The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote: Cameramen alone costing over £24k!
How do you work that out?
9 cameramen a day for 9 days = 9x9x300

Happy to help.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Happy to help.
:DDD:
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Howard posted on BDOF last night that they was looking at 25K per day for production costs.

Thats on top of the prize fund that is guarenteed as per the contracts last year.

It would be cheaper at this stage to inform each player they was not honoring the contract of the last year.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

I am just going to leave this here

https://www.lincolnshirecountydarts.com/
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Happy to help.
Ah I see, I fekked up. Many apologies
Don't worry about it.
Big Jock Knew
Dorsetdarter
Steady Sixties

Post by Dorsetdarter »

9 x cameramen @£300 each per day = 2700 x 9 days (in reality probably 11 days with Rig and derig also) = £24,300...give or take a few rate squeezes etc...full timers at the prod company cheaper than freelancers.. I don't think they'd do it with less camera people, given the length of sessions...They'd need to give them breaks and swap around a fair bit.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Happy to help.
Ah I see, I fekked up. Many apologies
Don't worry about it.
What are they all doing these 9 cameramen. Filming a netflix series in the bar.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Double Flops wrote:
Well Lincs super league numbers have more than halved in the last 6 yrs ...down to only 32 women and over 100 men have left ..it's a big fall.
I can't be bothered to check the Men's but in the case of the Ladies at least 1/2 of last years Ladies County Side never played Super League in Lincs which does really send the wrong sort of message to players about the Leagues worth.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Dorsetdarter wrote:9 x cameramen @£300 each per day = 2700 x 9 days (in reality probably 11 days with Rig and derig also) = £24,300...give or take a few rate squeezes etc...full timers at the prod company cheaper than freelancers.. I don't think they'd do it with less camera people, given the length of sessions...They'd need to give them breaks and swap around a fair bit.
What about the accommodation costs of the production / filming crew ?

I presume they have stayed at Lakeside through out the years but who has bore the cost of that ?
Dorsetdarter
Steady Sixties

Post by Dorsetdarter »

chris, as mentioned above... 2 camera ops front of stage on two 86x Box lenses (long lenses), 1 (pdc use 2) reverse angle of the players throwing, 1 Side shot (i forgot up there), 1 Jib operator (high sweeping shots), 2 radio camera Operators (1 in the crowd and one doing walk ons and cut aways), 2 PTC Cameras (interviews etc (could be the same two as for radio cams)..I've said nine to allow for breaks and changing Ops...Basically a freelance shift is 12hrs and then we'd charge another 1/2 day on top for longer hours...Broadcast usually do a buyout for the expected hours..so i would think in excess of the numbers above.
Also in my earlier post i forgot VT operators/EVS operators, Graphics designers/Operators.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

el_ringo wrote:
Double Flops wrote:
Well Lincs super league numbers have more than halved in the last 6 yrs ...down to only 32 women and over 100 men have left ..it's a big fall.
I can't be bothered to check the Men's but in the case of the Ladies at least 1/2 of last years Ladies County Side never played Super League in Lincs which does really send the wrong sort of message to players about the Leagues worth.
Thats no difference to a lot of counties though. I dont think Humberside even has a ladies superleague any more, then mens is just a joke.

County darts and Super league is a whole other argument, its struggling in most counties.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Ginge »

Dorsetdarter wrote:chris, as mentioned above... 2 camera ops front of stage on two 86x Box lenses (long lenses), 1 (pdc use 2) reverse angle of the players throwing, 1 Side shot (i forgot up there), 1 Jib operator (high sweeping shots), 2 radio camera Operators (1 in the crowd and one doing walk ons and cut aways), 2 PTC Cameras (interviews etc (could be the same two as for radio cams)..I've said nine to allow for breaks and changing Ops...Basically a freelance shift is 12hrs and then we'd charge another 1/2 day on top for longer hours...Broadcast usually do a buyout for the expected hours..so i would think in excess of the numbers above.
Also in my earlier post i forgot VT operators/EVS operators, Graphics designers/Operators.
He won't argue with you mate, he's only arguing the point because it's me.
Big Jock Knew
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Double Flops wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Double Flops wrote:Yep I know Mark well, every now and then Lincs lose a player with petty fallouts that lead into bigger arguements ..one player was not picked for Lincs , he was 5th in the rankings, because of who his friends was lol...when he was told he wasn't being picked again, he wasn't happy and ended up with a ban. Grudges again being held by Lincs.
To be fair you get a lot of this in other counties, Old pals act and fall outs etc, Just have to look a few years ago at Andy Brown, Was top of the superleague averages by a mile and Oxfordshire wouldn't even put him in the B, Heard of a lot of other instances with players being placed well enough to be selected but have been overlooked or not selected because of petty arguments or old 20 average loyal county arse kissing pal of the powers that be selected instead.
Same as a lot of other counties, Worcestershire only have 20 or so ladies superleague players, Noticed Oxfordshire has more than halved from when I played in 2000/2001, Personally I look at superleague as a waste of my time as I have zero intention of playing for any County, Would rather spend my cash playing comps than spend 300-400 quid on an away weekend to play one game.

