So what do you think of the new proposals?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Re: So what do you think of the new proposals?

Post by Murphio »

Great news. With all these new directors, Des is going to quadrauple the WDT attendance in one fell swoop.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Murphio wrote:Great news. With all these new directors, Des is going to quadrauple the WDT attendance in one fell swoop.
:DDD:
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

phil davies wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Dazzla501 wrote:If it actually happens with enforcing a mandatory BDO membership (which I assume would then prevent you playing elsewhere at the same time), it will more than likely just drive more players to the Challenge and Dev tours.
I don’t agree with this. Because the Challenge Tour still costs £250 for membership plus £50 per event.
£450 now actually.

Doubt that a BDO membership scheme would drive significant numbers towards the PDC. It'll drive them into unsanctioned leagues and tournaments.
The shock horror of that!

As if people as they always have done will start playing darts in pub and club leagues and local open tournements. All this BDO is the grass-routes is nonsense as is the idea that the PDC youth tour is the vast majority of players will start of playing in pub or club leagues and local opens and then progress.
And we have a winner!!

I personally think this 'BDO is crucial for the amateur game' talk is just nonsense. People will always organise their own pubcomps, regional leagues without a supervising body. And the large successful opens will carry on no matter what. I see it here in the Netherlands where about half of the regional organisations aren't registered with the NDB, yet everything is organised swimmingly and the better players progress nonetheless.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

phil davies wrote:The shock horror of that!

As if people as they always have done will start playing darts in pub and club leagues and local open tournements. All this BDO is the grass-routes is nonsense as is the idea that the PDC youth tour is the vast majority of players will start of playing in pub or club leagues and local opens and then progress.
Just to clarify, I totally agree and didn't mean my "unsanctioned" description of those leagues and tournaments as criticism.

Mgt wrote:I personally think this 'BDO is crucial for the amateur game' talk is just nonsense. People will always organise their own pubcomps, regional leagues without a supervising body. And the large successful opens will carry on no matter what. I see it here in the Netherlands where about half of the regional organisations aren't registered with the NDB, yet everything is organised swimmingly and the better players progress nonetheless.
Yeah. In the end, what matters is that the people doing the organizing know what they're doing. The name of the organization on the marquee or on the letterhead is completely meaningless to 99% of the players. Jacklin will come to learn that the hard way if he actually tries to milk players at the grass roots without offering them anything worthwhile in return (and I don't see anything in that outline).
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Good stuff if the plans that were discussed today go ahead.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

fwiw in my experience the bigger the pool at the top table the more talent (people coming in) can be called on therefore the chances of getting things right is increased, especially if a majority is needed to pass a vote say 7/10, also dissenting voices are more likely to speak up as its not the closed clique of 3 or 4 chums all tapping each other on the back , supported from here
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

only85 wrote:fwiw in my experience the bigger the pool at the top table the more talent (people coming in) can be called on therefore the chances of getting things right is increased, especially if a majority is needed to pass a vote say 7/10, also dissenting voices are more likely to speak up as its not the closed clique of 3 or 4 chums all tapping each other on the back , supported from here
Depends who the 10 are really doesnt it? Could be Des and all his mates, who dont want to vote against him so they stay in the clique.
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Having the representatives from several dozen counties vote on BDO matters has always worked great in determining the optimal course of action for the organization.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I wonder how many time Himmler and Goebells (sp?) stated they didnt agree with something their boss wanted to do.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Zeyes wrote:Having the representatives from several dozen counties vote on BDO matters has always worked great in determining the optimal course of action for the organization.
Good to see you back posting Pierre.

Your concise, articulate and reasoned input has been missed.

Forum getting back to former glories after the flouncing of one particular member, following his embarrassment once sobering up.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

only85 wrote:fwiw in my experience the bigger the pool at the top table the more talent (people coming in) can be called on therefore the chances of getting things right is increased, especially if a majority is needed to pass a vote say 7/10, also dissenting voices are more likely to speak up as its not the closed clique of 3 or 4 chums all tapping each other on the back , supported from here
Equally, positive change would be harder to come by. People can vote in blocs.

See ICC. That had 10 board members too up until recently.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zeyes wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Dazzla501 wrote:If it actually happens with enforcing a mandatory BDO membership (which I assume would then prevent you playing elsewhere at the same time), it will more than likely just drive more players to the Challenge and Dev tours.
I don’t agree with this. Because the Challenge Tour still costs £250 for membership plus £50 per event.
£450 now actually.

Doubt that a BDO membership scheme would drive significant numbers towards the PDC. It'll drive them into unsanctioned leagues and tournaments.
At the end of the day whatever the BDO do if the PDC don’t like it or feel slightly threatened by it they just change something in their favour
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Someone has brought up the point that if all superleague players are paid up members of the bdo them they would or should be able to go the agm. Not sure about that.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote:Someone has brought up the point that if all superleague players are paid up members of the bdo them they would or should be able to go the agm. Not sure about that.
What happens if a player doesn’t sign up? Are player outside of uk going to have to sign up?

With the PDC moving to use the CDC in NA will they bring over something that they are utilising in USA. Started with DartPlayers New York. A city based series of events for 32-48 entrants all builds up to a finals at end of year. They also take the top players onto there tour.

Could the PDC do something in the UK? Offer Q-School spots but also have inter city matches through the year? I know there are things like that already going on but with some co-ordination could it be done nationally?
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Great proposal!

Should charge every super league player £20-25 to become a member of the BDO. Darts For ALL!!!!!!

gonna need someway to raise funds for 10 directors fact finding trips to Las Vegas, Turkey, Greece and Ibiza

DES gets my vote!!!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Or they could have read the whole thing on Page 2 of this thread, of course.....
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I see the PDC groupies are seething............great news, you know Des must have done something positive....
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

So Des as he writes is not in s position to take up the proposed role of following the current chairman to take over etc. Has a role of Players? Director, but he, himself and not the board according to what he has written will be in a position to announce where the next 3 editions of all the majors will be hosted.

Under what authority can he do that?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

2 of those 3 events have much bigger problems than having no fixed venue anyway, imo. Cant see it addressed in the PDF, either.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote:Or they could have read the whole thing on Page 2 of this thread, of course.....
Oops. That is what I get for working all day and not reading all the posts on the forum. :grin:

Will delete now and concentrate on the Fury fight with my tail firmly between my legs. :DDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner