Freesports in trouble with OFCOM again

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: Freesports in trouble with OFCOM again

Post by devosteve »

And ginge is right here. When an organisation brags how it has got TV coverage the 'quality' of the channel kind of reflects if bragging is the right thing to do.

Seriously (back in the day) if a band said they had signed to emi/virgin/cbs etc it makes a whole lot of difference if another band brags they have signed to some obscure and dodgy record label.

Hey, I'm an old punk rocker who loved the 'indie ' labels like riot city/no future/secret/small wonder etc but there is no cred in sports being on a minor label that has limited distribution.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

The BDO using a channel with a brazen disregard for the rule book. Wonder what Ross makes of it all?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:And ginge is right here. When an organisation brags how it has got TV coverage the 'quality' of the channel kind of reflects if bragging is the right thing to do.

Seriously (back in the day) if a band said they had signed to emi/virgin/cbs etc it makes a whole lot of difference if another band brags they have signed to some obscure and dodgy record label.

Hey, I'm an old punk rocker who loved the 'indie ' labels like riot city/no future/secret/small wonder etc but there is no cred in sports being on a minor label that has limited distribution.
So you are saying Freesposrts is like factory records?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Freesports in trouble with OFCOM again

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Ginge wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Just to play devils advocate, what has 3 Ofcom breaches got to do with a darts forum?

I’m sure they’ve all been very naughty boys and will get sent for crucifixion.
They show BDO darts.

Hope this helps.
Fixed so the uninitiated can see why Ginge is bothered.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wonderful stuff.

Finally getting the reactions I wanted.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Devo Steve up to his old tricks. Just need Skewbollock's irrelevant opinion for the full house.
UKDA 4 Life
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ChrisW wrote:
devosteve wrote:And ginge is right here. When an organisation brags how it has got TV coverage the 'quality' of the channel kind of reflects if bragging is the right thing to do.

Factory records were the most unorganised rabble as well !!!

I actually quite like Freesports..I'd never watched it until darts but it has some good stuff on it...The motorsport is good and I like seeing the current live coverage of the Canadian T20 league with Steve Smith and David Warner in it....it's not a bad channel.to be involved with really..
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Devo Steve up to his old tricks. Just need Skewbollock's irrelevant opinion for the full house.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:

I knew the analogy wasn't quite right because a lot of the indie labels had quite a bit of cred in those days. My old band: we were rejected by anagram records. My mate still has the letter wishing us good luck!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

The Clash got a lot of stick for signing to CBS ..people even say it was the end of punk as they knew it....that was a ridiculous argument then and just as ridiculous now.....
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Freesports now on Virgin media

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44915060
Been added along with Premier Sports being made free for everyone (for 2 months) in a lame attempt to appease people for them culling the 10 UKTV channels overnight.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:

Been added along with Premier Sports being made free for everyone (for 2 months) in a lame attempt to appease people for them culling the 10 UKTV channels overnight.
Seems like a silly decision to drop UKTV but I guess we don't know what they were asking for it.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Seems like a silly decision to drop UKTV but I guess we don't know what they were asking for it.
Very lazy here to blame auntie beeb not at all mentioned is that uktv is part owned by the discovery network & bbc when discovery bought the stake from scripps network which just happened to be part owned by virgin itself
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Very lazy here to blame auntie beeb not at all mentioned is that uktv is part owned by the discovery network & bbc when discovery bought the stake from scripps network which just happened to be part owned by virgin itself