Hankey made bankrupt

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zeyes
International

Re: Hankey made bankrupt

Post by Zeyes »

I wonder what HMRC think about Hankey's "personality".
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Anyway, Hankey's "personality" consisted of acting like an overbearing self-important moron, and the only reason it worked at all is that he was actually good at darts at some point. As soon as his performance on the oche started to fall off it all became a complete self-parody in short order. Maybe I'm in the minority, but to me true personality is something that doesn't require winning games in order to shine. Others might be satisfied by cheap pantomime, I suppose.

In many ways, Hankey is the embodiment of all that's gone wrong with BDO darts since the glory days of 20+ years ago.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

The days of Hankey at the top were the last days of the BDO being a force and watchable with a good product.....his first Lakeside win was one of the best Lakeside fields..one of the best darts fields in general.. and had good BBC coverage....it was downhill fast after that..
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

trotter wrote:.his first Lakeside win was one of the best Lakeside fields..one of the best darts fields in general
Any field that has Steve Douglas in and he can get thru to the 2nd round , where he threw a 78 average , in is not even close to being one of the best fields of the BDO let alone general.

The 2000 BDO Worlds is distorted by the semi final of Hankey & Mason its fair to say that's one of the best BDO games ever shown on BBC but it is in no way a true reflection of the tournament.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
trotter wrote:.his first Lakeside win was one of the best Lakeside fields..one of the best darts fields in general
Any field that has Steve Douglas in and he can get thru to the 2nd round , where he threw a 78 average , in is not even close to being one of the best fields of the BDO let alone general.

The 2000 BDO Worlds is distorted by the semi final of Hankey & Mason its fair to say that's one of the best BDO games ever shown on BBC but it is in no way a true reflection of the tournament.
Aye was a brilliant match that.

Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

el_ringo wrote:Any field that has Rico Vonck in and he can get thru to the 2nd round , where he threw a 77 average , in is not even close to being one of the best fields of the BDO let alone general.
Fixed that for you.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Black Velvet wrote:
el_ringo wrote:Any field that has John Part in and he can get thru to the 2nd round , where he threw a 76 average , in is not even close to being one of the best fields of the BDO let alone general.
Fixed that for you.
And again.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Hankey in 2000 was awesome stuff, forgot it was Mace in the semis though - how young does he look!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

nikkiboy wrote:Hankey in 2000 was awesome stuff, forgot it was Mace in the semis though - how young does he look!
He looks about 18 years younger than he is now.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Hankey in 2000 was awesome stuff, forgot it was Mace in the semis though - how young does he look!
He looks about 18 years younger than he is now.
:grin:
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Skewball wrote:I loved watching him and wanted him to win. 100% Box Office and the sort of personality that only darts can produce. One of my fears about the future of darts under a wholly PDC umbrella would be the lack of personalities as it becomes more and more serious and just about the money.
Last bit is absolute bs for a number of reasons, one being that apparently Adams, Hankey, Fordham etc apparently wasn't serious in trying to win Lakeside, and the fact you have to be a class above the rest or "A bit different" to be considered for the premier league which is guaranteed a good earner every year
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Not had very good advice by the looks of it , make yourself bankrupt before HMRC do it , is the path to take.

Great player in is day
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:It was a cover up between the PDC and Hankey to avoid embarrassment for both parties. And you can take that to the bank.
As a reminder. Here's Ted's first Tweet the next day, before they had time to get the spin going.

"I need to apologise to all my fans out there I was shocking I have had the flu since sun night and couldn't see out my left eye #verysorry"

Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Hankey made bankrupt

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote:It was a cover up between the PDC and Hankey to avoid embarrassment for both parties. And you can take that to the bank.
As a reminder. Here's Ted's first Tweet the next day, before they had time to get the spin going.

"I need to apologise to all my fans out there I was shocking I have had the flu since sun night and couldn't see out my left eye #verysorry"

Exactly my point.

All parties benefit from the cover up, hence why it was done.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Some of those comments were quality.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

When is you're next meeting with Hankey, should be a nice evening.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Case wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

A few weeks time. I'll ask him about the GSoD night. Ted is sound.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Case wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

That's nice.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Case wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

Get him to brig his medical records with him to show to Ginge :)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Great interview after the match were he went mad at the crowd. Talking about how they can't hold their beer in wolves etc.

Only met him once at the UK open. Was very honest about how much higher the standard was in the pdc and thus difficult for him.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.