The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
pootashing
Feather Flights

Re: Dereks proposal

Post by pootashing »

Understand that Roger Cheyna is running for the position also. But his proposal isnt out yet!!! Wonder if we ever get to see it.....
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Dereks proposal

Post by Ginge »

pootashing wrote:Understand that Roger Cheyna is running for the position also. But his proposal isnt out yet!!! Wonder if we ever get to see it.....
Oche could just post it...
Big Jock Knew
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

Ginge wrote:
pootashing wrote:Understand that Roger Cheyna is running for the position also. But his proposal isnt out yet!!! Wonder if we ever get to see it.....
Oche could just post it...
Oche talks out of his club foot.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BDO Membership
BDO Board of Directors
Dear Sirs and Ladies Date 21st July 2018
TAKING THE BDO TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE
As a continuation to the information that I sent out to you all a few weeks ago I have set down in the
following pages a little more detail for you to take into consideration.
PUTTING IDEAS FORWARD
I do find myself somewhat concerned in the fact that although I am an elected BDO Director who, by
direction of the membership at the recent EGM following a recommendation from the retiring BDO
Directors, have been charged with the duty of ‘shadowing’ Sue Williams [the current BDO Chair] through
the final weeks of her tenure before she steps down at the 2018 AGM.
Although this has not been the easiest of tasks [reasons for which you will be partially aware and which
I will fully explain at the AGM] I have undertaken the duty with enthusiasm and have used the opportunity
to further my commitment to bring back the credibility, professionalism, financial stability and forward
thinking that our great organisation was once renowned for.
With my previous letter and now this current update I am trying to give you all an outline of my vision for
the BDO’s future and in my presentation at the AGM I will inform you all of the detail as to exactly where
I am with putting that vision into practice - including details of the structure and content of the team that
I envisage will be with me in working to take these views, the BDO, its member counties and the players
forward .
I am however concerned at the way I am being ‘railroaded’ into showing my full hand before the AGM
and to explain I can only describe as follows: The normal procedure of submitting a proposal on
Directorship nomination or a proposal for a change in policies or rules at an AGM has always been that
usually a Director nomination or any other proposal would be submitted and seconded by 2 counties and
then the county delegates would attend the AGM and vote on what is relayed at the AGM by the proposer
as to the full detail of that proposal or to hear from the nominated Director in person a full summary of
what he or she can bring to the BDO Board and how he/she sees the future of the BDO and from these
submissions the counties can make a fully considered decision.
What we have now is an insistence that I publish a full and detailed breakdown of my proposal before it
can be placed on the agenda?
I could perhaps understand this if my proposal was in competition with an alternative but from where I
stand at the moment I do not see anyone else with any kind of plan for the future of the BDO?
I am a great believer in the democratic processes within the BDO Member County system whereby their
delegates are given a mandate by their counties to make in a private meeting the decisions they feel is
best for their County and the BDO so why the sudden need to insist that our business be put into the
public domain where it can be plagiarised, misinterpreted and probably torn to shreds by some on Social
media before it can be debated properly by only those that matter i.e. The members!!
You the counties will have the final decision and all I ask is that I be allowed to present my case to its
best advantage to those that will have the task of taking the BDO forward.
Before I continue I feel that I ought to fill in a little background on me personally for those who do not
know much about me. I have been involved with several businesses over the past 25 years but have
been a director of my own businesses for the past 20 years and my background varies from
nightclubs/discotheque, café bars and sports bars to property developing (my company owned & funded
solely by myself and wife) has built to the present date close to 130 properties and have extensive
experience with negotiating 6 figure sums.
As far as sport was concerned I always had a passion for tennis and 25 years ago I made my way through
the County ranks however, it was my wife’s talent and passion of darts that drew me in and when she
decided to make her darting comeback (after a 15-year layoff) it was only natural that I would support
her. My wife started back playing for Lincolnshire in 2007 and by 2012 I became the Lincolnshire
Chairman/treasurer and Captain and have taken Lincolnshire from division 2, to division 1, to the premier
division and that is where we have stayed ever since. I have introduced a player’s sponsorship scheme
where by any Lincolnshire County player is sponsored to attend up to 22 BDO ranking tournaments per
year all over the UK and Europe and all paid for by Lincolnshire county, and through my negotiations all
Lincolnshire county players and officials have all expenses paid for BICC matches.
My ability to negotiate a deal/contract or communicate with those needed to take the BDO further has
never been in doubt, and with the team that I have put together I can assure all members that your
company could not be in safer hands.
BDO DIARY
One of the biggest problems the BDO have is the Diary and despite my best efforts this year it hasn’t
really improved.
