Olly Croft's son not happy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
London Eye
The Ton Club

Re: Olly Croft's son not happy

Post by London Eye »

ChrisW wrote:Seems that London Eye, a previously banned member (three times) is being allowed to dictate the direction of discussion on the forum.
U ok hun x
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:The reason people are not posting on PDC threads in my opinion is the forum has become a batterring ram for the BDO.
It is a shame. But as you see today nobody posting on the PDC threads.
Of course it has, even a blind man can see that. There are still some excellent posters here but they are rarely seen now above the "gang" who dominate nearly every thread.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

nikkiboy wrote:The problem is there's nothing really to discuss PDC wise, all tournaments have had their dates and venues announced and we know for certain that ally pally will take place and will be on sky, a civil war has not broken out and no officials have questioned the motives and ability of the PDC board.
Surely most folk would agree with this. The PDC is, generally, run so smoothly. Plenty of notice as to venues, dates, prize fund.

When (most) televised comps are running you get discussion about the darts itself. But otherwise there is not much to say.

The fuel for the so called anti bdo comments on here isn't coming from key board warriors but is provided by the bdo!

Lack of communication, lack of promotion, poor ticket sales, no venue sorted yet for the winmau, the loss of thousands of pounds, the in fighting, the new era fiasco, no TV confirmed for lakeside yet, lack of sponsors etc.

TSOD are not responsible for any of the above!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

What would "BDO fans" have left if they didn't have "anti-BDO" comments to get outraged over? They clearly don't have much to offer in the way of original or insightful commentary on darts, otherwise they wouldn't have made the dumb decision to style themselves as BDO defenders in the first place.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Zeyes wrote:What would "BDO fans" have left if they didn't have "anti-BDO" comments to get outraged over? They clearly don't have much to offer in the way of original or insightful commentary on darts, otherwise they wouldn't have made the dumb decision to style themselves as BDO defenders in the first place.
They could always buy tickets and go to their events to show support.

Or hell, even turn the TV to the channel that is showing one of their events.

but nope, they would rather moan its everyone elses fault and write about how everyone on here is a hater.

Theres more posts on BDOF on the thread complaining about this place then there is people who bought a ticket to the WDT.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside, the dates for the rugby are out and Round 5 of the main European rugby competition, of which Channel 4 now have the rights to show one match per round from, is scheduled for 11/12/13 January 2019: the weekend of the Lakeside final. Feasible they could show both events I guess.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Seems that London Eye, a previously banned member (three times) is being allowed to dictate the direction of discussion on the forum.
If indeed it is a post from Olly's son do you not think that it warrants discussion?
Chris either refuses to accept this or simply cannot see the truth as he seems blinded by hatred and has adopted the Pauleyboy victim complex where highlighting the obvious flaws in the bdo, edo, wdt, etc is seen as some sort of personal attack.

What else was chris expecting in a darts gossip thread on a darts forum ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The post that LE starts this thread with is from Real BDO Fanatics where Olly Jr posted it himself (seen the screenshot) so the 'offending' topic so how the hell is it the fault of here that someone posted it? Surely it's either the fault of Olly Jr or RBDOF as they are the ones who made/allowed the post on there.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Olly Croft's son not happy

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

BlueSpark wrote:Having had multiple accounts banned by differing members of the mods, he can't help himself but open a new account from a different IP address.
Yes there's some posts that get edited and once abusive knows he will get a ban, but he adds some salient points now and again.
I will not quash opinions, only abusive content.
There's always the ignore button.
Why do the majority of my posts get lumped in the bickering thread?

If you're not doing it perhaps we should be appealing for consistency amongst the moderators?
UKDA 4 Life
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Having had multiple accounts banned by differing members of the mods, he can't help himself but open a new account from a different IP address.
Yes there's some posts that get edited and once abusive knows he will get a ban, but he adds some salient points now and again.
I will not quash opinions, only abusive content.
There's always the ignore button.
Why do the majority of my posts get lumped in the bickering thread?

