Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Skewball wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:59 pm
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:19 pm
Skewball wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:58 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:42 am

The Tory leadership contest?
None of that lot deserve to be leader........
Maybe our MP will become PM....
The MOGGster
He's said on multiple occasions he has absolutely no interest in becoming PM. It's there on public record.
For him to go back on his word after previously being so unequivocal would show him up to be a ditherer who doesn't know his own mind, or a duplicitous liar. Either way you would think it would make him unfit for heading up any type of organisation.......... :fishing :fishing
well except that every MP ever always says 'I have not intention on becoming PM' but of course for 'the benefit of the Country' and after being 'persuaded' then it is incumbent on me to....... blah blah blah

as it happens Mogg has indeed always maintained he would not even get in the Cabinet, let alone PM due to his posh accent. Which is not great really but it is very probably true.
I'm tempted to claim the whoosh
billyd
Pub Champion

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by billyd »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 am Here we go again....an overly extended borefest of a mix of dreamers and a handful of serious contenders.
Wrong "world championship" thread
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 am Here we go again....an overly extended borefest of a mix of dreamers and a handful of serious contenders.
That's not until January...you'll have to watch this PDC one first..
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:04 pm
So was I :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Well just seen matt porter on sky news. Incredible amount of beer kegs shown.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Key interest has got to be Rob Cross and Lisa Ashton.

Re ladies: Tony m has said there are some options re the future of ladies darts in the pdc. He seemed excited.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Skewball wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:59 pm
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:19 pm
Skewball wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:58 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
None of that lot deserve to be leader........
Maybe our MP will become PM....
The MOGGster
He's said on multiple occasions he has absolutely no interest in becoming PM. It's there on public record.
For him to go back on his word after previously being so unequivocal would show him up to be a ditherer who doesn't know his own mind, or a duplicitous liar. Either way you would think it would make him unfit for heading up any type of organisation.......... :fishing :fishing
well except that every MP ever always says 'I have not intention on becoming PM' but of course for 'the benefit of the Country' and after being 'persuaded' then it is incumbent on me to....... blah blah blah

as it happens Mogg has indeed always maintained he would not even get in the Cabinet, let alone PM due to his posh accent. Which is not great really but it is very probably true.
no I got it thanks.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:04 pm
So was I :DDD:
I think his :fishing rather gave it away. I just continued it.

Am I really having to defend this. I think its a whoosh back!
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

just putting the suggestion out there - everyone is talking about the bdo on here - and on the eve of the pdc piss on a pavement special - theres to much pdc darts ob tv - people are sick of it - but all us nerds are bdo mad -

robson
ssjsa
International

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by ssjsa »

Mardle's take on Dekker vs Ashton.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

PETER MANLEY looks ahead to the William Hill World Darts Championship and predicts who will lift the Sid Waddell Trophy at Alexandra Palace.

We caught up with three-time World Championship finalist Manley to find out who he thinks will follow in his footsteps in London this week.

Q: Peter, firstly how do you look back on your years competing in the PDC World Championship?

Peter: It is always the most exciting time of the year, every player dreams of becoming a World Champion and only a few make it a reality. I had three chances but came up against the greatest and most successful player every time, Phil Taylor. He always managed to find another gear that nowadays is the norm. The PDC have taken this tournament and made it one of the finest spectacles in the sporting calendar.

Q: Which games are you most looking forward to out of the first and second round ties?

Peter: I'm most looking forward to a potential match on the opening night, with the possibility of World Champion ROB CROSS taking on Dutch young gun JEFFREY DE ZWAAN. Rob has seen a dip in form and Jeffrey is on the prowl so we could potentially see a massive upset.

I’m also looking forward to seeing the ladies back on the world stage, with both LISA ASHTON and ANASTASIA DOBROMYSLOVA set to prove themselves as quality players who are well capable of victory in their opening round matches.

Another potential second round game I will look forward to watching would be between in-form pair JAMES WADE and KRZYSZTOF RATAJSKI if the Polish number one can make it through his opener.

Q: Who should we look out for as a potential dark horse?

