New BDO chairman

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
London Eye
The Ton Club

Re: New BDO chairman

Post by London Eye »

It is quite clear that the outgoing BDO directors are sinking the ship before they sail off into the sunset in their lifeboat. They are taking revenge on Des Jacklin for forcing them out, even Barry Hearn and the PDC would struggle to turn things round from this position. In the meantime Tommy T has written to the BDO

Tommy Thompson
I wrote to the BDO last week asking questions
Due to the continued uncertainty within BDO darts which is now having a direct influence on England Darts negotiations for their events we would like the following to be clarified, on a yes/no answer.

1) Is there a definite venue and date for the 2018 Winmau World Masters.
2) Is there enough sponsorship in place for the Masters to at least breakeven.
3) Is there TV in place for the 2018 Winmau World Masters.
4) Have contracts been exchanged for the 2019 World Championships for
a) Venue
b) Prize Funds
c) Coverage by a major broadcaster
5) Can you confirm that there will be a 2019 World Championships.

All of the above will have a direct consequence for our International players, member Counties and for England, the renewal of our events that feature in the BDO Invitational table.

It is quite clear that the collapse of these events in any shape or form will have massive and immediate repercussions for all the countries, yet the silence and uncertainty continues, currently nobody can book arrangements either U.K based players or players potentially attending from abroad. This is a matter of immediate response.

I was told that there would be a board meeting after the Gold Cup and answers to my enquiries would be forthcoming.

No answers again.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

October is a long way off.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

The BDO is imploding before our very eyes.
But he needs to.
And then it can rise again in a new form, with a new name and focus on the real grass roots of Darts from the Pub to County. Make County relevant and interesting again.
So many opportunities.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Think Des has finally woken up and realised that being in bed with Tommy will cost him votes rather than gain them :grin:
Next few weeks should be fun. Unlucky Des, but it's ok, you never had any intention of taking over the BDO anyway.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

London Eye wrote:Think Des has finally woken up and realised that being in bed with Tommy will cost him votes rather than gain them :grin:
Next few weeks should be fun. Unlucky Des, but it's ok, you never had any intention of taking over the BDO anyway.
I want him to take over so he can bring in his 15 Directors ! :MAD: :omg:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

He couldn't direct a seagull to the coast.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

I would find a way to forcibly remove the Williams from office ASAP, due to destroying the business. I'd also make sure that a full audit and a full expense investigation( i'e keep dragging them back for more and more enquiries) and then hand it over to the relevant authorities for prosecution.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

"Due to the continued uncertainty within BDO darts which is now having a direct influence on England Darts negotiations"

What a load of bollox from Tommy, just pure shit stirring on his part and sums him up for what he is.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

If you always do what you did, you'll always get what you got. (Apart from you'll actually get less as the BDO have lost any decent TV contract and the vast majority of the best players in the world.)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote:"Due to the continued uncertainty within BDO darts which is now having a direct influence on England Darts negotiations"

What a load of bollox from Tommy, just pure shit stirring on his part and sums him up for what he is.
Makes perfect sense to me, if the top of your side of darts (BDO) is giving away sponsor packages for free and paying for TV coverage then what chance does the EDO have of getting decent money for sponsorship and TV?

Put your hatred of long haired men aside for a moment and look at it objectively.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

nikkiboy wrote:
London Eye wrote:"Due to the continued uncertainty within BDO darts which is now having a direct influence on England Darts negotiations"

Makes perfect sense to me, if the top of your side of darts (BDO) is giving away sponsor packages for free and paying for TV coverage then what chance does the EDO have of getting decent money for sponsorship and TV?

Put your hatred of long haired men aside for a moment and look at it objectively.
Remind me again who was the first to start paying TV stations to show their dart competitions. Put your Tommy T pom poms down and answer objectively.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Remind me again who was the first to start paying TV stations to show their dart competitions. Put your Tommy T pom poms down and answer objectively.
That's hardly the same as giving away a 'major' free both in sponsorship logos and TV coverage which is what is being complained about. The BDO are too inept to understand that the way they market and undersell their product trickles down the food chain making the product so devalued that the EDO/WDO etc. struggle to get a fair price for their product, after all why pay the EDO five grand to be the headline sponsor of an event when the BDO will do it for a blue zip up jacket and a chocolate hobnob.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
London Eye
The Ton Club

The silence from Des Jacklin is deafening

Post by London Eye »

When he was voted onto the BDO board he was all over social media, answering questions, appointing reps, sorting out issues at comps, wallowing in praise from the likes of Pauly and McLoyalty etc etc. Where has he gone????? Dissenters in the BDO are at an all time high, info from the BDO is at an all time low (takes some doing I know) The BDO directors including Des have gone underground. Is he having second thoughts, has it dawned on him he might not get the votes? Is he crestfallen because his pet project, the WDT that he took responsibility for and insisted it went ahead was a massive flop? If he still has ambitions to run the BDO he is going a funny way about it.

Dessie boy, come out come out wherever you are!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: The silence from Des Jacklin is deafening

Post by Black Velvet »

Getting a bit desperate for his attention now Steve, might be time to take a break.
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

Black Velvet wrote:Getting a bit desperate for his attention now Steve, might be time to take a break.

Yet you feel you have to respond with your usual inept attempts at rebuttal, maybe aforementioned break is something you should consider?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well merged though.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Demonloy wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Getting a bit desperate for his attention now Steve, might be time to take a break.

Yet you feel you have to respond with your usual inept attempts at rebuttal, maybe aforementioned break is something you should consider?
:grin:
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Demonloy wrote:

I think you need to invest in a better thesaurus.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If Des has 'gone to ground ' what's the reason? Maybe it is all back firing on him?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

devosteve wrote:If Des has 'gone to ground ' what's the reason? Maybe it is all back firing on him?
I think he truly thought he could make a success out of the WDT. The reality is it was a disaster, the Williams have downed tools and Des will follow up his WDT disaster with no TV or venues for the Masters and World Championships, he would be a fool to take the job on now. It wouldn't surprise me if he bailed out now before he gets voted out at the AGM.