EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Post by BlueSpark »

IMG_0694.PNG
IMG_0694.PNG (152.89 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
Ginge
International

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Post by Ginge »

4.30pm - 7.30pm Saturday, and 4pm - 9pm Sunday.

Think I'll stick to Peru vs Denmark, Germany vs Mexico and Brazil vs Switzerland....
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Where"s the eye? :IIII:
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

England darts is run by amateur incompetent buffoons, of course they are missing a trick. The whole thing is Tommy Thompsons vanity project, pretending he has some influence in darts when history shows time and time again he is involved with one cock up after another right back to Lancashire getting scammed out of tens of thousands of £££ under his oblivious nose. Darts in tents, paying for shitty "tv" coverage, losing sponsors, cancelling events, failing to attend world cups, increasing county fees, hiking entry fees, clueless, hopeless and out of touch with modern day darts they are missing more than a trick.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Re-read Ginge's message, it's on the soccerplayers.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Thanks for letting us know Sparky, will make sure I tune in.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote:England darts is run by amateur incompetent buffoons, of course they are missing a trick. The whole thing is Tommy Thompsons vanity project, pretending he has some influence in darts when history shows time and time again he is involved with one cock up after another right back to Lancashire getting scammed out of tens of thousands of £££ under his oblivious nose. Darts in tents, paying for shitty "tv" coverage, losing sponsors, cancelling events, failing to attend world cups, increasing county fees, hiking entry fees, clueless, hopeless and out of touch with modern day darts they are missing more than a trick.
You really are a one trick pony, you fail to understand that the EDO are an amateur organisation doing their best to promote their side of the game with little funding and taking no remuneration for their efforts.
Tommy really gets to you doesn't he, let it go it'll eat you up and these personal attacks merely dilute any point you happen to make.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

nikkiboy wrote:
London Eye wrote:England darts is run by amateur incompetent buffoons, of course they are missing a trick. The whole thing is Tommy Thompsons vanity project, pretending he has some influence in darts when history shows time and time again he is involved with one cock up after another right back to Lancashire getting scammed out of tens of thousands of £££ under his oblivious nose. Darts in tents, paying for shitty "tv" coverage, losing sponsors, cancelling events, failing to attend world cups, increasing county fees, hiking entry fees, clueless, hopeless and out of touch with modern day darts they are missing more than a trick.
You really are a one trick pony, you fail to understand that the EDO are an amateur organisation doing their best to promote their side of the game with little funding and taking no remuneration for their efforts.
Tommy really gets to you doesn't he, let it go it'll eat you up and these personal attacks merely dilute any point you happen to make.
I understand they are amateur, rank amateur. If the current set up is them doing their best then I would love to see the state they would be in if they lost focus :DDD: So what if they have little funding, whose fault is that, they should get off their arses and find it. You keep brown nosing Tommy, what's up, scared of a visit from the old fool?
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

nikkiboy wrote:
Excellent post.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

I'll have to contradict Parrack. Actually, when you visit the England Open section on the EDO website, you don't find the 2017 edition, you only find 2016 and older... Anything from 2017 seems to have been purged off the main page but wasn't actually transferred to the archive, as far as I can see.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Zeyes wrote:I'll have to contradict Parrack. Actually, when you visit the England Open section on the EDO website, you don't find the 2017 edition, you only find 2016 and older... Anything from 2017 seems to have been purged off the main page but wasn't actually transferred to the archive, as far as I can see.
Leave them alone, they are doing their best and don't get paid.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
I understand they are amateur, rank amateur. If the current set up is them doing their best then I would love to see the state they would be in if they lost focus :DDD: So what if they have little funding, whose fault is that, they should get off their arses and find it. You keep brown nosing Tommy, what's up, scared of a visit from the old fool?
How can they attract more headline sponsors? They do not have the the benefits of being the top dogs of any organisation (PDC/BDO) and the structure means that they are always under the governance of the BDO which ties their hand in all manner of ways which leaves their options limited.
They have run successful competitions with good prize money, they have tried new things and they have attracted more sponsorship than the chief organisation does (BDO).
They have actually demonstrated that they do get off their arses and get sponsors but sponsorships end or fall through, that's life.
They deserve the criticism they got for the World Cup debacle and hopefully they have learned from that but your almost stalker like hatred of Tommy and chasing of Paul is quite pathetic, if you have some ideas on how they could improve things just post them so they can look at their merits. You won't though, you will trot out the old 'money stolen, playing in a tent, shitty tv' jargon ad infinitum, like I said before it makes you look like you have a personal vendetta against the EDO, maybe a long grey haired man once stole your milk and you can't get over it.
As for your last statement I've met Tommy and Paul and repeated in person the criticism that I gave them on here and will do again I'm sure, I suggest you try face to face conversation, you may find you enjoy it.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Tip: imagine how the PDC(whatever tour) would organise the tournament.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

nikkiboy wrote:
London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
How can they attract more headline sponsors? They do not have the the benefits of being the top dogs of any organisation (PDC/BDO) and the structure means that they are always under the governance of the BDO which ties their hand in all manner of ways which leaves their options limited.
They have run successful competitions with good prize money, they have tried new things and they have attracted more sponsorship than the chief organisation does (BDO).
They have actually demonstrated that they do get off their arses and get sponsors but sponsorships end or fall through, that's life.
They deserve the criticism they got for the World Cup debacle and hopefully they have learned from that but your almost stalker like hatred of Tommy and chasing of Paul is quite pathetic, if you have some ideas on how they could improve things just post them so they can look at their merits. You won't though, you will trot out the old 'money stolen, playing in a tent, shitty tv' jargon ad infinitum, like I said before it makes you look like you have a personal vendetta against the EDO, maybe a long grey haired man once stole your milk and you can't get over it.
As for your last statement I've met Tommy and Paul and repeated in person the criticism that I gave them on here and will do again I'm sure, I suggest you try face to face conversation, you may find you enjoy it.
Wayne Williams really got to you didn't he :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Good work, Nick.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote: Wayne Williams really got to you didn't he :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Obviously not as much as Tommy gets to you but let me address that point for you as you are patently struggling with it.
I had a visit from Wayne because I am admin of here and not for my views, his threats were made to try and get me to close the forum or stop the likes of JC and You from posting. Just digest that for a moment because if he had gotten to me then either this place would now be closed or you and JC would not be allowed to post on here.
In light of the facts that JC still posts and you have replied that tells you what?
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Wayne needs to pay you another visit?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Case wrote:Wayne needs to pay you another visit?
:grin:
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

Ginge wrote:4.30pm - 7.30pm Saturday, and 4pm - 9pm Sunday.

Think I'll stick to Peru vs Denmark, Germany vs Mexico and Brazil vs Switzerland....
Would there have been a commercial argument for scratching the TV/stream coverage this time given that the World Cup will dilute the already small viewing figures (most interested parties you would assume would already be at the event). The money invested in this could then be kept back in the pot and spent on something else later on.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Post by Ginge »

Dazzla501 wrote:
Ginge wrote:4.30pm - 7.30pm Saturday, and 4pm - 9pm Sunday.

Would there have been a commercial argument for scratching the TV/stream coverage this time given that the World Cup will dilute the already small viewing figures (most interested parties you would assume would already be at the event). The money invested in this could then be kept back in the pot and spent on something else later on.
Dunno about the stream, the hardcore will always watch that, but we all know the TV coverage is merely an exercise in dickwaving.
Big Jock Knew