Peter: To find a dark horse for this year, you would have to look at the bottom half of the draw, for me it would be either MICHAEL SMITH or MENSUR SULJOVIC.  A player who needs to find some form on the main stage is IAN WHITE, while exciting youngster DIMITRI VAN DEN BERGH gave a good account of himself last year and I would expect him to do the same this time around.

Q: And, most importantly, who will lift The Sid Waddell Trophy?

Peter: World number one MICHAEL VAN GERWEN has probably got the hardest draw and it will be a test of his capabilities throughout every round, but I see GARY ANDERSON winning his quarter and he will meet Michael in the semis. I think Gary will claim his third world title.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN remains the 11/8 favourite with sponsors William Hill to win a third World Darts Championship title.

Darts' biggest-ever event will see 96 players competing from December 13-January 1 for £2.5 million in prize money and the Sid Waddell Trophy, live on Sky Sports.

Van Gerwen is favourite to win a third title, while back-to-back champion Gary Anderson is second favourite but has drifted slightly to 10/3.

World number three Peter Wright has shortened to 10/1 to win a first world crown, Premier League finalist Michael Smith is 14/1 and Rob Cross has also drifted slightly to 22/1 to become a back-to-back champion.

Mensur Suljovic is also 22/1, TV title winners Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price are 33/1, two-time champion Adrian Lewis is 66/1, while Raymond van Barneveld is an 80/1 shot.

William Hill's wide range of odds for the tournament includes markets on the nationality of the eventual champion, odds on the number of nine-dart finishes and 170 checkouts which may be achieved, as well as match odds.

For the latest odds and markets, visit the William Hill website.

William Hill World Darts Championship (Sponsors odds)
11/8 - Michael van Gerwen
10/3 - Gary Anderson
10/1 - Peter Wright
14/1 - Michael Smith
22/1 - Rob Cross, Mensur Suljovic
33/1 - Daryl Gurney, Gerwyn Price
40/1 - James Wade
50/1 - Dimitri van den Bergh
66/1 - Adrian Lewis
80/1 - Jeffrey de Zwaan, Simon Whitlock, Dave Chisnall, Joe Cullen, Raymond van Barneveld
100/1 - Ian White, Jonny Clayton
125/1 - Kyle Anderson, Stephen Bunting
150/1 - Danny Noppert, Jamie Lewis
200/1 - Darren Webster, Jelle Klaasen, Kim Huybrechts, Krzysztof Ratajski, Steve West
250/1 - Max Hopp
300/1 - Mervyn King, Chris Dobey, James Wilson, Robert Thornton
500/1 - Alan Norris, Benito van de Pas, Brendan Dolan, Cristo Reyes, Jan Dekker, Jermaine Wattimena, John Henderson, Josh Payne, Keegan Brown, Luke Humphries, Nathan Aspinall, Richard North, Ricky Evans, Ron Meulenkamp, Ryan Searle, Stephen Burton, Steve Beaton, Steve Lennon, Vincent van der Voort
750/1 - Darius Labanauskas, Gabriel Clemens, Jeff Smith, Ryan Joyce, William O'Connor
1000/1 - Adam Hunt, Aden Kirk, Boris Koltsov, Devon Petersen, Jeffrey de Graaf, Martin Schindler, Matthew Edgar, Michael Barnard, Mickey Mansell, Paul Lim, Paul Nicholson, Ross Smith, Rowby-John Rodriguez, Simon Stevenson, Ted Evetts, Toni Alcinas
1500/1 - Alan Tabern, Daniel Larsson, Wayne Jones
2000/1 - Diogo Portela, Geert Nentjes, Lisa Ashton, Raymond Smith, Royden Lam, Seigo Asada, Yordi Meeuwisse
2500/1 - Anastasia Dobromyslova, Cody Harris, Kevin Burness, Lourence Ilagan, Noel Malicdem, Robert Marijanovic
5000/1 - Chuck Puleo, Craig Ross, James Bailey, Jim Long, Jose de Sousa, Karel Sedlacek, Yuanjun Liu
10000/1 - Nitin Kumar

