The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Si Robin »

Going back to Freesports potentially showing Lakeside - is there a chance of BT Sport taking it on and then putting 50% to Freesports - they've already given Freesports the National League highlights from this season (BT Sport continuing to show live games).

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that Freesports won't cover the cost of an outside broadcast for 9 days, but if BT can cover the larger amount, there's no reason Freesports couldn't take the daytime sessions at a fraction of the cost.

From what I can see, Freesports is starting to build a portfolio of niche sports - they do the Pool Premier League (in what look like pubs), and they've recently signed a deal to show British Ice Hockey (along with the odd NHL game from Premier Sports), maybe it could become the home of BDO Darts.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Yes, yes but most of the fanatics do not have freesports so will be sniffing around for links and streams.
It will be a sad day when it is not on terrestrial tv.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Also 5 of the 8 C4 sessions (ignoring the final which is shared anyway) are on weekday daytimes in the middle of January. That also negates their appeal, hardly prime time for a budget sports channel who could just whack on a load of magazine programmes and repeats instead.

Would Des consider cutting the event back to 32 men/8 women or maybe even less?
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Channel 5 will save the day

Be a BDO special on Can't Pay etc :)

But on serious note do Channel 5 show any live sport ? they have lots of channels to fill and 5pike shows wrestling at least
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote:
Ladies will be expanded surely to allow She Who wears the trousers in
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

daveboygreen wrote:
Double Flops wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Double Flops wrote:Yep I know Mark well, every now and then Lincs lose a player with petty fallouts that lead into bigger arguements ..one player was not picked for Lincs , he was 5th in the rankings, because of who his friends was lol...when he was told he wasn't being picked again, he wasn't happy and ended up with a ban. Grudges again being held by Lincs.
To be fair you get a lot of this in other counties, Old pals act and fall outs etc, Just have to look a few years ago at Andy Brown, Was top of the superleague averages by a mile and Oxfordshire wouldn't even put him in the B, Heard of a lot of other instances with players being placed well enough to be selected but have been overlooked or not selected because of petty arguments or old 20 average loyal county arse kissing pal of the powers that be selected instead.
Well Lincs super league numbers have more than halved in the last 6 yrs ...down to only 32 women and over 100 men have left ..it's a big fall.
Same as a lot of other counties, Worcestershire only have 20 or so ladies superleague players, Noticed Oxfordshire has more than halved from when I played in 2000/2001, Personally I look at superleague as a waste of my time as I have zero intention of playing for any County, Would rather spend my cash playing comps than spend 300-400 quid on an away weekend to play one game.

When you look at the overall cost of playing County, Say its 20 weeks playing superleague, 5 away weekends and 4 home matches, £30-£40 each day for superleague thats between £600 and £800, Say £300 each away weekend and £100 home weekend, Your looking close to £3000 a season to play superleague and County, Q-School you could easily do on £1000 even with paying for the PDPA membership and £2000 is a good amount to have towards travel etc for the first lot of events either pro tour or challenge tour....I know what I would rather do and where the value for money is there.
Makes you want to jump in the car and do some serious damage.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

el_ringo wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Oh I don't know, I think county needs a re-boot, a sponsor and regionalisation. Team games can be quite exciting and marketed correctly with only the premium county teams making a centralised grand final (6 men 3 women) I think there's scope for maybe even a televised grand final weekend, dependin on sponsorship of course.
Well that's the problem with County the people who need to make the decision and authorise it are exactly the same people who have fiddled while their BDO Rome has burned for the past 30 years.

Here's a scenario that you will now run into with any much needed reboot slim lining of County , Des has no doubt promised this multi national hotel chain a large number of room booking each month based on the current County sizes if you now cut say County sides by 50%, which is what is desperately needed etc, you are quickly going to muck up this Sponsorship deal.

How many other deals are dependant on promises like this that thwart any possible changes ?
Except he hasnt, hes got in touch with a hotel chain and got the same affiliate scheme that me or you could get.

The problem with bringing county darts into the 21st century is the delegates that dont want it. County should be 1 day with a reduction on players. The delegates would never agree to that as it means they would lose their weekends away on the piss.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

16 mens and 8 ladies
regionalised
1 day (Early Start)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

good luck des
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

oche balboa wrote:16 mens and 8 ladies
regionalised
1 day (Early Start)
Don't suggest on fanatics, as guy did, reducing the ladies! Folks freaking out on there. Ladies as good as men (at times)!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Double Flops wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Double Flops wrote:Yep I know Mark well, every now and then Lincs lose a player with petty fallouts that lead into bigger arguements ..one player was not picked for Lincs , he was 5th in the rankings, because of who his friends was lol...when he was told he wasn't being picked again, he wasn't happy and ended up with a ban. Grudges again being held by Lincs.
To be fair you get a lot of this in other counties, Old pals act and fall outs etc, Just have to look a few years ago at Andy Brown, Was top of the superleague averages by a mile and Oxfordshire wouldn't even put him in the B, Heard of a lot of other instances with players being placed well enough to be selected but have been overlooked or not selected because of petty arguments or old 20 average loyal county arse kissing pal of the powers that be selected instead.
Well Lincs super league numbers have more than halved in the last 6 yrs ...down to only 32 women and over 100 men have left ..it's a big fall.
No, no, no! The Jacklins make Lincolnshire a wonderful county to play darts in.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Martin Adams
@wolfiedarts
2h2 hours ago
@BDOdarts So Des is in the Chair. Who else is on the BOD Board?

I have a feeling Wolfie is taking the piss here?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

el_ringo wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Ladies will be expanded surely to allow She Who wears the trousers in
Don't forget the equal prize money.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

devosteve wrote:
oche balboa wrote:16 mens and 8 ladies
regionalised
1 day (Early Start)
Don't suggest on fanatics, as guy did, reducing the ladies! Folks freaking out on there. Ladies as good as men (at times)!
I love that one!!

Was it the WDT qualifier a couple of years ago that had 9 entries?
The standard isn't there and neither are the numbers, yet those at the top still want big fat paychecks funded by the grass roots. It's outrageous. :D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

PVDarts501 wrote:Martin Adams
@wolfiedarts
2h2 hours ago

BOD?
Bo Overrules Des?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

PVDarts501 wrote:Martin Adams
@wolfiedarts
2h2 hours ago

Who is on the board?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Oh dear.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

The Jolly Man wrote: Who is on the board?
Now that Des is in charge it seems Andy Warhols's quote of 'Sometime in the future everyone will be a BDO Director for 15 minutes' is eerily going to come true
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: Who is on the board?
Now that Des is in charge it seems Andy Warhols's quote of 'Sometime in the future everyone will be a BDO Director for 15 minutes' is eerily going to come true
:DDD:
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: ? I think you will still be wrong, should still be at Lakey.......
That's not what I said as you well know.
Yes it was....beep beep
Nope. The exact opposite actually. I have said it will be at Lakeside and I even think it will on a TV. Obviously the debate was a little too intelligent for you to grasp what was actually being debated
No originally you said it would not be at lakeside.
Wrong again. I was discussing the rumours that there was no TV, I said if there wasn't then Bob wouldn't stump up the prize money.
Next time please actually quote where you think I'm wrong otherwise I'm wasting more of my holiday replying to you.