Last ever Finders Masters

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Last ever Finders Masters

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Comparing a minor event in a minor sport on a regional TV channel to the Grand National :D

A+ for effort.
OK I'll make it a little easier for you Ninge, it's not uncommon for an event to change sponsor, this has happened over the years in PDC tournaments as well. :roll: :roll:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Comparing a minor event in a minor sport on a regional TV channel to the Grand National :D

A+ for effort.
OK I'll make it a little easier for you Ninge, it's not uncommon for an event to change sponsor, this has happened over the years in PDC tournaments as well. :roll: :roll:
Of course its not uncommon. How often do you see press releases from companies saying they are stopping sponsoring an event though, without a new one being named? Its all very odd.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

A+ for effort.
Of course its not uncommon. How often do you see press releases from companies saying they are stopping sponsoring an event though, without a new one being named? Its all very odd.
Great strategy, publicise an attractive opportunity like this and get the sponsors in a bidding war.....
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

A+ for effort.
The commercial value of BDO ranked events to sponsors has plummeted, it is at an all,time low. In the meantime the commercial value of ODC events has rocketed to unprecedented levels. The BDO has never been in a worse position, I feel for the new chairman (not Des) as it is too far gone to make a comeback.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

A+ for effort.
Great strategy, publicise an attractive opportunity like this and get the sponsors in a bidding war.....
Or pull,out and let someone be the headline sponsor for nothing,
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Ginge wrote:"the richest two day darts tournament on terrestrial TV" was a personal favourite of mine.
I think even this is incorrect, what's the prize fund of the Champions League Of Darts?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:"the richest two day darts tournament on terrestrial TV" was a personal favourite of mine.
I think even this is incorrect, what's the prize fund of the Champions League Of Darts?
Well that wasnt around at the time. The point was that the Masters, at the time, was the ONLY two day darts tournament on terrestrial TV :D

Its like saying "the richest 7 day darts event held in an aircraft hanger just outside of Dublin"
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

London Eye wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

A+ for effort.
Or pull,out and let some mug be the headline sponsor for nothing,
You are trying to hard, if they obtained a sponsor for nothing then he wouldn't be a sponsor would he, he'd be a free rider........
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
London Eye wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
You are trying to hard, if they obtained a sponsor for nothing then he wouldn't be a sponsor would he, he'd be a free rider........
Leave Winmau alone!
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
London Eye wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Yeah, like Winmau, Becks Vier, Fire Kills, Sports Direct and Jackpot Joy.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

London Eye wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

A+ for effort.
The commercial value of BDO ranked events to sponsors has plummeted, it is at an all,time low. In the meantime the commercial value of ODC events has rocketed to unprecedented levels. The BDO has never been in a worse position, I feel for the new chairman (not Des) as it is too far gone to make a comeback.
What has the Oberlin Dance Collective got to do with anything?.......you are losing the plot, get out of the sun.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

ssjsa wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Remember this is probably a translation guys, what was that film with Bill Murray??
Caddyshack.
Loved that movie, the gofer had me laughing for days!!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

nikkiboy wrote:Remember this is probably a translation guys, what was that film with Bill Murray??
I thought the obvious choice would have been The Man Who Knew Too Little ;-)
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I think maybe Finders are putting on a brave face here after being outbid for next years tournament. They will probably sponsor the WDT next year instead.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Astonvilla wrote:I think maybe Finders are putting on a brave face here after being outbid for next years tournament. They will probably sponsor the WDT next year instead.
'Outbid' by how much one wonders?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Garry Murphy wrote:the crying from paddy, oche, chris and BV who act like petulant children when anything negative is said about the bdo is hilarious.

They get paranoid and defensive like it is some sort of personal attack
Hello mate, hope you're well.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Black Velvet wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:the crying from paddy, oche, chris and BV who act like petulant children when anything negative is said about the bdo is hilarious.

I am indeed, thanks for asking, we got to play the game :grin:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:How can a darts tournament be "luxurious"? :grin:
I think that was an awkward allusion to what's usually phrased as "yes, the prize money may be crap by today's standards, but the players get treated really, really well there" around here.

Anyway, leaving aside Finder stepping back as title sponsor, it'll be interesting to see if they stick around at least as one of the minor sponsors of the event, or if they're totally gone.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Was much better when it was Doeland sponsoring it. Better choice of food in the VIP and more free beer tokens :CCDD:
JFT97
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:

I am indeed, thanks for asking, we got to play the game :grin:
Absolutely!