Selected Specials
Nationality of Winner: 
11/10 - Dutch
2/1 - Scottish
10/3 - English
16/1 - Rest of the World
25/1 - Northern Irish, Welsh
33/1 - Belgian
50/1 - Australian
100/1 - German

Total Nine Dart Finishes:
6/5 - None
6/4 - Exactly One
3/1 - Two or More

William Hill Match Odds
December 13
1/50 Jeffrey de Zwaan v 14/1 Nitin Kumar    
4/7 Martin Schindler v 11/8 Cody Harris    
3/10 Jan Dekker v 5/2 Lisa Ashton

December 14
3/10 Michael Barnard v 5/2 Jose De Sousa    
EVS Alan Tabern v 4/5 Raymond Smith    
2/7 Paul Nicholson v 13/5 Kevin Burness    
1/4 Danny Noppert v 3/1 Royden Lam    
6/5 Simon Stevenson v 4/6 Ted Evetts    
3/10 Chris Dobey v 5/2 Boris Koltsov

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DARTS' biggest-ever event begins on Thursday, with Rob Cross beginning his William Hill World Darts Championship title defence at Alexandra Palace.

A field of 96 players from 28 countries will compete across the Christmas and New Year period live on the dedicated Sky Sports Darts channel, with a record £2.5m prize money on offer.

Cross, who famously defeated Phil Taylor in the final 12 months ago, will take on the winner of the tournament's opening fixture between World Matchplay semi-finalist Jeffrey de Zwaan and Indian Qualifier Nitin Kumar, as he aims to repeat last year's incredible success.

"I've been working hard in practice to make sure I'm ready and I can't wait to get out there," said Cross, who is priced at 22/1 with sponsors William Hill to win back-to-back titles.

"It's the biggest tournament in the world so you've got to be ready.

"I might be a little bit edgy in the first game but I was last year too and it went well for me then, and coming back to Alexandra Palace might bring out the best in me.

"Last year was completely different because there was no pressure on me, but I'm really looking forward to it. I love the set play format."

Reigning Lakeside Women's Champion Ashton will make her Alexandra Palace debut against Dutchman Jan Dekker in another high-profile fixture on the opening night.

"I'm going to enjoy the experience and for me it's great to be playing on the first night so I can get straight into it," said Ashton.

"I've had some great support and a lot of respected people in the game have said nice things about me, but there's also a bit of pressure that comes with that.

"But I'll turn any nerves into positivity and adrenaline that will have a good effect on my game and hopefully I will do ladies' darts proud."

Ashton joined Anastasia Dobromyslova in qualifying for the event, with the Russian ace set to take on Ryan Joyce in her opening tie on Monday December 17.

Thursday's opening night also features the tie between Germany's Martin Schindler and New Zealand's Cody Harris, with the winner progressing to face last year's semi-finalist Jamie Lewis on Friday afternoon.

Two-time World Champion Gary Anderson headlines the second day of action as he meets Paul Nicholson or Kevin Burness, while world number one Michael van Gerwen enters the event on Saturday December 15 where he will play either Alan Tabern or Raymond Smith.

"It feels amazing to win the World Championship title, you work so hard for it all year and it's a phenomenal moment of completion," said two-time World Champion Van Gerwen.

"I've won two but I want to win more and to do that I have to make sure that I'm ready. I know I'll be a big favourite and there will be pressure on me, so I have to perform.

"People always play better against me than other players, maybe because there's no pressure on them so I have to play well and make sure I prepare well."

Former World Championship finalist Peter Wright, Dave Chisnall and the legendary Paul Lim are amongst the stars in action on Sunday December 16.

Five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld begins his penultimate Ally Pally challenge - ahead of his retirement at the end of next year - on Monday December 17 against either Matthew Edgar or Darius Labanauskas.

The second round concludes on Friday December 21, the third round is split either side of the Christmas break, with the fourth round being played on December 27-28 ahead of the quarter-finals across two sessions on December 29.

The semi-finals on Sunday December 30 will be followed on Tuesday January 1 by the final as sport's first World Champion of 2019 hoists the Sid Waddell Trophy.

Tickets for the William Hill World Darts Championship are still available, with very limited availability for some sessions. Group Bookings are still available in the tiered seating areas for the afternoon sessions on December 19 and 20.

Information for tickets and Hospitality Packages can be seen at THIS LINK or CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SEETICKETS WEBSITE.

The William Hill World Darts Championship will be broadcast live on the dedicated Sky Sports Darts channel from December 13-January 1 and worldwide through the PDC's international broadcast partners.

2018/2019 William Hill World Darts Championship
Schedule of Play
Thursday December 13 (1900)
Jeffrey de Zwaan v Nitin Kumar (R1)
Martin Schindler v Cody Harris (R1)
Jan Dekker v Lisa Ashton (R1)
Rob Cross v De Zwaan/Kumar (R2)

Friday December 14
Afternoon Session (1230)
Michael Barnard v Jose De Sousa (R1)
Alan Tabern v Raymond Smith (R1)
Paul Nicholson v Kevin Burness (R1)
Jamie Lewis v Schindler/Harris (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Danny Noppert v Royden Lam (R1)
Simon Stevenson v Ted Evetts (R1)
Chris Dobey v Boris Koltsov (R1)
Gary Anderson v Nicholson/Burness (R2)

Saturday December 15
Afternoon Session (1230)
Richard North v Robert Marijanovic (R1)
Mickey Mansell v Jim Long (R1)
Josh Payne v Jeff Smith (R1)
Max Hopp v Noppert/Lam (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Toni Alcinas v Craig Ross (R1)
Ryan Searle v Stephen Burton (R1)
Keegan Brown v Karel Sedlacek (R1)
Michael van Gerwen v Tabern/Ray Smith (R2)

Sunday December 16
Afternoon Session (1230)
Gabriel Clemens v Aden Kirk (R1)
William O’Connor v Yordi Meeuwisse (R1)
Brendan Dolan v Yuanjun Liu (R1)
Dave Chisnall v Payne/J Smith (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Luke Humphries v Adam Hunt (R1)
Matthew Edgar v Darius Labanauskas (R1)
Ross Smith v Paul Lim (R1)
Peter Wright v Alcinas/Ross (R2)

Monday December 17 (1900)
Vincent van der Voort v Lourence Ilagan (R1)
Wayne Jones v Devon Petersen (R1)
Ryan Joyce v Anastasia Dobromyslova (R1)
Raymond van Barneveld v Edgar/Labanauskas (R2)

Tuesday December 18
Afternoon Session (1230)
Robert Thornton v Daniel Larsson (R1)
Ricky Evans v Rowby-John Rodriguez (R1)
Krzysztof Ratajski v Seigo Asada (R1)
Darren Webster v Van der Voort/Ilagan (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Steve Lennon v James Bailey (R1)
Ron Meulenkamp v Diogo Portela (R1)
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Chuck Puleo (R1)
Daryl Gurney v Ross Smith/Lim (R2)

Wednesday December 19
Afternoon Session (1230)
Nathan Aspinall v Geert Nentjes (R1)
Jeffrey de Graaf v Noel Malicdem (R1)
Joe Cullen v Dolan/Liu (R2)
Kim Huybrechts v Thornton/Larsson (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
James Wilson v O’Connor/Meuwisse (R2)
Simon Whitlock v Joyce/Dobromyslova (R2)
Michael Smith v Meulenkamp/Portela (R2)
James Wade v Ratajski/Asada (R2)

Thursday December 20
Afternoon Session (1230)
Jermaine Wattimena v Barnard/De Sousa (R2)
Alan Norris v Lennon/Bailey (R2)
Stephen Bunting v Humphries/Hunt (R2)
Steve Beaton v Dobey/Koltsov (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Cristo Reyes v Evans/Rodriguez (R2)
Mervyn King v Dekker/Ashton (R2)
Adrian Lewis v Stevenson/Evetts (R2)
Mensur Suljovic v Searle/Burton (R2)

Friday December 21
Afternoon Session (1230)
Benito van de Pas v Mansell/Long (R2)
John Henderson v Clemens/Kirk (R2)
Steve West v North/Marijanovic (R2)
Kyle Anderson v De Graaf/Malicdem (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Ian White v Jones/Petersen (R2)
Jelle Klaasen v Brown/Sedlacek (R2)
Gerwyn Price v Aspinall/Nentjes (R2)
Jonny Clayton v Van den Bergh/Puleo (R2)

Saturday December 22
Afternoon Session (1230)
Whitlock/Joyce/Dobromyslova v Norris/Lennon/Bailey (R3)
Chisnall/Payne/J Smith v Huybrechts/Thornton/Larsson (R3)
Gurney/Ross Smith/Lim v J Lewis/Schindler/Harris (R3)

Evening Session (1900)
Suljovic/Searle/Burton v Wilson/O’Connor/Meeuwisse (R3)
G Anderson/Nicholson/Burness v Wattimena/Barnard/De Sousa (R3)
Van Gerwen/Tabern/Ray Smith v Hopp/Noppert/Lam (R3)

Sunday December 23
Afternoon Session (1230)
Webster/Van der Voort/Ilagan v Beaton/Dobey/Koltsov (R3)
Cullen/Dolan/Liu v King/Dekker/Ashton (R3)
Wade/Ratajski/Asada v Klaasen/Brown/Sedlacek (R3)

Evening Session (1900)
A Lewis/Stevenson/Evetts v Van Barneveld/Edgar/Labanauskas (R3)
Price/Aspinall/Nentjes v K Anderson/De Graaf/Malicdem (R3)
Cross/De Zwaan/Kumar v Reyes/Evans/Rodriguez (R3)

Thursday December 27
Afternoon Session (1230)
White/Jones/Petersen v West/North/Marijanovic (R3)
Clayton/Van den Bergh/Puleo v Bunting/Humphries/Hunt (R3)
M Smith/Meulenkamp/Portela v Henderson/Clemens/Kirk (R3)

Evening Session (1900)
Wright/Alcinas/Ross v Van de Pas/Mansell/Long (R3)
Fourth Round x2

Friday December 28
Afternoon Session (1230)
Fourth Round x3

Evening Session (1900)
Fourth Round x3

Saturday December 29
Afternoon Session (1230)
Quarter-Finals x2

Evening Session (1900)
Quarter-Finals x2

Sunday December 30 (1900)
Semi-Finals

Tuesday January 1 (2000)
Final

Format
First Round - Best of five sets (no tie-break)
Second Round - Best of five sets
Third Round - Best of seven sets
Fourth Round - Best of seven sets
Quarter-Finals - Best of nine sets
Semi-Finals - Best of 11 sets
Final - Best of 13 sets
A tie-break will be in operation in all round from the second round onwards, where the final set must be won by two clear legs. If the score reaches five-all, the 11th leg will be a sudden-death leg.

Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

Can't wait. The most wonderful time of the year starts tomorrow.
To survive, is to be victorious!
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Thought the darts show was excellent tonight.

Behind the scenes of the pda play offs. The look of despair on Burnett face when he lost his board final!

also ladies event. Lorraine winstanly in tears hen she lost. interestingly Nicholson mentioned time for a revolution in ladies darts like what happened for the men in the 90's. Something is afoot folks.

Roll on tomorrow.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Absolute Radio even mentioned this was starting today in their very brief sports roundup at the top of the hour. Are Talksport covering sessions of it?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:41 am Absolute Radio even mentioned this was starting today in their very brief sports roundup at the top of the hour. Are Talksport covering sessions of it?
Yes. Not sure how much but Chris Mason has mentioned they are
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Devosteve has a boner
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Vriezzer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 pm Can't wait. The most wonderful time of the year starts tomorrow.

Wrong thread :)
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

no build for this - just dont care - lasts to long - to much hype - too many yobs -

robson
County Player

Post by 1205 »

devosteve wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 pm Thought the darts show was excellent tonight.

Behind the scenes of the pda play offs. The look of despair on Burnett face when he lost his board final!

also ladies event. Lorraine winstanly in tears hen she lost. interestingly Nicholson mentioned time for a revolution in ladies darts like what happened for the men in the 90's. Something is afoot folks.

Roll on tomorrow.
Nicholson's said other supportive things. I wouldn't read anything more into it.