If you're not doing it perhaps we should be appealing for consistency amongst the moderators?
No idea mate, unless I have moved them. Which I don't believe I have.
Don't even know they are there tbh, rarely look in it.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Sorry I don’t normally sound but here I go !!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to remove the Williams ,, like someone has already said the people voted them on to make the BDO better ????? All iv seen for the last 8 years is that they have had a jolly up on the over 1 million £ in assets and running the bank account down ??? It took 40 years to build up the money and a office building that DAD brought and gave to the BDO when they could afford to pay him back at the same price he paid for it ,,,, ???? !!!!!! The NEW so called BDO directors Flying all over the world on the BDO credit card , THE Directors flying to America to see how they run a darts tournament??? DAD / BDO set all the rules for the world and WDF to play under one rule??? Come on if that’s not taking the piss sorry ,, I’m sure they have topped up their air miles ,,, it’s the darts players money and Organisation !!!! In all fairness PDC and all Darts players from BDO and PDC have shown more respect for OLLY CROFT ‘OBE’ yes OBE from the queen for his hard work and dedication to the sport of DARTs Dad and the family can hold our heads up High"

Still not happy.

Does he make good points
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

It's a good thread..it should have been created by somebody.....Chris W doesn't half moan...
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

trotter wrote:It's a good thread..it should have been created by somebody.....Chris W doesn't half moan...
There's load of debate about this on Real Fanatics today .
Chris more interested in stifling debate on here just because he doesn't like the OP
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote:Sorry I don’t normally sound but here I go !!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to remove the Williams ,, like someone has already said the people voted them on to make the BDO better ????? All iv seen for the last 8 years is that they have had a jolly up on the over 1 million £ in assets and running the bank account down ??? It took 40 years to build up the money and a office building that DAD brought and gave to the BDO when they could afford to pay him back at the same price he paid for it ,,,, ???? !!!!!! The NEW so called BDO directors Flying all over the world on the BDO credit card , THE Directors flying to America to see how they run a darts tournament??? DAD / BDO set all the rules for the world and WDF to play under one rule??? Come on if that’s not taking the piss sorry ,, I’m sure they have topped up their air miles ,,, it’s the darts players money and Organisation !!!! In all fairness PDC and all Darts players from BDO and PDC have shown more respect for OLLY CROFT ‘OBE’ yes OBE from the queen for his hard work and dedication to the sport of DARTs Dad and the family can hold our heads up High"

Still not happy.

Does he make good points
Has this lad been in a coma or something? Has his knight just come along and given this sleeping beauty a kiss?

He is saying what places like this have said for a long time. I just can't believe it's taken the Croft family until 2 months before the Williams leave to say this.

Out of interest how do the finances differ from when Croft was in charge to now?
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Oliver Jr doesn't half have some brass neck on him, he lived above the BDO offices in a flat rent free for long enough, paid for by the counties I might add. His old man didn't do too badly either on his big salary and daughter on the payroll running around in a Rolls Royce while the sport was stagnating and the professional players barely scraping a living. Brown envelopes where the name of the game and sod anyone who questioned him, after all in his own words " he didn't owe the players a living"

Darts time where it is today in spite of Olly Croft, not because of him. Darts is where it is today because of the PDC and the players who had the backbone to stand against the dictator who ran the game into the ground whilst lining his own pockets. In any case, it was Dave Alderman who ran the BDO not Olly who lets face it couldn't run a bath.

Yes the counties are to blame for installing the Williams and failing time and time again to remove them, they have finally got round to it and are about to appoint an even worse chairman. The BDO deserves everything that comes to it and I for one will be glad to sit it collapse. I only hope something decent rises out of the ashes but I won't hold my breath.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Zzzz
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Did they really ban him from Lakeside? If so, why?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

markymark wrote:Did they really ban him from Lakeside? If so, why?
It would be a really petty and nasty thing to do so it's probably true :)

Very poor form if it is true.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Olly Croft's son not happy

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:
trotter wrote:It's a good thread..it should have been created by somebody.....Chris W doesn't half moan...
There's load of debate about this on Real Fanatics today .
Chris more interested in stifling debate on here just because he doesn't like the OP
Debate suggests a it's a two-way street.

No even playing field to be found here.
UKDA 4 Life
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

No siree
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"