Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Black Velvet »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:If you are going down to the 64th best player in the PDC that year, I see no reason why Ashton could sneak a win against them, the problem is not many
other women have ever played a best of 5 set match on TV.

I count a grand total of six, of which only two have ever won one (Ashton 4 times in all the 5 set matches she has ever played, and Gulliver the once) and only one average over 85 in all the 5 set matches concerned.
70 - 75 could easily win a 1st round for them.
True.
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Robson »

oche balboa wrote:top 10 averages

1 Michael van Gerwen Netherlands 102.02
2 Rob Cross England 99.07
3 Glen Durrant England 98.35
4 Corey Cadby Australia 98.07
5 Gary Anderson Scotland 97.88
6 Michael Smith England 97.67
7 Peter Wright Scotland 97.58
8 Mensur Suljovic Austria 97.22
9 Ian White England 96.99
10 Adrian Lewis England 96.52
Thanks for posting this Oche - That proves that Durrant is up there with the very best -

Robson
Deleted User

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.
BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.

This is a comment from someone who wants to be chairman of cheshire

You would be a sell out David Owen ...
No interest in that role for now. But I would have taken the money. 2 mil pays for a lot of WDTs.
Last edited by Deleted User on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Top 10 from this point in 2008

1 Phil Taylor England 104.88
2 James Wade England 95.72
3 John Part Canada 94.28
4 Raymond van Barneveld Netherlands 94.08
5 Peter Manley England 92.84
6 Robert Thornton Scotland 92.25
7 Terry Jenkins England 91.72
8 Mark Webster Wales 91.64
9 Simon Whitlock Australia 91.40
10 Adrian Lewis England 91.37
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote:Top 10 from this point in 2008

3 John Part Canada 94.28
Surely that's averages, not the rankings, you dimwit?
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Top 10 from this point in 2008

3 John Part Canada 94.28
Surely that's averages, not the rankings, you dimwit?
Objective measure as any Mr Owen -

Robson
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Until Durrant plays regularly against PDC opposition theres no way of knowing what he will do. Who knows if he can repeat his BDO averages in longer matches in front of big crowds against opposition that will put him under pressure.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Nice catch, oche.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Astonvilla wrote:Until Durrant plays regularly against PDC opposition theres no way of knowing what he will do. Who knows if he can repeat his BDO averages in longer matches in front of big crowds against opposition that will put him under pressure.
You'd expect them to be around 8-10 points higher on the TV specials in the PDC.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Astonvilla wrote:Until Durrant plays regularly against PDC opposition theres no way of knowing what he will do. Who knows if he can repeat his BDO averages in longer matches in front of big crowds against opposition that will put him under pressure.
His averages were very good over a long format at Lakeside - Im not a fan of Durrant - Nice bloke but I prefer Andy Hamilton and Mark McGeeney - They are my men in the BDO - I signed up to this forum to defend Hamilton against some silly comments made about him -But Durrant is the best player in the BDO - And dare I say the second best player in the world at the minute -

Robson
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

:DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Robson wrote:
His averages were very good over a long format at Lakeside - Im not a fan of Durrant - Nice bloke but I prefer Andy Hamilton and Mark McGeeney - They are my men in the BDO - I signed up to this forum to defend Hamilton against some silly comments made about him -But Durrant is the best player in the BDO - And dare I say the second best player in the world at the minute -

Robson
It's highly subjective but I agree, probably 2/3 as it stands.......no reason to think otherwise.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Robson wrote:

Robson
It's highly subjective but I agree, probably 2/3 as it stands.......no reason to think otherwise.
If anyone wonders what that strange feeling they're experiencing is called:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

You're welcome.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Robson wrote:

Robson
Agreed Paddy -

Robson
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

This bait is stale now. Why not try to find a new one.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Paddy hasn't found new material in at least five years, why expect better from the new troll?
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Impossible to be 100% sure about Durrant in how he would fare in the PDC..his 2 knockout games in the Grand Slam were comfortable enough losses to Barney and Wright..but over a whole year with more experience as he goes I reckon he would be one of the best players in the PDC to be honest.....the only one in the BDO that could really threaten to get near the top of the PDC now I'd say..
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

One thing's for sure though: The longer Durrant waits to switch, the less feared he will be by the PDC tour regulars. Quite ironically he'll look more and more like the big fish in the small pond with every further BDO TV title he wins with ease.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zeyes wrote:Paddy hasn't found new material in at least five years, why expect better from the new troll?
Five years! Try 50
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zeyes wrote:One thing's for sure though: The longer Durrant waits to switch, the less feared he will be by the PDC tour regulars. Quite ironically he'll look more and more like the big fish in the small pond with every further BDO TV title he wins with ease.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread :)