Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
1205
Steady Sixties
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by 1205 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:46 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm
devosteve wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Not sure. Folks have said he has said no ladies tour. I might be wrong but didn't he just say "incorrect" to someone else's post/tweet?

This sounds like when folks thought the two women qualifiers wouldn't be able to play at Lakeside also...

Richie Byrne
‏ @rbyrne180
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is a ladies PDC too much, just a query.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No barriers. All about ability. One game. All welcome.


Mick Gallagher
‏ @MickGallagher18
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is the PDC. Finally having a Women’s World Darts Championship. ????
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No. We are an open sport. All about ability.

So he didn't literally tweet "no tour", but the open sport, all about ability makes it pretty clear what he thinks.
Of course, if somebody wanted to throw a few million their way to do it, I'm sure he'd change his mind.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6470
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by phil davies » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:48 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 pm
Ana and Lisa have a great chance, not that they didn’t anyway but good draws for both.
Lisa has a great chance of winning two games with King not playing well and Dekker very unpredictable. Ana has almost zero chance of beating Joyce and if she does Whitlock will destroy her.

Third section looks very good Mensur and Smith.

Top section is horrible to try to predict so many good players in it. Wouldn’t surprise me if Paul Lim sent Gurney out too. Wade also may go first round Ratty and Asada both excellent players.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
BOOM
Pub Champion
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:46 am

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by BOOM » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Big chance for someone in the bottom half to make their first final - Cross doesn't look likely to me, maybe Wright can step up his game.

Dannyboy
International
Posts: 8696
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Dannyboy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Just me thinking that with a few exceptions that R1 draw is a bit of a tough sell? Still think it should’ve been an open draw.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6470
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by phil davies » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Dannyboy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:00 pm
Just me thinking that with a few exceptions that R1 draw is a bit of a tough sell? Still think it should’ve been an open draw.
Plenty of potentially close and high quality games.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

mik252
Steady Sixties
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by mik252 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Think Van der Voort v Ilagan and Schindler v Harris are two of the more intriguing first round ties.

Wade v either Ratajski or Asada and a potential Clayton/van den Bergh clash two of the better second round ties.

only85
Pub Champion
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Location: rzeszow polska

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by only85 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:16 pm

devosteve wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:52 pm
What would that be then Devosteve
Not sure. Folks have said he has said no ladies tour. I might be wrong but didn't he just say "incorrect" to someone else's post/tweet?

The positive response to these 2 ladies and how pdc /sky have promoted it suggests something is being considered.

On the yellow bar on sky sports news at the moment tells us that sky are showing every game at next year's netball world cup. Interest continues in women's sport.

maybe a couple of events (with finals played at major pdc events)?

Some kind of tour that leads to place at ally pally (rather than their own world championships)?
Did the netball say in conjunction with matchroom sports !

foggs3355
International
Posts: 6844
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by foggs3355 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:25 pm

I think Lisa god good chance to win Anna might run it close they could have had worse draws

DavidB
County Player
Posts: 4442
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by DavidB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:46 pm

phil davies wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:48 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 pm
Ana and Lisa have a great chance, not that they didn’t anyway but good draws for both.
Lisa has a great chance of winning two games with King not playing well and Dekker very unpredictable. Ana has almost zero chance of beating Joyce and if she does Whitlock will destroy her.

Third section looks very good Mensur and Smith.

Top section is horrible to try to predict so many good players in it. Wouldn’t surprise me if Paul Lim sent Gurney out too. Wade also may go first round Ratty and Asada both excellent players.

What, the same Gurney who just won a tv major?? You don’t * like/rate him do you??

* Delete as applicable

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6470
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by phil davies » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:18 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:46 pm
phil davies wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:48 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 pm
Ana and Lisa have a great chance, not that they didn’t anyway but good draws for both.
Lisa has a great chance of winning two games with King not playing well and Dekker very unpredictable. Ana has almost zero chance of beating Joyce and if she does Whitlock will destroy her.

Third section looks very good Mensur and Smith.

Top section is horrible to try to predict so many good players in it. Wouldn’t surprise me if Paul Lim sent Gurney out too. Wade also may go first round Ratty and Asada both excellent players.

What, the same Gurney who just won a tv major?? You don’t * like/rate him do you??

* Delete as applicable
Winning a major has very little to do with how you play in the next one. Lim is a very good player who plays well on the big stage.

Have nothing against Gurney seems a nice chap in interviews. Not the biggest fan of watching him as I don’t like his throw.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by The Jolly Man » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:43 pm

1205 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:46 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm
devosteve wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Not sure. Folks have said he has said no ladies tour. I might be wrong but didn't he just say "incorrect" to someone else's post/tweet?