My aim is to attack this issue immediately and would like to see a full calendar published 12 months in
advance and I would hope to have this into practice by the end of September 2018 and wherever possible
I would like to see a calendar published 3 years in advance for all Special and Major events including all
category A+ and A. Tournaments
As I see it the following are necessities that have to be addressed and implemented:
• The tour players need proper Diary dates that are set in stone
• The players themselves that enter comps need proper advance information,
• The players attending Tournaments overseas need notifying in plenty of time in order to book their
flights at a reasonable cost as the longer we leave it the higher the price rises for them.
More/……
SPONSORSHIPS
Despite all the bad publicity received by the BDO of late I have had several meetings with a major
overseas sports company who are interested in investing within the BDO, this investment would be
across the board, BICC, the professional game, (men’s and ladies) youth and disabled.
The contracts that we negotiate need to cover a longer period of agreement i.e. 24 or 36 months that will
give sponsors more continuity for promotion of not only their current brands but also any future product
launches and thereby making a partnership with the BDO more attractive in the long term.
BICC
Hotels - At this moment I am in discussions with two major hotel chains who have shown strong interest
in being the preferred hotel chain for the BDO. A system could be put together where any County would
be able to call the number provided and using a unique code book as many rooms as needed for that
particular weekend.
Reducing Costs - One of the single biggest issues for most County delegates is that of County costs,
we are working on a scheme to include the above investor to cut County costs, and as I have asked the
BDO accountants to get the accounts ready for the AGM there will hopefully no real need to have the
November delegates meeting. Other reasons for not having the November meeting are a saving for the
BDO on room hire and hotel rooms for officials, a saving for the Counties on travels and room costs but
perhaps the biggest reason would be if my overall proposal receives a favourable vote, the new directors
will not have had enough time in office to produce any real talking point only 12 weeks after starting their
new post. I cannot stress to you all enough how important it is to me to try and help every County achieve
what it needs to become a more successful and profitable county and with this in mind I will always be
on hand to help any county or individual with any issue no matter its importance. - all questions will be
answered
Fundraising - I also have some good strong and proven fundraising ideas for Counties who wish to try
them in order to generate the income that is so desperately needed
BDO Flagship - The BICC is the BDO Flagship and as such I intend to form a pro-active team of Regional
Directors and county representatives to work alongside the BDO BICC Director in order to revitalise this
most crucial of Events that is the BDO’s shop-window to all aspiring players.
TOURNAMENT VENUES
One of our most embarrassing issues is the sort of venue we choose, I’m looking at more upmarket and
well-appointed venues with glitz and glamour in easily accessible areas of the Country, after all we are
the BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION and should try and lead by example, I have already negotiated
several great venues to replace existing ones along with new competitions with high incentive
sponsorship.
LIBERATING THE BDO
I believe that over the past few years the Counties and Countries working within the BDO system have
become so disenfranchised that our brand has hit an all-time low with no real way forward, no plan and
therefore no real opportunity to execute any kind of change. What is needed is something radical that
will enhance our identity whilst not sacrificing our objectives and one that will bring us into line with every
other successful business in the land.
The BDO needs liberating from the constraints that are holding us back
It is imperative the BDO work closely with all other organisations and Countries and not have this wall
built up around a few directors that make decisions at the expense of our company, and I’d like to point
out right now that if my proposal receives a favourable decision at the AGM, then I as the Chairman will
actually have less power and decision making than what is current, but that is how it should be if or
company is to have a chance at being successful.
There are so many areas within the BDO that need tackling and of course I cannot be 100% sure that
we are going to be totally successful. However, as a good starting point the team that I have put together
are quite simply some of the best at what they do and together we will endeavour to do our utmost to get
the BDO back to where it needs to be to survive in a modern world.
It is of prime importance to the BDO that we have the strengths of England Darts, Scotland Darts
Association and Wales Darts Organisation on board as their success is vital to the well-being of the BDO
and I intend to seek full collaboration with each as a means of taking us all forward
The future for the BDO is in your hands, we are at a fork in the road and we need some strong decision
making, we are either facing even darker times with no prospects of improvement or a surprisingly
brighter future, give me and the team surrounding me a chance and the BDO stands a really good chance
of coming out the other side, from where I’m standing the only person with his head on the block is me
and as I really believe in the BDO I am more than willing to accept the challenges ahead
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I really hope for your support in August, your Company is
counting on you making the right choices.
Yours most sincerely - Des Jacklin

