The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Dereks proposal

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote:
Mr Orange wrote:Blueprint for success - Be on your arse working as a waiter without a pot to piss in. Cop off with an older woman who's old fella has just left her a boat load of cash and property. Hey presto, you're a succesful businessman.
A kind of rags to riches fairy tale. :fishing
Good on the guy, you make your own luck in this world and unlike the previous imcumbents at least he has run a company and dealt with council planning departments (who are beurocratic idiots) and other property developers (who are sharks). Whilst it may not qualify him to run the BDO he certainly is the most qualified out of what is on offer.

The best option would be to employ a professional promotion/management person to run the whole thing but that will never happen as people would have to forfeit their perceived control.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I personally don't think Des will provide much difference, and that's being serious for a minute. It feels more of the same to be honest. But then, I think the BDO future is focusing on real grass roots darts and working in partnership with the PDC. I also think a City based, one day/night 'County' system is needed.
But time will tell I suppose, just dont see why Des will be any better at getting the so called BDO majors on TV with decent sponsors and pandering to the top dozen who at any time 'might' go to the PDC, as that seems to be the measure of success everyone is using. My criteria would be if they had an impact/help for me running a local league and any relevance to me playing Superleague.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or Is TT suggesting that someone from the PDC is trying to apply to become a director/chairman?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

There must be plenty of sports bodies out there who organise amateur competitions and survive without chasing TV coverage for a very small number of the participants within their system.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or Is TT suggesting that someone from the PDC is trying to apply to become a director/chairman?

TT scaremongering so his new best buddy Des gets voted in

I can’t wait till Des takes over then sticks the knife into the EDO.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I did receive a reply concerning the fact that the nominees for directorship of the BDO had not been forwarded to the members, seemingly because there is a check in place to see if the nominees have been correctly nominated as per the extensive BDO rules for appointment of directors.

In the mean time I have had what potentially could be some very disturbing information, which could lead us into the same scenario as the De:Lux Sport and Warren Brown ( famous for the free hotdogs) when no due diligence was carried out, and checks at companies house to see if the people actually being proposed are the type of people we want to hand our organisation over to, or are people who are setting up and closing down companies right left and centre. Do we want this again?

There is also the point of whether anyone standing is actually a member of our competitors in the market place, and should they get control, what they would be in a position to do with that information. This is absolutely fundamental to protect any future the BDO may have.

I am being told that something later today will be coming to me.

We wait and see.

TT on fanatics
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

devosteve wrote:I did receive a reply concerning the fact that the nominees for directorship of the BDO had not been forwarded to the members, seemingly because there is a check in place to see if the nominees have been correctly nominated as per the extensive BDO rules for appointment of directors.

In the mean time I have had what potentially could be some very disturbing information, which could lead us into the same scenario as the De:Lux Sport and Warren Brown ( famous for the free hotdogs) when no due diligence was carried out, and checks at companies house to see if the people actually being proposed are the type of people we want to hand our organisation over to, or are people who are setting up and closing down companies right left and centre. Do we want this again?

There is also the point of whether anyone standing is actually a member of our competitors in the market place, and should they get control, what they would be in a position to do with that information. This is absolutely fundamental to protect any future the BDO may have.

I am being told that something later today will be coming to me.

We wait and see.

TT on fanatics
Hmmm, Tommy smelling a rat with Dessie and his mates :grin:
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

TheSandman wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or Is TT suggesting that someone from the PDC is trying to apply to become a director/chairman?

I do like how TT has made a post about how we all should be doing as many checks as possible to see if the directors are suitable for the role right above a post by Paul complaining that someone on here did a check on Des.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
TheSandman wrote:

I do like how TT has made a post about how we all should be doing as many checks as possible to see if the directors are suitable for the role right above a post by Paul complaining that someone on here did a check on Des.
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

Yvonne and Harold Wayne should set alarm bells ringing.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
TheSandman wrote:

I got sent that :DDD: and again I say that were it not for people on this forum doing checks then De-Luxe would have bankrupted the BDO.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Is this Yvonne and Harold?

markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Why would the PDC need to infiltrate the 2018 BDO?
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

What a pantomime this is turning into. Paul James has got into full Jacklin cheer leader mode and is so far up Des's arse all that you can see are his shoelaces hanging out. Whilst Tommy Thompson has taken to Facebook to declare that Des Jacklin is the new Warren Brown :DDD:
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

Liking the phrase ‘competitor’ being banded around again when referring to the PDC. That ship has long long since sailed, which has been part of the problem in the BDO over the last 5-10 years.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Dazzla501 wrote:Liking the phrase ‘competitor’ being banded around again when referring to the PDC. That ship has long long since sailed, which has been part of the problem in the BDO over the last 5-10 years.
That is part of the issue, some still believe that they can compete with the PDC at the top level. Lakeside is great but it is also unique amongst BDO events.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
It upset 'The Belle of the BDO' Paula as well

'Well everyone were on hols and today i find that our house is on the Stars of darts, forum, our accounts are on the stars of darts forums , i am really distraught ....
theyve used an old picture without the fabulous new walls ive had built that really does enhance our fortress.
Dissapointed is an understatement.
Theyve not found all the other fabulous properties we own and havent put them up.
Still they want transparency on their forum yet post under alias names scewball, zap branigan,
gary murphy [justincredible,) London Eye(Priestly) Darts facts(Priestly again,)
So i find out that on the 18th May there was a LAW passed on Data Protection DPR and the moderators of this forum have let these people post my personal information on a social media forum without my permission. WHOOOOPS...#GIVETHEMENOUGHROPE...
PAULA'
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

el_ringo wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

'Well everyone were on hols and today i find that our house is on the Stars of darts, forum, our accounts are on the stars of darts forums , i am really distraught ....
theyve used an old picture without the fabulous new walls ive had built that really does enhance our fortress.
Theyve not found all the other fabulous properties we own and havent put them up.
Still they want transparency on their forum yet post under alias names scewball, zap branigan,
So i find out that on the 18th May there was a LAW passed on Data Protection DPR and the moderators of this forum have let these people post my personal information on a social media forum without my permission. WHOOOOPS...#GIVETHEMENOUGHROPE...
PAULA'
No idea why she mentioned my name (again) I didnt do any searching of her name.

Also her address was posted by accident by oche as it was on the header of the letter sent out to everyone in the bdo, which means anyone that gets the letter (which is anyone who plays darts and wants to read it) will have it

I think Nikki even deleted it
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Also her address was posted by accident by oche as it was on the header of the letter sent out to everyone in the bdo, which means anyone that gets the letter (which is anyone who plays darts and wants to read it) will have it

The letter with all their full details is freely available on the Facebook group so any argument / grievance they have about that is moot.

If they didn't want anyone knowing their home address then it might have been a better business decision not to use it as the registered address of their business. But then any wise successful astute businessman already knows this.

Interestingly Zoopla shows up some interesting info on their house

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/chest ... ln/7238328

Seems they had been trying to sell it for a few years and couldn't even after discounting the price substantially
Last edited by el_ringo on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

PAULA'

Zapps digging bringing the forum into disrepute there.........Paula not happy at all and who can blame her.....
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"