County Player

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:.
Oh well start 11am in the Pentathlon with a great ladies line up !
Is the Pentathalon being streamed at all?

No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .
I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.
Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.
A bloke who nows plays for us, joined in when he didn't play darts and his first game of half it. He ended up needing 2 bulls to win it and he hit them to absolute astonishment.

If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:.
Oh well start 11am in the Pentathlon with a great ladies line up !

No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .
I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.
Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.
Remember the Flower's dartathlon being televised back in the olden days, as you both say it's difference is it's USP.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:

A bloke who nows plays for us, joined in when he didn't play darts and his first game of half it. He ended up needing 2 bulls to win it and he hit them to absolute astonishment.

If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.
When we wanted to play for money in the pub it was always half it or small 3, used to get 10-15 people per round and £2 a game it was a nice earner playing that on a Sunday lunchtime.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

nikkiboy wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

When we wanted to play for money in the pub it was always half it or small 3, used to get 10-15 people per round and £2 a game it was a nice earner playing that on a Sunday lunchtime.
I dont remember the "Flowers Dartathalon" (im 43).

We played for 20p each player which meant with ten players you got 11 songs on the jukebox.We always kept it small stakes so anyone could join in.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

London Eye wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Which part and why ?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

tvselsey.JPG
tvselsey.JPG (163.68 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
Spot the deliberate mistake. :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Saturday 16th June, eh?

Then again as amateurs its acceptable to be making mistakes all the time. Or something.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Saturday 16th June, eh?

Then again as amateurs its acceptable to be making mistakes all the time. Or something.
Eh?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

In the net.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:In the net.
Do what now? :DDD:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Saturday 16th June, eh?

What mistakes?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And another.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

No mistakes at all

Penathlon is going on currently
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Ginge wrote:And another.
That's some faulty sense of humour you got here...
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
I dont remember the "Flowers Dartathalon" (im 43).
Nor me and I am older than that and have seen every world championships from inception.

It doesn't work having any format that isn't known to the mass viewing public.

Darts works on TV cos its simple , easy to understand and gives an excitement moment at the end of every quick game for the finish & a winner or loser of every game.

The PDC found this with the equal darts experiment it just doesn't work as good as a conventional game of 501 does.

Pentathlon just isn't like this and to be honest if it was ever going to have made it as a 'televised' tournament it would of happened back in the golden days when Bristow , Lowe, Jocky etc were all household names and could of brought in some fan base to hopefully watch and pick it up
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Still nobody spotted the mistake?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tweet from Oche.

Ladies Pentathlon was played today.

Here were the top 10 scores #BDO

Aileen De Graaf 304
Lorraine Winstanley 294
Trina Gulliver 288
Casey Gallagher 270
Sharon Prins 269
Brenda Dyer 264
Deta Hedman 259
Kirsti Viinkeinen 245
Rachel Brooks 240
Vicky Prium 237

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote:Tweet from Oche.

Ladies Pentathlon was played today.

Here were the top 10 scores #BDO

Aileen De Graaf 304
Lorraine Winstanley 294
Trina Gulliver 288
Casey Gallagher 270
Sharon Prins 269
Brenda Dyer 264
Deta Hedman 259
Kirsti Viinkeinen 245
Rachel Brooks 240
Vicky Prium 237
Come on Aileen!
Do we know how this relates to previous years, i.e score.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

We do.
No one cared in previous years either.