Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WizardofozFan
County Player

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by WizardofozFan »

And what was the pathetic handshake about YET AGAIN? How many times before someone has a strong word with him? Consistently disrespecting opponents with limp/non-existent handshakes and not even having the balls to look them in the eyes.

Oh, and I wonder if he'd have shouted in Gerwyn Price's face, or Phil Taylor's, for that matter? The answer is "no chance".
ChrisW
International

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by ChrisW »

BOOM wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 pm
BOOM wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:31 pm Clearly doesn't realise the shitstorm that's coming his way... In for a shock
Hes trending on twitter with people calling for him to be thrown out.

Only takes someone to pick up what he said and its going to be a shit storm for him.
That's what I mean. He obviously doesn't realise he's taking a major slating off everyone. But he's going to find out soon!
I might be wrong but I think this one will blow over pretty quick.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:42 pm
BOOM wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 pm
BOOM wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:31 pm Clearly doesn't realise the shitstorm that's coming his way... In for a shock
Hes trending on twitter with people calling for him to be thrown out.

Only takes someone to pick up what he said and its going to be a shit storm for him.
That's what I mean. He obviously doesn't realise he's taking a major slating off everyone. But he's going to find out soon!
I might be wrong but I think this one will blow over pretty quick.
Sky sports darts tweeted the interview now.

The Crusader
International

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by The Crusader »

WizardofozFan wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 pm Wade was out of order.

Made up he got the job done. Maybe need 1 or 2 less drinks next match.

Still in the comp.
Well done for admitting he was wrong, but why are you made up he got the job done? What is remotely likeable about the bloke? A king-sized, horrid man who shows no reason to like him whatsoever besides being a good darts player.

Having now heard that he wanted to hurt him deliberately, why should he be allowed to continue in this tournament? If he is thrown out, and quite rightly so, how could he have any arguments? And why are there so many knobs around in darts nowadays? Wade, Price, Gurney, MVG, Lewis, all guilty of the same kind of behaviour on stage, not just once either.
Wade is not normally like that. He is nowhere near the level of Price and MVG who regularly do similar things (although not directed at oppo) it is still done to unsettle them.

Having spent time in his company I like him, was easy to talk too, friendly, no big I am stuff, just a down to earth lad who is good at darts.

Wanting to hurt him is an expression and most sane people know he meant mentally and not physically. Mountain ouf of a mole hill.

Again he was in the wrong tonight so I presume he must have had more than the half pint the players usually have before playing.
Thinking of one.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Quite funny seeing some say Wade should be thrown out...this is PR brilliance for the PDC just like the fartgate and Price vs Gando...
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Skewball wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:08 pm He's clearly pissed up.

Although not as pissed up as my blind pairs partner on Tuesday night. He never said a word, had no idea what he was going for , didnt realise it was double in, and managed a spectacular falling over in slow motion after his first throw . All very amusing.
We lost funnily enough.
How’s your luck eh? :D
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

DavidB wrote:Quite funny seeing some say Wade should be thrown out...this is PR brilliance for the PDC just like the fartgate and Price vs Gando...
It's daft. Far worse things too worry about. Both players seemed fine afterwards.
Thinking of one.
Kinks
Steady Sixties

Post by Kinks »

In the pre match interview Wade said he was a nicer person then behaves like that. I’ve enjoyed his return to form before tonight but hope he gets his just deserts later in the tournament.

On another note Asada played really well, would be nice to see an Asian player earn a card and base themselves in Europe, really seeing signs of the strengthening regional tours in the worlds so far and hope that continues.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The Crusader wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Wanting to hurt him is an expression and most sane people know he meant mentally and not physically. Mountain ouf of a mole hill.
Agree with you on that. I understand wanting to get in the head of people and think that is what he meant.

BUT screaming in their ear is the wrong and far worse than his comments and his ignorant way he basically disregarded Asada at the end when he went to shake Wade's hand was the worst part.

Yes his doubling was great, he showed his experience to get the win, but his personal actions on the oche were wrong.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 pm
Yes his doubling was great, he showed his experience to get the win, but his personal actions on the oche were wrong.
Garry slowing warming up the oil for Wade again after a half an hour tiff.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Garry Murphy wrote:

Agree with you on that. I understand wanting to get in the head of people and think that is what he meant.

BUT screaming in their ear is the wrong and far worse than his comments and his ignorant way he basically disregarded Asada at the end when he went to shake Wade's hand was the worst part.

I agree, not defending his actions but feel it wrong to compare a one off to players who do it constantly.
Thinking of one.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

No issues at all with MVG...even Price although OTT only celebrates on the oche...unless Anderson ìs already there in his face !!!....Wade was worse by a mile...off the oche and directed at the opponent....he's always been slightly different but now he is distinctly strange at times...
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The Crusader wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 am
Garry Murphy wrote:

I agree, not defending his actions but feel it wrong to compare a one off to players who do it constantly.
Not defending his scummy actions either.
Dart players are for the most part not the best at conveying things and Wades comments about hurting his opponent was not meant how it came out.

I also dont think wade is as bad as Gurney, MVG or Price who are far worse, but Wade still acted poorly and even I wanted Asada to win.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

Aside from Wade's poor gamesmanship really would have like Asada to win anyway :-(
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It's now made the BBC Sport page, just under details about some other thug throwing a bottle at a footballer.
Big Jock Knew
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

Just seen the Wade interview, didn’t realise he said it three times, can’t exactly claim it was a slip of the tongue. Looking at the draw, he should get to the Quarters now.

Anyway, some intriguing games this afternoon. Hopefully Wattimena and Lennon can both progress this afternoon but have a feeling Wattimena could have his rhythm disrupted by the methodical Barnard and will end up losing. Hopefully I’m wrong though. Think Humphries and Dobey will both upset the seeds, if they continue from where they left off in the first round.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

The whole demeanour of Wade during that celebration was aggression , the clenched fist as though cocked and ready, the lunge towards Asada , the verbal intimidation, all out of order and looks awful. I’ve played in places where that kind of move would get you bottled!

As for the jingoistic shite he spouted in the interview, does he think we’re at war with Japan?

Asada treated James with absolute respect and received that back. Absolute disgrace, obviously not bad enough for exclusion , Lewis had a guy by the neck and was allowed to finish the tournament, but no doubt the DRA will be involved.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:It's now made the BBC Sport page, just under details about some other thug throwing a bottle at a footballer.
And mentioned on 5-live this morning in the sports news. 'Thugish' behaviour they said it had been referred to.