EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
London Eye
The Ton Club

Re: EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Post by London Eye »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:So you are blaming the BDO basically?
No I’m blaming the sponsor failing to commit to the event , we were not prepared to put darters money at risk , the Bdo indecision hasn’t helped but at end of the day it’s our call.
I will add that Des asked would a different date suit us and was prepared to assist that , but very few who came to our event went to turkey open .
The sponsorship/ finances should be in place before you announce the event. Christ, this England lot are as thick a mince, no commercial awarenes, one debacle after another, at least it wouldn't have been played in a tent though.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

London eye will add the tournament director of the BDO hadn’t resigned .
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:So you are blaming the BDO basically?
No I’m blaming the sponsor failing to commit to the event , we were not prepared to put darters money at risk , the Bdo indecision hasn’t helped but at end of the day it’s our call.
I will add that Des asked would a different date suit us and was prepared to assist that , but very few who came to our event went to turkey open .
The sponsorship/ finances should be in place before you announce the event. Christ, this England lot are as thick a mince, no commercial awarenes, one debacle after another, at least it wouldn't have been played in a tent though.
Who put it in the diary we didn’t ! As event not to the start of next season we also hadn’t filled out a Bdo application form for points or prize level breakdowns , it’s boring educating your mr Thick as mince !
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

WCDPA wrote:London eye will add the tournament director of the BDO hadn’t resigned .
You know full well I am referring to the TD of England. Your org is in disarray.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

WCDPA wrote:London eyei will add the tournament director of the BDO hasnt resigned .
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:London eye will add the tournament director of the BDO hadn’t resigned .
You know full well I am referring to the TD of England. Your org is in disarray.
How do I know what you are referring too I can’t read 27 minds .
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
How do I know what you are referring too I can’t read 27 minds .
Hom many tournament directors have recently resigned? She must have been really pissed with Tommy.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Stop biting Pauly.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Oh well. My guess was somewhat not accurate!

At least Paul posts reasons for cancellations rather than just never mention it again.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Oh well. My guess was somewhat not accurate!

At least Paul posts reasons for cancellations rather than just never mention it again.
Well it did take someone else to mention it was cancelled....
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:Oh well. My guess was somewhat not accurate!

Well it did take someone else to mention it was cancelled....
And then he comes out with a bullshit excuse and blames the BDO :DDD:
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Black Velvet wrote:Stop biting Pauly.
Not biting mate this is allegedly a darts forum thought I was answering a genuine question .
It’s no surprise that players and officials don’t post on here anymore .
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

WCDPA wrote:
Not biting mate this is allegedly a darts forum thought I was answering a genuine question .

Paul, you were answering a genuine question, and thank you for the response. Hope it gets resurrected next year
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Addicks Fan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Paul, you were answering a genuine question, and thank you for the response. Hope it gets resurrected next year
Who knows might continue our contact with matchroom :DDD:
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Not many of the top 20 ranked women go to Turkey ...wonder how many will go now or is it too late to book ...it's an event Paula gets most points from
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Double Flops wrote:Not many of the top 20 ranked women go to Turkey ...wonder how many will go now or is it too late to book ...it's an event Paula gets most points from
Would imagine some waiting to hear when PDC announce their ladies qualifier.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

So you lost yet another sponsor ?

and in all the time where they failed to commit failed to sound alarm bells with you ?

and you never used that time to sound out a potential replacement for when the inevitable we'd love to but letter from them arrived ?

With this business acumen you would be brilliant on Dragons den. Have the BBC not approached you and asked you pitch ? Or are you all worried you wouldn't be able to find the way in to the elevator to the pitching floor ?
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

el_ringo wrote:So you lost yet another sponsor ?

and in all the time where they failed to commit failed to sound alarm bells with you ?

and you never used that time to sound out a potential replacement for when the inevitable we'd love to but letter from them arrived ?

With this business acumen you would be brilliant on Dragons den. Have the BBC not approached you and asked you pitch ? Or are you all worried you wouldn't be able to find the way in to the elevator to the pitching floor ?
He's on Dragons Den next week pitching a high street store selling Betamax videos of ladies darts matches.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

el_ringo wrote:So you lost yet another sponsor ?

What exactly have you achieved in life ? Are you Richard Branson ? when did you ever get £18,000 of sponsorship for any darts tournament let alone a ladies one .
At least myself and Paul Brown had a go , for the record this is the same guy who sponsors Conan Whitehead, Dan Day , Wayne Warren, Richie Edwards , Nick Kenny , Deta Hedman on BDO and
Tommy Wilson on Dev tour and BDO .
So I think finding an elevator might not be a problem but hey ho El Stinko I will leave you wallowing in your own mediocrity, as to pull everyone else down you obviously have sweet FA happening in your own sad existence :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And if he was Richard Branson, would he have ignored the letter from the EDO? ;)
Big Jock Knew