Are Forums on their last legs?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Are Forums on their last legs?

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote::WWWW: I think I may have got a mention on Paul's right to reply fb group this morning.
Are you a tw#t or a m#ng? :grin:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Paddy taking time out from the TSoD Discussion FB page to post on a darts forum, there.
Busy page mate......so much going on in there, a couple of mentions of TSOD on there hardly constitutes an obsession....... you should be glad of the free advertising..... ;-)
bugger all else on there at the moment, no better than the original fanatics. People too scared to mention EDO /TSOD for fear of being called mongs or twats.
Forums are the only place for true free speech.
You may say that but a lot of info is taken from there and used to bolster the diminishing content on here.........it's cutting edge stuff with many prominent dart players contributing.

Saying that there is room for both, don't know why folk on here want to start a war.......how childish.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Paddy taking time out from the TSoD Discussion FB page to post on a darts forum, there.
Busy page mate......so much going on in there, a couple of mentions of TSOD on there hardly constitutes an obsession....... you should be glad of the free advertising..... ;-)
bugger all else on there at the moment, no better than the original fanatics. People too scared to mention EDO /TSOD for fear of being called mongs or twats.
You may say that but a lot of info is taken from there and used to bolster the diminishing content on here.........it's cutting edge stuff with many prominent dart players contributing.

Saying that there is room for both, don't know why folk on here want to start a war.......how childish.
Paddy, please show me the thread on here that called everyone on Real Fanatics tw#ts and slagged everyone on there off?

You won't find it Pads because it is your mate Paul who started slagging this place off conveniently as soon as he was faced with a question that he couldn't answer.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy, please show me the thread on here that called everyone on Real Fanatics tw#ts and slagged everyone on there off?

You won't find it Pads because it is your mate Paul who started slagging this place off conveniently as soon as he was faced with a question that he couldn't answer.
Then take it up with him, don't slur the page because you don't like what one person has written.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Busy page mate......so much going on in there, a couple of mentions of TSOD on there hardly constitutes an obsession....... you should be glad of the free advertising..... ;-)

Then take it up with him, don't slur the page because you don't like what one person has written.
Ha, that's exactly what happened here.
He couldn't handle LE at all, floundered and disappeared.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No no no no El Ringo said some nasty wasty things as well.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:No no no no El Ringo said some nasty wasty things as well.
Yes many did........
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Looked like a constructive critique of the failings of the EDO from where I was sat.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Are Forums on their last legs?

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewbollock is a snowflake
UKDA 4 Life
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Then take it up with him, don't slur the page because you don't like what one person has written.
I haven't slurred the page as you say but interesting that you lecture me on having a pop at a whole place for what one person says, is that not exactly what Paul has done against here and ergo what I am complaining about? :grin:

A point I made weeks ago when a screenshot was posted here I might add.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Please allow criticism/a witchunt of the PDC as you do anything BDO/EDO and you'll be able to take the moral highground.
UKDA 4 Life
copigme
Steady Sixties

Post by copigme »

Facebook discussions are way different from forums.
You can chat on facebook but you cannot make a tutorial a review or anything that needs something more than plain text. Of course it's easier to post a new set of darts, discuss a specific topic BUT
you cannot easily search in previous posts (for example one month old).
Forums are more like libraries, you can acces the info you want any time.
So my answer is no their not in their last legs, maybe they lost a set. :)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Please allow criticism/a witchunt of the PDC as you do anything BDO/EDO and you'll be able to take the moral highground.
Darty trying to run with the hares whilst letting the hounds loose in his place, there.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Eh? On the rare occassions that we talk darts it's far more of an even playing field than on here.
UKDA 4 Life
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

copigme wrote:Facebook discussions are way different from forums.
You can chat on facebook but you cannot make a tutorial a review or anything that needs something more than plain text. Of course it's easier to post a new set of darts, discuss a specific topic BUT
Yes that's how i see it.... no need for the hostilities....people lose their rag some time....move on.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Please allow criticism/a witchunt of the PDC as you do anything BDO/EDO and you'll be able to take the moral highground.
That would be nice but i don't think it will ever happen......sponsors wouldn't allow it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I see Paul is claiming he knows 10,000 odd members personally. Daren Gilbertson :)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Yes that's how i see it.... no need for the hostilities....people lose their rag some time....move on.
I get the vibe from there that some seem to want this forum to fail. A bit sad really.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I get the vibe from there that some seem to want this forum to fail. A bit sad really.
Maybe a couple but in general that is not the case. most people hadn't even heard of this forum before it got a mention on there. Chill out and cease the hostilities.........
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Maybe a couple but in general that is not the case. most people hadn't even heard of this forum before it got a mention on there. Chill out and cease the hostilities.........
Thank you so much for promoting the forum to a wider audience.

:DDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner