BDO Gold Cup Draws

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO Gold Cup Draws

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Ah I remember the Stuart Bingham tweet. Something along the lines of "we've both won the Welsh Open now". Given his recent success in the Gold Cup we should probably be thankful he hasn't tried tweeting Native River
:D
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Re: BDO Gold Cup Draws

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote:"Castle Bar", according the the BDO website.

The best ‘pub’ team (term used loosely) in the UK perhaps even the world?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidB wrote:

Well , if they all played together apart from the Gold Cup maybe...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewy, you suggesting they are a bunch of "ringers" who only got together to play in this event?
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Skewball wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Well , if they all played together apart from the Gold Cup maybe...

Isn’t the Castle Bar a Yorkshire superleague team, the very same?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Possible they may have brought in some, ahem, "outside help" on this occasion, maybe that is what Skewy is referring to. I am sure he will clarify.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Oh dear.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:Possible they may have brought in some, ahem, "outside help" on this occasion, maybe that is what Skewy is referring to. I am sure he will clarify.
Scandalous if true and goes against the ethos of what the Champion of Champions competition is all about. They should be banned.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

London Eye wrote:
Ginge wrote:Possible they may have brought in some, ahem, "outside help" on this occasion, maybe that is what Skewy is referring to. I am sure he will clarify.
Scandalous if true and goes against the ethos of what the Champion of Champions competition is all about. They should be banned.
I have no idea if it is true or not, Skewball is clearly suggesting it though.

Skewy! Come back and explain yourself!
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:
London Eye wrote:
I have no idea if it is true or not, Skewball is clearly suggesting it though.

Skewy! Come back and explain yourself!
If Skewy proves they played ringers then the BDO should demand the prizemoney back.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Well I know 3 people in that picture that doesn’t play for them, 2 only do challenge tour
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So are you confirming that they used ringers, Zapp?
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Well I know 3 people in that picture that doesn’t play for them, 2 only do challenge tour
Well then they should be disqualified, banned and be forced to return the prizemoney. The team they beat in the final should be crowned champions. The BDO are a disgrace for allowing this to happen.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:So are you confirming that they used ringers, Zapp?
If they don't play for the team what else can you describe them as.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont ... -rules.pdf

Actually nowt in the rules LE about them having to be "regular" players for the team as far as I can see, the only stipulation is they have to be Super League registered which they easily could have done beforehand for the purposes of the comp.

So if they did use "ringers" it isnt actually against the rules provided they were properly registered, probably not in the spirit of the rules and the competition but thats a totally different matter.
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont ... -rules.pdf

Actually nowt in the rules LE about them having to be "regular" players for the team as far as I can see, the only stipulation is they have to be Super League registered which they easily could have done beforehand for the purposes of the comp.

So if they did use "ringers" it isnt actually against the rules provided they were properly registered, probably not in the spirit of the rules and the competition but thats a totally different matter.
Well the rules are a joke then. This is supposed to be the Champion of Champions, each counties super league winners playing off against each other. If a team is just going to register players who have not played in the team then they are winning by default. In the rules or not, it is cheating in my book and the Yorkshire "team" ( I use the term loosely) are a disgrace to the sport of darts.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It does beggar belief that the rules dont actually state each player must have played X (or X% of) matches for that team in the previous season, or something along those lines.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

blimey, its kicked off here.

I was playing in the Champions Cup last year and all the talk is that they do it every year. Most are signed on and will have played some of course but the word on the street is that yes, they do effectively get ringers in who have not signed on for another Yorkshire Superleague team. Lots of teams/Counties do it with one or two players so its not that big a deal. The only rule is that they are not signed on/played for another Superleague team.
Some Counties don't even have a team based Superleague and have a singles league and so just pick the best from that.
We picked our 9 from all our regular players, otherwise how would have I got in lol
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Skewball wrote:blimey, its kicked off here.

I was playing in the Champions Cup last year and all the talk is that they do it every year. Most are signed on and will have played some of course but the word on the street is that yes, they do effectively get ringers in who have not signed on for another Yorkshire Superleague team. Lots of teams/Counties do it with one or two players so its not that big a deal. The only rule is that they are not signed on/played for another Superleague team.
Some Counties don't even have a team based Superleague and have a singles league and so just pick the best from that.
We picked our 9 from all our regular players, otherwise how would have I got in lol
So we have gone from out and out ringers to most have signed on and played games? Are you making things up to be controversial? Unless you can name the players who have not played a game all season you should not throw wild accusations about.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

London Eye wrote:
Skewball wrote:blimey, its kicked off here.

So we have gone from out and out ringers to most have signed on and played games? Are you making things up to be controversial? Unless you can name the players who have not played a game all season you should not throw wild accusations about.
I think it was you not Skewball.