When you look at the overall cost of playing County, Say its 20 weeks playing superleague, 5 away weekends and 4 home matches, £30-£40 each day for superleague thats between £600 and £800, Say £300 each away weekend and £100 home weekend, Your looking close to £3000 a season to play superleague and County, Q-School you could easily do on £1000 even with paying for the PDPA membership and £2000 is a good amount to have towards travel etc for the first lot of events either pro tour or challenge tour....I know what I would rather do and where the value for money is there.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

So when are you going to have your go?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

daveboygreen wrote: Personally I look at superleague as a waste of my time as I have zero intention of playing for any County, Would rather spend my cash playing comps than spend 300-400 quid on an away weekend to play one game.

When you look at the overall cost of playing County, Say its 20 weeks playing superleague, 5 away weekends and 4 home matches, £30-£40 each day for superleague thats between £600 and £800, Say £300 each away weekend and £100 home weekend, Your looking close to £3000 a season to play superleague and County, Q-School you could easily do on £1000 even with paying for the PDPA membership and £2000 is a good amount to have towards travel etc for the first lot of events either pro tour or challenge tour....I know what I would rather do and where the value for money is there.
Which I think is the proverbial nail on the head about County now. There didn't used to me much alternative for people to choose from if they wanted to play at a higher level of darts after Super League the PDC growth has given that option with the possible chance of making a few quid as well. You also get the chance to play more darts if you go QS challenge tour route.

Really is a no brainer for anyone to choose from now and I suspect County has entered that terminal tailspin stage
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Arent we all forgetting that Jacklin has fresh sponsors lined up and he also has more than one national hotel chain interested in all the accommodation.

Perhaps they will have a better venue for the WC than Lakeside. With a new venue and sizeable sponsorship they will soon find a broadcast partner.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

el_ringo wrote:
daveboygreen wrote: Personally I look at superleague as a waste of my time as I have zero intention of playing for any County, Would rather spend my cash playing comps than spend 300-400 quid on an away weekend to play one game.

Which I think is the proverbial nail on the head about County now. There didn't used to me much alternative for people to choose from if they wanted to play at a higher level of darts after Super League the PDC growth has given that option with the possible chance of making a few quid as well. You also get the chance to play more darts if you go QS challenge tour route.

Really is a no brainer for anyone to choose from now and I suspect County has entered that terminal tailspin stage
Oh I don't know, I think county needs a re-boot, a sponsor and regionalisation. Team games can be quite exciting and marketed correctly with only the premium county teams making a centralised grand final (6 men 3 women) I think there's scope for maybe even a televised grand final weekend, dependin on sponsorship of course.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

nikkiboy wrote: Oh I don't know, I think county needs a re-boot, a sponsor and regionalisation. Team games can be quite exciting and marketed correctly with only the premium county teams making a centralised grand final (6 men 3 women) I think there's scope for maybe even a televised grand final weekend, dependin on sponsorship of course.
Well that's the problem with County the people who need to make the decision and authorise it are exactly the same people who have fiddled while their BDO Rome has burned for the past 30 years.

Here's a scenario that you will now run into with any much needed reboot slim lining of County , Des has no doubt promised this multi national hotel chain a large number of room booking each month based on the current County sizes if you now cut say County sides by 50%, which is what is desperately needed etc, you are quickly going to muck up this Sponsorship deal.

How many other deals are dependant on promises like this that thwart any possible changes ?
ChrisW
International

Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
Dorsetdarter wrote:chris, as mentioned above... 2 camera ops front of stage on two 86x Box lenses (long lenses), 1 (pdc use 2) reverse angle of the players throwing, 1 Side shot (i forgot up there), 1 Jib operator (high sweeping shots), 2 radio camera Operators (1 in the crowd and one doing walk ons and cut aways), 2 PTC Cameras (interviews etc (could be the same two as for radio cams)..I've said nine to allow for breaks and changing Ops...Basically a freelance shift is 12hrs and then we'd charge another 1/2 day on top for longer hours...Broadcast usually do a buyout for the expected hours..so i would think in excess of the numbers above.
He won't argue with you mate, he's only arguing the point because it's me.
I have been to darts events :)

This explains how darts is televised at the moment.
https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headline ... -coverage/
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:Well its nice to be right occasionally, hey Paddy (and Ginge), any luck ?
;)
? I think you will still be wrong, should still be at Lakey.......
That's not what I said as you well know.
Yes it was....beep beep
Nope. The exact opposite actually. I have said it will be at Lakeside and I even think it will on a TV. Obviously the debate was a little too intelligent for you to grasp what was actually being debated
No originally you said it would not be at lakeside.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"