The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Chris Mason - World champs will be at Lakeside this year, however the total prize money will not be met by Potter, there wont be any mainstream broadcaster, and there wont be a sponsor who will pick up the tab for a mainstream broadcaster.

According to BDOF Potter has said he wont cover the prize fund if its not televised on a major station. If thats the case the BDO have to cover it as it was part of the contracts they got people to sign last year.
Ha, what a mess.
Surely this can't be true. Run the tournament with no broadcaster and suffer a huge financial loss, or postpone/cancel/reschedule it at a later date at a new venue. Become a laughing stock.
These player contracts have now become a noose around their neck, all to keep them in the BDO weren't they?
Surely it can't be this hilarious.

And these contracts I have been told are water tight and written by a Sports Solicitor.

I disagree with that as we had one looked at at there not tight at all. The players could easily get out of them if they need to. But might be worth not trying to for the fun element of it all
Take it Ana is going to go for the women’s world championship spot?

She thinking about q school as well or staying put?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Re: The BDO AGM Farce thread

Post by daveboygreen »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:If Des reads this I'd like to personally congratulate him and wish him all the very best. It is imperative that you halt the slide.

I am offering you my services, if I can help in any way it would be my pleasure.
Im sure Des would love to have such an untrustworthy and snide twat such as yourself on board, Ships sinking anyways so may as well have you and your forum buddies on board to add some ballast to help it sink that little bit quicker!!
Deleted User

Re: The BDO AGM Farce thread

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:35 arselicking congratulations posts in 14 minutes
David Owen? :IIII:
WTF? How dare you, sir!
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Chris Mason - World champs will be at Lakeside this year, however the total prize money will not be met by Potter, there wont be any mainstream broadcaster, and there wont be a sponsor who will pick up the tab for a mainstream broadcaster.

According to BDOF Potter has said he wont cover the prize fund if its not televised on a major station. If thats the case the BDO have to cover it as it was part of the contracts they got people to sign last year.
Well its nice to be right occasionally, hey Paddy (and Ginge), any luck ?
;)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

All the "majors" at the top of the BDO are subsidised to hell by County and Superleague.

That's the main source of BDO revenue. That money goes from the many to the few due to the lack of sponsors and TV revenue.

All the talk about helping grass roots darts is nonsense unless they get sponsors and coverage for the flagship events. This won't happen of course because they've elected idiots to manage an already damaged product.

So they'll desperately run Lakeside, the Masters and the WDT until all the money from the grassroots members is gone.

The BICC should seperate for the protection of their own finances before it's all gone on these outdated white elephant comps that no-one attends and are no longer of intetest to the TV viewing audience.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

Ha, what a mess.
Surely this can't be true. Run the tournament with no broadcaster and suffer a huge financial loss, or postpone/cancel/reschedule it at a later date at a new venue. Become a laughing stock.
These player contracts have now become a noose around their neck, all to keep them in the BDO weren't they?
Surely it can't be this hilarious.

And these contracts I have been told are water tight and written by a Sports Solicitor.

I disagree with that as we had one looked at at there not tight at all. The players could easily get out of them if they need to. But might be worth not trying to for the fun element of it all
Take it Ana is going to go for the women’s world championship spot?

She thinking about q school as well or staying put?

100% going for the PDC playoffs, Any Women would be stupid not to do this. You will get a few older players that are loyal sheep, But any Women player that wants to make something of themselves or try and make something of themselves need to be at the UK or European Qialifiers.

Ana and Lisa have to pay there prize money back according to the Contract they have signed, But the BDO have already breached certain parts of this already and that why I say it’s not worth anything yet I am being told it’s Wtaer Tight.
JFT97
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:

;)
? I think you will still be wrong, should still be at Lakey.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

;)
It’s going to be at lakeside, like i said earlier they are expecting it to be there they are just not doing anything until a tv deal is announced and if one isn’t announced they will reuse to cover the prize fund

Des might try taking it to Preston but I really can’t see it
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

;)
It’s going to be at lakeside, like i said earlier they are expecting it to be there they are just not doing anything until a tv deal is announced and if one isn’t announced they will reuse to cover the prize fund

Taking it to Preston would be a huge mistake.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

;)

Not on TV you won't anyway.

What a complete and utter farce and if any player (especially the ladies) think that the BDO would waste what little money they have left chasing a couple of grand from them because they leave then they are off their rocker. They won't even have enough in the bank to pay for their current commitments let alone racking up loads of solicitors fees.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

;)

Taking it to Preston would be a huge mistake.
If it goes there Pads we'll just have to go back to Vegas instead 8-)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Can't support the BDO anymore after voting Mr Jacklin in. On their own heads be it.
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

Looks like Des has taken on a poisoned chalice, good luck to him - he's going to need it!

Did I read right that Sue Williams is now financial director? If so, what the actual feck?? It seems that turkeys do indeed vote for christmas!

She and the rest of the board should've been booted off/fell on their swords after deluxe was revealed to be a bad joke.
sonny
Brass Darts

Post by sonny »

cobra wrote:
Did I read right that Sue Williams is now financial director?
Irene Mungins wasn't available
I used to be a schizoprhrenic but we're fine now
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

;)
That's not what I said as you well know.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Dear old Irene squandered £23k in 21 months. She's nowhere near qualified enough to waste the huge sums the BDO do.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

So apparently des didn’t sugar coat anything, said that the bdo is in a complete mess and he doesn’t know if anyone can turn it around at this point.

I’m glad he’s actually said that to the delegates as they need to be told how bad the situation is but it does kinda show that he’s setting himself up to fail and if it all goes tits up then he can say “well I told you it was dire, not my fault”
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:So apparently des didn’t sugar coat anything, said that the bdo is in a complete mess and he doesn’t know if anyone can turn it around at this point.

I’m glad he’s actually said that to the delegates as they need to be told how bad the situation is but it does kinda show that he’s setting himself up to fail and if it all goes tits up then he can say “well I told you it was dire, not my fault”
To be fair to him, if that's what he genuinely believes he's got nothing to lose by saying so.
Obviously he's hoping that he's setting himself up to be the all-conquering saviour who succeeds in the impossible job, but if it does go pear-shaped at least he's got his blame shifting in early.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Still cannot believe the Jacklins are popular
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Money talks.