This sounds like when folks thought the two women qualifiers wouldn't be able to play at Lakeside also...

Richie Byrne
‏ @rbyrne180
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is a ladies PDC too much, just a query.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No barriers. All about ability. One game. All welcome.


Mick Gallagher
‏ @MickGallagher18
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is the PDC. Finally having a Women’s World Darts Championship. ????
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No. We are an open sport. All about ability.

So he didn't literally tweet "no tour", but the open sport, all about ability makes it pretty clear what he thinks.
Of course, if somebody wanted to throw a few million their way to do it, I'm sure he'd change his mind.
I don’t think the ladies will get a tour at the same level as the pro tour which leads to stand alone tv events, they may however get a tour at the same level at the challenge Tour or development. In turn it would dwarf the BDO tour.

On the back of that they could end up with spots at the uk open, q-school and the 2 spots to the Worlds would remain.

Baswai
Feather Flights
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Baswai » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Peter Wright should easily reach quarter final or even semi final with this draw. Furthermore I really hope De Zwaan can surprise against Cross if he wins his first round.

Looking to forward to see if Barney can continue his incredible World championship record lately in this extremely though quarter. Also some exciting first round matches in this quarter with decent in-form players.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by ssjsa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 pm

The Jolly Man wrote:
1205 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:46 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm
devosteve wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Not sure. Folks have said he has said no ladies tour. I might be wrong but didn't he just say "incorrect" to someone else's post/tweet?

This sounds like when folks thought the two women qualifiers wouldn't be able to play at Lakeside also...

Richie Byrne
‏ @rbyrne180
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is a ladies PDC too much, just a query.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No barriers. All about ability. One game. All welcome.


Mick Gallagher
‏ @MickGallagher18
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is the PDC. Finally having a Women’s World Darts Championship. ????
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No. We are an open sport. All about ability.

So he didn't literally tweet "no tour", but the open sport, all about ability makes it pretty clear what he thinks.
Of course, if somebody wanted to throw a few million their way to do it, I'm sure he'd change his mind.
I don’t think the ladies will get a tour at the same level as the pro tour which leads to stand alone tv events, they may however get a tour at the same level at the challenge Tour or development. In turn it would dwarf the BDO tour.

On the back of that they could end up with spots at the uk open, q-school and the 2 spots to the Worlds would remain.
They won’t ever get a tour same as the pro tour Barry wants that to be open

I think the only way they could do anything is a ladies tour alongside the development tour

20 tournaments across 5 weekends
Top gets a tour card and worlds place
Tournament for the other place for people who played in events
Top 8 or 16 get school entry
Every one free to play challenge tour as well like development people are.



DavidB
County Player
Posts: 4442
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by DavidB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm


Interesting, so Trina Gulliver will be part of Sky Sports commentary/studio team during Ally Pally??

DavidB
County Player
Posts: 4442
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by DavidB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm

When was the last time if ever the defending PDC World Champion went out on the first day??

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm

DavidB wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm


Interesting, so Trina Gulliver will be part of Sky Sports commentary/studio team during Ally Pally??
I get they wanted a women but picking the one big person who didn’t go to the qualifiers after Hearn complained at people for not entering seems odd

Could have picked Deta who has history in doing a bit of comms or even one of the younger players

DavidB
County Player
Posts: 4442
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by DavidB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm
DavidB wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm


Interesting, so Trina Gulliver will be part of Sky Sports commentary/studio team during Ally Pally??
I get they wanted a women but picking the one big person who didn’t go to the qualifiers after Hearn complained at people for not entering seems odd

Could have picked Deta who has history in doing a bit of comms or even one of the younger players


Yes Deta would have been ideal.

Isn’t Trina sponsored by Finder? Perhaps she would have gone had she not been obliged to go to Italy...

foggs3355
International
Posts: 6844
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by foggs3355 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:54 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm
When was the last time if ever the defending PDC World Champion went out on the first day??
John part to bill Davis in 2009 I think

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm
DavidB wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm


Interesting, so Trina Gulliver will be part of Sky Sports commentary/studio team during Ally Pally??
I get they wanted a women but picking the one big person who didn’t go to the qualifiers after Hearn complained at people for not entering seems odd

Could have picked Deta who has history in doing a bit of comms or even one of the younger players
Another option would have perhaps been one of the younger ladies top players that attended to give their insight into the ladies side of the game and promote the ladies game...Fallon or Casey perhaps?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”