You can attack the BDO but England is off limits!

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: You can attack the BDO but England is off limits!

Post by ChrisW »

I'm a member don't post on it much. But not seen stuff being deleted because it didn't suit the admin. Offensive stuff yes. Same as here.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: You can attack the BDO but England is off limits!

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So Paddy (Along with your other Admins), with a lot of your "members" using derogative terms of disabled people and you not censoring or deleting them, can I assume that you're tolerant to this behaviour? And what do your disabled members think of this?
Here we go again, not a lot, just one or two. The beauty of it being on Facebook is that almost all our members post under their real profiles and each individual can be held responsible for what they post. I personally do not like to see members using certain swear words or derogatory terms and have warned and removed such in the past, however awkward questions and views are not removed or censored.
Removed? I thought the 'the logs' said nothing had been removed.......
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So Paddy (Along with your other Admins), with a lot of your "members" using derogative terms of disabled people and you not censoring or deleting them, can I assume that you're tolerant to this behaviour? And what do your disabled members think of this?
Here we go again, not a lot, just one or two. The beauty of it being on Facebook is that almost all our members post under their real profiles and each individual can be held responsible for what they post. I personally do not like to see members using certain swear words or derogatory terms and have warned and removed such in the past, however awkward questions and views are not removed or censored.
FFS....what's wrong with you people, I was responding to Nicks accusations that Paul was only posting on TRBDOF because he could "control" the comments deleting ones that he felt attacking or awkward. I checked the logs for the last 6 months and Paul had not removed anything. You read there yourself have you ever seen anything go missing?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: You can attack the BDO but England is off limits!

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
FFS....what's wrong with you people, I was responding to Nicks accusations that Paul was only posting on TRBDOF because he could "control" the comments deleting ones that he felt attacking or awkward. I checked the logs for the last 6 months and Paul had not removed anything. You read there yourself have you ever seen anything go missing?
Too easy.

I could not give a shit either way , sorry!
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:Let me guess who wrote the above: our departed forum friend? :D

They are missing us dearly, they keep talking about us. Very touching, if not a little obsessive.
You're talking about them, you maroon!
UKDA 4 Life
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Real fanatics is a darting cornucopia. A melting of ideas, preferences and opinions.

Don't be jealous TSOD. It's very unbecoming of you
UKDA 4 Life
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Another day another EDO official criticising the BDO.

Tommy Thompson
As we approached what could be described as Armageddon for the BDO in August, and listening to various views around the forums and at the England events, people have to make their minds up not just what they want but how to achieve it.

I would be the first to say how badly run the BDO has been over the past few years, it seems some of the directors personal standing means more than the actual organisation, bad and I mean really bad financial choices have been made which has only helped to make the stock of the company plummet to depths it has never managed to do in over 40 years.

I am old enough to have witnessed the demise of the NDAGB, where the BDO literally over-ran them to put them out of business, the same is happening once again but to the BDO. The only difference is that the NDAGB, had really no infrastructure whereas the BDO has. The problem is the BDO have not invested into the infrastructure for many years, to a point where it is becoming an irrelevance for many players.

All this said does darts need only organisation with one person, dictating the rules and qualification criteria, one person controlling all TV Darts, one person controlling the media, the sponsors, irrespective of who that person is, surely that is a scary situation to want, there has got to be competition, within the market place. Again I would be the first to say that we (The BDO side of Darts) have not stepped up to the mark, whilst I think England has done a good job, trying to bring alternative darts and quality darts to the table, along with decent prize monies, and a good standard of presentation, nevertheless the ongoing refusal of the BDO to listen or deal with any of what it should call its allies, has dragged us all down, including themselves.

I personally think that unless we are able after the AGM, to re-invent ourselves, much like “New Labour” did, there is no hope at all, on this steady and obvious decline. Furthermore you cannot re-invent yourselves with the same board of directors, if I had been responsible for this mess I would have fallen on my sword.

There are some extremely good, dedicated and experienced people within the BDO and it’s associated national bodies, it is time that they were supported by the members and each other. There are things we can do to lift the credibility of our darts, we have a massive base to work with, perhaps as I have been suggesting or attempting to suggest, we should nurture this whilst we still can. The alternative is complete autocracy.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

It’s Armageddon again!

Haven’t we heard this shit from tommy before!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I assume Paul and Paddy will be deleting the above, unwarranted attack on the BDO from their TSoD Discussion FB page?
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Does he really not understand that the competition in the marketplace isn't PDC vs BDO vs EDO vs etc. now, but rather darts vs all other non-global sports? TT is obsessed with providing an "alternative", but alternatives are only needed when the market leader isn't up to the task of progressing the industry (as the BDO wasn't when the WDC was created), or is unable/unwilling to serve a certain section of the market. The EDO doesn't offer anything that the PDC isn't already doing much better.
Last edited by Zeyes on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

TheSandman wrote:

Tommy Thompson

All this said does darts need only organisation with one person, dictating the rules and qualification criteria, one person controlling all TV Darts, one person controlling the media, the sponsors, irrespective of who that person is, surely that is a scary situation to want, there has got to be competition, within the market place. Again I would be the first to say that we (The BDO side of Darts) have not stepped up to the mark, whilst I think England has done a good job, trying to bring alternative darts and quality darts to the table, along with decent prize monies, and a good standard of presentation, nevertheless the ongoing refusal of the BDO to listen or deal with any of what it should call its allies, has dragged us all down, including themselves.