LINCOLNSHIRE DARTS ORGANISATION
To BDO Directors
For distribution to BDO Member Counties Date: 21/7/2018
Dear Sirs and Ladies
Further to presentations made at the BDO EGO of 29th April 2018 and further communications relayed
by the BDO Director Des Jacklin on his vision or the future of the BDO Lincolnshire would like to submit
the following proposals for consideration by the BDO Membership at the 2018 BDO Annual General
Meeting
HAMPSHIRE will be seconding these proposals [See Page 4]
Re: TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF DIRECTORS
PROPOSAL ONE
To increase the number of Directors to at least 12 of a maximum of 20
Ref: BDO Documentation –
BDO Website/Rules - Volume One -Handbook Vol 1 – Section F - Directors – Page 2 – Clause 1.4a
This proposal requires a change to Clause 1.4a as follows
Current Clause:
 At the present time the number of BDO Directors to be elected is SIX.
Revised to read:
 At the present time the number of BDO Directors to be elected to a number of TWELVE.
PROPOSAL TWO
To initiate the process of compliance with Proposal One
It is fully appreciated that the process of increasing the number of Directors cannot be brought into
immediate effect due to the election process that must be followed for the 2018 AGM elections purely
because counties will have had no opportunity to nominate Directors to fill the extra vacancies that the
proposal would create
However, in order to support and take forward the implementation of the aforementioned vision for the
future laid it is essential that changes need to be made and for this we would look to the Management
structure of the BDO Directors under the BDO Management Structure rules currently in existence i.e.
BDO Website/Rules - Volume One - Handbook Vol 1 – Section F - Directors – Section 2,00
We summarise as follows:
The Offices of BDO Directorship as currently in operation are as follows:
Office
1. CHAIRPERSON & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
2. FINANCE DIRECTOR
3. TOURNAMENTS DIRECTOR
4. PLAYERS DIRECTOR
5. MEMBERSHIPS, STATISTICS & RANKINGS DIRECTOR
6. MERCHANDISING & FUND-RAISING DIRECTOR
These positions to appear on the Ballot sheet
Continued/……..
Office Current situation
1. BDO CHAIRPERSON Position vacant
[By nomination Derek Jacklin has been acting as ‘shadow’ Chairperson since BDO EGM]
2. FINANCE DIRECTOR Position vacant
3. TOURNAMENTS DIRECTOR Position vacant
4. PLAYERS DIRECTOR Derek Jacklin [non-retiring Director]
5. MEMBERSHIPS, STATISTICS & RANKINGS DIRECTOR John Smith [non-retiring Director]
6. MERCHANDISING & FUND-RAISING DIRECTOR Position vacant
In addition to the above it is proposed to create under the current Documentation the Executive Director
positions thus
1. B.I.C.C. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
2. MEN’S PLAYER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
3. LADIES PLAYER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
4. DISCIPLINARY MATTERS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
5. RULES & DOCUMENTATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
These positions will be filled by appointment of personnel agreed by the elected BDO Directors
[Lincolnshire give their recommendations on Page 3]
These positions will be reviewed during the 2018-2019 season and the BDO Directors shall collectively
decide on whether these positions be converted not BDO Directorships and added to the 2019-2020
Directors ballot sheet.
6. VICE CHAIRPERSON
It is further proposed that in order for the Chairman to be able to cover any increased duties then a Vice
Chairperson by appointed to give assistance to the Chairperson as and where necessary
I am given to understand that HAMPSHIRE will be seconder to all proposals
Confirmation of which in on Page 4 of this Document
Yours sincerely
Julie Lambie
Lincolnshire Darts Organisation
To BDO Directors Date 21/7/2018
NOMINATIONS OF BDO DIRECTORS
Further to our proposal for the BDO Management restructuring we would like to supplement this
with the names of personnel that have been nominated as BDO Directors
Position CHAIRPERSON
Name DEREK JACKLIN
BDO Director Proposed by Lincolnshire Seconded by Hampshire
Position FINANCIAL DIRECTOR
Name CATHERINE HANDLEY
Position BDO DIRECTOR - TOURNAMENTS
Name STAN CRUIKSHANKS
Position BDO DIRECTOR - PLAYERS
Name DEREK JACKLIN
BDO Director No proposer or seconder required
Position BDO DIRECTOR - MEMBERSHIPS, STATISTICS & RANKINGS
Name JOHN SMITH
Position BDO DIRECTOR - MERCHANDISING & FUND-RAISING BDO DIRECTOR
Name
BDO Director Proposed by Seconded by
Position BRITISH INTER COUNTIES CHAMPIONSHIPS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name CAROLINE BUCKLEY
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position MEN’S PLAYER - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name GARY STAFFORD
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position LADIES PLAYER - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name LAURA TURNER
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position DISCIPLINARY MATTERS - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name STUART SMITH
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position RULES & DOCUMENTATION - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name FRANK BRANSCOMBE
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position VICE CHAIRPERSON – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name ROBERT MacDOUGALL
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
All nominees have provided letters of acceptance
Yours sincerely
Lincolnshire Darts
Julie Lambie

