The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: Dereks proposal

Post by ssjsa »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
devosteve wrote:Not great is it. A bit disappointing.

The board did their best (obviously won't be wanting to investigate what exactly has been done over the last few years).

Get the info out to the national press. Sounds like some of the folks in fanatic land who say, "let's promote it, get sponsors, make bdo great again". I guess at least Roger has contacts etc

get stuff streamed on subscription platforms. How many are watching for free?

guess one big difference from Des is that he isn't proposing to separate bicc and the top end. In this area Des has got it right.
It is, and as I was critical of Des's proposal as having very little substance , is only right to comment that Roger's is of a similar nature.
It's actually got much less substance than the Jacklin proposal, which is quite an achievement.
That is a more than a fair point. One would have thought given the timescale, more work could have been put into it.

Suggests to me that Roger has been a last minute candidate, and his proposal has been put together on a fag packet at a brainstorming session.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

With relationship to the cut off date for nominations was his name relaeased?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ssjsa wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
devosteve wrote:Not great is it. A bit disappointing.

The board did their best (obviously won't be wanting to investigate what exactly has been done over the last few years).

Get the info out to the national press. Sounds like some of the folks in fanatic land who say, "let's promote it, get sponsors, make bdo great again". I guess at least Roger has contacts etc

get stuff streamed on subscription platforms. How many are watching for free?

guess one big difference from Des is that he isn't proposing to separate bicc and the top end. In this area Des has got it right.
It is, and as I was critical of Des's proposal as having very little substance , is only right to comment that Roger's is of a similar nature.
It's actually got much less substance than the Jacklin proposal, which is quite an achievement.
That is a more than a fair point. One would have thought given the timescale, more work could have been put into it.

Suggests to me that Roger has been a last minute candidate, and his proposal has been put together on a fag packet at a brainstorming session.
So was Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas and that was a big hit.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

He's failed to mention he isn't married to Paula

That would be a certain vote winner :)

The problem with any proposal for being head of the BDO there is a distinct line difference in what people want to the BDO to be and become AND what it is possible for the BDO to and and evolve into

Neither person really identifies that 99.9% of any BDO supporters wishes are now impossible to fulfil and that it cannot achieve now any level of parity or suitable alternative to the PDC. A War & Peace sized proposal is never going to change this and of course any candidate who stands and is brutally honest about what anyone could hope to achieve would be denounced as a heretic by the various factions within the amateur system.

What I fail to see from either candidate given that they both claim to care about the future of the BDO and their wish to see it grow and improve is why the need to keep these new 'sponsors' and 'willing venues' secret. Surely it would be of benefit to either winning party and the BDO as a whole if they were aware of possible sponsors or venues regardless of any election result.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

el_ringo wrote:He's failed to mention he isn't married to Paula

That would be a certain vote winner :)

The problem with any proposal for being head of the BDO there is a distinct line difference in what people want to the BDO to be and become AND what it is possible for the BDO to and and evolve into

Neither person really identifies that 99.9% of any BDO supporters wishes are now impossible to fulfil and that it cannot achieve now any level of parity or suitable alternative to the PDC. A War & Peace sized proposal is never going to change this and of course any candidate who stands and is brutally honest about what anyone could hope to achieve would be denounced as a heretic by the various factions within the amateur system.

What I fail to see from either candidate given that they both claim to care about the future of the BDO and their wish to see it grow and improve is why the need to keep these new 'sponsors' and 'willing venues' secret. Surely it would be of benefit to either winning party and the BDO as a whole if they were aware of possible sponsors or venues regardless of any election result.
It's not hard to guess why aren't these new sponsors and venues disclosed. They either don't have them or they aren't secure yet.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

des sure seems to be favorite for the job.

The same job he gave his word on, that he had no interest in ever wanting.
His word already aint worth anything
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Re: The BDO AGM Farce thread

Post by BlueSpark »

Renamed the thread, to keep it current for the weekends shambles.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Surely you mean Paula's word(s) ? ;)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Roger says he has been aware of comments re his conflict of interest. Didn't these only get mentioned after his name was made public? If so then his proposal was written after his nomination was revealed.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

devosteve wrote:Roger says he has been aware of comments re his conflict of interest. Didn't these only get mentioned after his name was made public? If so then his proposal was written after his nomination was revealed.

If he has been involved in the amateur side of darts for any period of time he's probably going to be aware of how snidey & backstabbing certain parties are on matters liek that so could easily have guessed their level of attack to protect their 'chosen' candidate
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

el_ringo wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Surely you mean Paula's word(s) ? ;)
No I dont

Des said it on here
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Whilst it's an easy stick to beat Des with, and God knows there are loads of reasons to beat Des with a stick, how does one comment about not wanting to be Chairman made over 18 months ago (possibly even longer than that) constantly get brought up? Has no-one ever changed their opinion on anything else before?

I'm not saying this is what has happened, but to constantly raise it smacks of "I have nothing else to criticise him for so I'll use a comment made so long ago everyone else will have moved on".

Regarding the candidates, the BDO is in such a state of disarray at the moment, it doesn't matter who's in charge. Sadly, or brilliantly (if you're so much inclined), the reactions to the two nominees from the BDO "family" just show the biggest issue with that whole side of darts and that's not going to change any time soon.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Decent CVs of all the people in Jacklins team

Excel (intermediate) will come in handy
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

I fear for the BDO, either way.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

oche balboa wrote:Decent CVs of all the people in Jacklins team

Excel (intermediate) will come in handy
All those GCSE's/O Levels will come in handy for revamping the BDO social media.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Does any one of you think about the first april next year? Hard Brexit? What happens after that? GB might falling apart? Whats the reason and targets for a BDO after that? i'm working at the migration office and until now we dont know what will happen with our 42'000 Brits in Switzerland, after they losing EU Status over night. there are still no contracts between GB and EU. No contracts yet between other countrys like switzerland. there will be a lot of problems even for the BDO or other organisation. Are they prepared for that?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

bukowski wrote:Does any one of you think about the first april next year? Hard Brexit? What happens after that? GB might falling apart? Whats the reason and targets for a BDO after that? i'm working at the migration office and until now we dont know what will happen with our 42'000 Brits in Switzerland, after they losing EU Status over night. there are still no contracts between GB and EU. No contracts yet between other countrys like switzerland. there will be a lot of problems even for the BDO or other organisation. Are they prepared for that?

No need to worry ff they know how to hold a dart then there is a place for them in Lincolnshire county its in Des's CV ;)

Edited by Admin.
Last edited by ssjsa on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Let's just stick to the subject under discussion please, without the abuse.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I wonder how the ' I will only work with Des's team' strategy will work out.
It looks like a bit desperate but I think in the world of the BDO it will probably work out.
There seems to be the right skill sets there to make some things work.
I fear there are some skill sets missing.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

The main one being media/promotions.

Not sure Des being involved with the LDO is something to stick on the CV. What have they done to get a standalone event on TV?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

markymark wrote:The main one being media/promotions.

Not sure Des being involved with the LDO is something to stick on the CV. What have they done to get a standalone event on TV?
No, no, no! Flyers delivered by milkmen have far more effect than social media and professional promotion of events,