So what do you think of the new proposals?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Re: So what do you think of the new proposals?

Post by Astonvilla »

So he is going to create 6 new directors and 10 other new positions along with forming lots of committees to talk about stuff.

Where are the actual ideas or any inkling that he has the slightest clue how to take things forward.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

AV spotting the flaw in his brilliant plan, there
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

"Too many chiefs and not enough Indians"
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

How many players are there from Super League upwards as he is planning to charge them fees to fund just about everything.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

There is absolutely nothing in those proposals. How much red tape and bureaucracy is this going to cause? With so many directorships and committees nothing will ever get organised and decided.

Just on the transporr manager’s role. As some who was worked in the industry throughout my whole career, these “extraordinary deals” he talks about already exists - it’s called group booking. It’s not rocket science or anything special exclusive to him!
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Well that all seems pretty good, they need to get the ball rolling asap, it's no good folk whinging and moaning at this point in time, at least give him a couple of years to see the outcome of his plans. I wonder who will be the on the new board of directors?
But, but, but he's erroneously capitalised some words!!!
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: So what do you think of the new proposals?

Post by Ginge »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Well that all seems pretty good, they need to get the ball rolling asap, it's no good folk whinging and moaning at this point in time, at least give him a couple of years to see the outcome of his plans. I wonder who will be the on the new board of directors?
But, but, but he's erroneously capitalised some words!!!
Amateur is as amateur does, I suppose.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

God bless you Des.

Ignore the keyboard warriors, mate.
UKDA 4 Life
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Astonvilla wrote:So he is going to create 6 new directors and 10 other new positions along with forming lots of committees to talk about stuff.

Where are the actual ideas or any inkling that he has the slightest clue how to take things forward.
Sounds great....That is if their plan is to milk the BDO dry with expenses!!
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The proposal does come over a little dull. But isn't that what the bdo needs at this point. Something steady and stable rather than ground breaking and full of over hyped promises?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

If it actually happens with enforcing a mandatory BDO membership (which I assume would then prevent you playing elsewhere at the same time), it will more than likely just drive more players to the Challenge and Dev tours.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I do agree with the comments re too many new positions. Is he trying to "be all things to all men/women"?

Think all these directors etc will just clog up the system.

Also is he guaranteed tto get the top job? Sounds like he thinks he will.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dazzla501 wrote:If it actually happens with enforcing a mandatory BDO membership (which I assume would then prevent you playing elsewhere at the same time), it will more than likely just drive more players to the Challenge and Dev tours.
I was wondering about this aspect. Sure Paul as always promoted this membership idea. If it took off then a lot of coin for the BDO. How many folk are we talking about? But would it put superleage players off? Who does the administration and checking players are members for this?

Don't play superleage. Would be good to hear what those who do think on the membership scheme.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Dazzla501 wrote:If it actually happens with enforcing a mandatory BDO membership (which I assume would then prevent you playing elsewhere at the same time), it will more than likely just drive more players to the Challenge and Dev tours.
I don’t agree with this. Because the Challenge Tour still costs £250 for membership plus £50 per event.

I’d advocate a registration fee of £20 for all those playing in BDO competitions. Perhaps a further £20 a jyear to enter ranked tournaments.

Surely this isn’t too much to ask? Some amateur cricketers pay this per weekend to play two matches.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Anyone know how many players would it effect so we can calculate how much potential it has.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Astonvilla wrote:So he is going to create 6 new directors and 10 other new positions along with forming lots of committees to talk about stuff.

He's gonna delegate absolutely everything to other people and then blame them if there's no progress:
Each of the above Directorships will carry a job description that will detail the duties they are responsible for and this will serve to ensure that for every action or inaction within a specific Directorship there is responsibility and accountability for those charged with carrying out those duties
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Sally wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Sally wrote:The proposals are here.....

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/inboun ... jsHjuzuAug
Thanks Sally but you're supposed to just post "I know something you don't" and not the link :)
Lol.... :DDD:
Nik and Skewy....the only ones that weren't in the loop. It's only right that BDO supporters find out first. ;-)
Well surely at 10am all the BDO fanatical supporters are out buying tickets for or heading to BDO events?

Oh hang on..................
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Im thinking of applying for the Director without portfolio role.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Dannyboy wrote:
I don’t agree with this. Because the Challenge Tour still costs £250 for membership plus £50 per event.
£450 now actually.

Doubt that a BDO membership scheme would drive significant numbers towards the PDC. It'll drive them into unsanctioned leagues and tournaments.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

So is he going to reduce County fees and replace them with more Super league fees.??!

Ha ha that won't work