Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
only85 wrote:Meanwhile interesting that labour are considering banning gambling adverts to be discussed at party conference,
Would that help anything?
Well no, given they have to win an election first.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by oche balboa »

Bradders is hoping they do
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Bradders is hoping they do
Never voted for them in my life, mate.

Anyway it's good to see i am on your mind across multiple threads this afternoon.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by oche balboa »

Sorry Bradders
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
only85 wrote:Meanwhile interesting that labour are considering banning gambling adverts to be discussed at party conference,
Would that help anything?
May help the young ones from getting bombarded with gambling is cool ads..........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

phil davies wrote:I don’t agree with them not being allowed to sponsor comps or teams but I agree something needs to be done to reduce or ban the crazy amount of betting adverts during live sport.
You'll end up paying a damn sight more for Sky Sports.

I love the fact that grown adults who do stupid things with their money are blaming the ads for their own bloody stupid behaviour.

Imagine going to court and saying "I'm sorry, Your Honour, after I saw those condom ads I couldn't help going out and beating people."

People just blaming others for their own stupidity and lack of self control.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

David is correct.
Big Jock Knew
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

Karel Sedlacek has won the East Europe world championship qualifier, the first Czech player to qualify for the PDC worlds for 11 years.

Quarter-Finals
Sebastian Steyer 6-3 Mitja Habjan
Pal Szekely 6-3 Patrik Kovacs
Karel Sedlacek 6-2 Adrian Frim
Benjamin Pratnemer 6-3 Zoltan Mester

Semi-Finals
Pal Szekely 6-4 Sebastian Steyer
Karel Sedlacek 6-2 Benjamin Pratnemer

Final
Karel Sedlacek 6-4 Pal Szekely
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

So looking ahead to the PDPA qualifier - how many tour card holders are actually not going to be qualified? Surely its only going to be 50-60? Could they have not opened it up to a few more on the Challenge Tour Order of Merit?

This is going to be the most international World Championship ever, with at least 26 nationalities going to be represented, with more than half of the field going to be from outside the United Kingdom.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote:Good player is Sedlacek field is shaping up nicely for this wonder who the real outsiders to have a run will be this year as I doubt anyone predicted DvdB or Jamie Lewis last year.
I think any of the top 3 from the Asian rankings could do well. They seem to be getting better the more tournaments the play. If one of them doesn’t break through this year it won’t be far away. All have hit 95+ Average at some point.

Labanauskas looks likely to be there. The Dutch players seem to be improving of late. Could Noppert come all the way through and have a good run?
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
phil davies wrote:Good player is Sedlacek field is shaping up nicely for this wonder who the real outsiders to have a run will be this year as I doubt anyone predicted DvdB or Jamie Lewis last year.
I think any of the top 3 from the Asian rankings could do well. They seem to be getting better the more tournaments the play. If one of them doesn’t break through this year it won’t be far away. All have hit 95+ Average at some point.

Labanauskas looks likely to be there. The Dutch players seem to be improving of late. Could Noppert come all the way through and have a good run?
I really rate Asada I think the more soft tip he plays the better he will get if he ever decided to take the plunge and move to Europe I think he could make a lot of money in the PDC.
All they need in Asia is one guy who can compete with the big guys, that will probably cause more young people to start playing the game early. Look at snooker for example.

There are some who can throw a decent dart, but I can't see any of the current batch shooting to the top ~20.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

teddybreak wrote:
phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

I really rate Asada I think the more soft tip he plays the better he will get if he ever decided to take the plunge and move to Europe I think he could make a lot of money in the PDC.
All they need in Asia is one guy who can compete with the big guys, that will probably cause more young people to start playing the game early. Look at snooker for example.

There are some who can throw a decent dart, but I can't see any of the current batch shooting to the top ~20.
They have the players with ability there. The problem is they are all too far removed from the centre of gravity of the tour. Same as the Yanks.
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

ChrisW wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

They have the players with ability there. The problem is they are all too far removed from the centre of gravity of the tour. Same as the Yanks.
Don't know, John Part flew back and forth in his heyday (did he?) and it dind't seem to bother him that much.

Sure, the Asian (and North-American) players would benefit if they compete against better competition on a regular basis, but I just don't see the big one amongst them yet.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

teddybreak wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: I think any of the top 3 from the Asian rankings could do well. They seem to be getting better the more tournaments the play. If one of them doesn’t break through this year it won’t be far away. All have hit 95+ Average at some point.

Don't know, John Part flew back and forth in his heyday (did he?) and it dind't seem to bother him that much.

Sure, the Asian (and North-American) players would benefit if they compete against better competition on a regular basis, but I just don't see the big one amongst them yet.
If you moved the best 10 over to the UK from Asia for a year. You would see how good they are.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

teddybreak wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: I think any of the top 3 from the Asian rankings could do well. They seem to be getting better the more tournaments the play. If one of them doesn’t break through this year it won’t be far away. All have hit 95+ Average at some point.

Far more expensive to do this from Asia.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
phil davies wrote:I don’t agree with them not being allowed to sponsor comps or teams but I agree something needs to be done to reduce or ban the crazy amount of betting adverts during live sport.
You'll end up paying a damn sight more for Sky Sports.

I love the fact that grown adults who do stupid things with their money are blaming the ads for their own bloody stupid behaviour.

Imagine going to court and saying "I'm sorry, Your Honour, after I saw those condom ads I couldn't help going out and beating people."

People just blaming others for their own stupidity and lack of self control.
Says Alky Dave......with your background you should know that teenagers are highly impressionable.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy replying after a week, there.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

teddybreak wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
phil davies wrote:

I think you can start to see the standard if not just the consistency improving of the top Asian players from playing a year in the Asian tour. This is the first time the top players are being brought together on a regular basis like this and I think it will work. It will be interesting to see turnout in the Philippines but then also into year 2.
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Paddy replying after a week, there.
I don't care. I landed him.
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

ChrisW wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
phil davies wrote:

If you moved the best 10 over to the UK from Asia for a year. You would see how good they are.
Don't know, we have the likes of Devon Peterson (throwing worse, if anything), Kyle Anderson (definately improved but not a world-beater) and Dawson Murschell (was average and still is average) based in the UK at the moment. Simon Whitlock lives there for several years now, but he achieved his highest level before he actually moved, for whatever reason.

As said, in general the level will definately go up when you move to the UK. But I don't see anyone from the current batch being able to become a regular in later stages of the majors. But maybe you're right and they are out there even now (look at how Peter Wright improved at later age).