I
Why should there be the need for any competition anymore. If they just kept to running individual opens then the players can decide.

As said before ,if there was only one organisation the people who want to qualify for the Lakeside would obviously try and qualify for Ally Pally, most of the people "making the numbers up" on the tour and have no way of getting to AP are free to play the local opens and other such tournaments.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

When TT says there needs to be competition, why? Snooker doesn't, tennis doesn't, golf has geographically based tours, but no overlap.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Why does darts need more than one major organiser? Many sports run from one organisation calling the shots etc. Granted there are some out there with more than one tour but even then they are often working at least alongside each other if not with each other.

I can't believe that TT writes something saying he thinks the EDO have done a good job. They are still pretty much doing the same thing they were several years ago. How can he write the first few paragraphs openly slating the BDO and then expect a future after August. Everything he is saying now is out in the public domain. The sponsors the media the tv can all see this and will be able to find it. Last thing they will wasn't to see is people who run these organisation linked to the bdo openly attacking them. Will they want their names and brands linked to it if something else goes on and TT or other starts bad mouthing them.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Jolly Man wrote:Why does darts need more than one major organiser? Many sports run from one organisation calling the shots etc. Granted there are some out there with more than one tour but even then they are often working at least alongside each other if not with each other.

I can't believe that TT writes something saying he thinks the EDO have done a good job. They are still pretty much doing the same thing they were several years ago. How can he write the first few paragraphs openly slating the BDO and then expect a future after August. Everything he is saying now is out in the public domain. The sponsors the media the tv can all see this and will be able to find it. Last thing they will wasn't to see is people who run these organisation linked to the bdo openly attacking them. Will they want their names and brands linked to it if something else goes on and TT or other starts bad mouthing them.
It does seem that they are all more interested in their petty squabbles than the future of the BDO, this is why nothing will change come August.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

All the above points are correct. It is not an alternative that the BDO can and should be trying to achieve but rather a complimentary Amateur system that devlopls players and keeps them playing Opens and County until they feel ready to try for the Pro Tour. Their alternative system shoudl be vs the Challenge tour and soon they will lose that battle as well.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:All the above points are correct. It is not an alternative that the BDO can and should be trying to achieve but rather a complimentary Amateur system that devlopls players and keeps them playing Opens and County until they feel ready to try for the Pro Tour. Their alternative system shoudl be vs the Challenge tour and soon they will lose that battle as well.
I agree, the devloplmnt of players shoudl come first :grin:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:All the above points are correct. It is not an alternative that the BDO can and should be trying to achieve but rather a complimentary Amateur system that devlopls players and keeps them playing Opens and County until they feel ready to try for the Pro Tour. Their alternative system shoudl be vs the Challenge tour and soon they will lose that battle as well.
I agree, the devloplmnt of players shoudl come first :grin:
fat fingers in a rush!!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

TheSandman wrote:Another day another EDO official criticising the BDO.

Tommy Thompson
As we approached what could be described as Armageddon for the BDO in August, and listening to various views around the forums and at the England events, people have to make their minds up not just what they want but how to achieve it.

I would be the first to say how badly run the BDO has been over the past few years, it seems some of the directors personal standing means more than the actual organisation, bad and I mean really bad financial choices have been made which has only helped to make the stock of the company plummet to depths it has never managed to do in over 40 years.

I am old enough to have witnessed the demise of the NDAGB, where the BDO literally over-ran them to put them out of business, the same is happening once again but to the BDO. The only difference is that the NDAGB, had really no infrastructure whereas the BDO has. The problem is the BDO have not invested into the infrastructure for many years, to a point where it is becoming an irrelevance for many players.

I personally think that unless we are able after the AGM, to re-invent ourselves, much like “New Labour” did, there is no hope at all, on this steady and obvious decline. Furthermore you cannot re-invent yourselves with the same board of directors, if I had been responsible for this mess I would have fallen on my sword.
There are some extremely good, dedicated and experienced people within the BDO and it’s associated national bodies, it is time that they were supported by the members and each other. There are things we can do to lift the credibility of our darts, we have a massive base to work with, perhaps as I have been suggesting or attempting to suggest, we should nurture this whilst we still can. The alternative is complete autocracy.
Think whilst this view is a valid one, it is a cheek coming from Tommy when rather than fall on his sword for presiding over the debacle of no England team at the Japan World Cup (The prime function of the EDO), both TT and Paul defended this complete fiscal incompetence as a good decision .

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Staggering hypocrisy once again from Tommy T, what's the point of his latest attack on the BDO other than just shit stirring before the AGM. Do I detect a snide swipe at Des Jacklin in there too, is their new found friendship on the rocks already. ;-)