Here they are
Last edited by oche balboa on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oche posting Des' full home address and mobile number there.

**head in hands**
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He's still peddling the gravy train of directors then.

As for the bit about tournament venues, this is a clear swipe about Lakeside and how much of a dive it is, it's all well and good having "upmarket and well-appointed venues with glitz and glamour" but someone has to pay for them all and at the moment they have an old man who throws them over £300k every January, giving that up voluntarily would be sheer lunacy.

The rest has no real substance, talk is cheap.
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Sounds great to me. I heard this big overseas sports firm were going to invest obscene amounts of money.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Astonvilla wrote:Sounds great to me. I heard this big overseas sports firm were going to invest obscene amounts of money.
Very good :D
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Is there any truth he plans to make every single person in the BDO an executive director of something.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Attempted to tidy it up a bit to make it easier to read:

BDO Membership
BDO Board of Directors
Dear Sirs and Ladies Date 21st July 2018
TAKING THE BDO TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE
As a continuation to the information that I sent out to you all a few weeks ago I have set down in the following pages a little more detail for you to take into consideration.
PUTTING IDEAS FORWARD
I do find myself somewhat concerned in the fact that although I am an elected BDO Director who, by direction of the membership at the recent EGM following a recommendation from the retiring BDO Directors, have been charged with the duty of ‘shadowing’ Sue Williams [the current BDO Chair] through the final weeks of her tenure before she steps down at the 2018 AGM.

Although this has not been the easiest of tasks [reasons for which you will be partially aware and which I will fully explain at the AGM] I have undertaken the duty with enthusiasm and have used the opportunity to further my commitment to bring back the credibility, professionalism, financial stability and forward thinking that our great organisation was once renowned for. With my previous letter and now this current update I am trying to give you all an outline of my vision for the BDO’s future and in my presentation at the AGM I will inform you all of the detail as to exactly where I am with putting that vision into practice - including details of the structure and content of the team that I envisage will be with me in working to take these views, the BDO, its member counties and the playersforward .

I am however concerned at the way I am being ‘railroaded’ into showing my full hand before the AGM and to explain I can only describe as follows: The normal procedure of submitting a proposal on Directorship nomination or a proposal for a change in policies or rules at an AGM has always been that usually a Director nomination or any other proposal would be submitted and seconded by 2 counties and then the county delegates would attend the AGM and vote on what is relayed at the AGM by the proposer as to the full detail of that proposal or to hear from the nominated Director in person a full summary of what he or she can bring to the BDO Board and how he/she sees the future of the BDO and from these submissions the counties can make a fully considered decision.

What we have now is an insistence that I publish a full and detailed breakdown of my proposal before it can be placed on the agenda?
I could perhaps understand this if my proposal was in competition with an alternative but from where I stand at the moment I do not see anyone else with any kind of plan for the future of the BDO? I am a great believer in the democratic processes within the BDO Member County system whereby their delegates are given a mandate by their counties to make in a private meeting the decisions they feel is best for their County and the BDO so why the sudden need to insist that our business be put into the public domain where it can be plagiarised, misinterpreted and probably torn to shreds by some on Social media before it can be debated properly by only those that matter i.e. The members!!

You the counties will have the final decision and all I ask is that I be allowed to present my case to its best advantage to those that will have the task of taking the BDO forward. Before I continue I feel that I ought to fill in a little background on me personally for those who do not know much about me. I have been involved with several businesses over the past 25 years but have been a director of my own businesses for the past 20 years and my background varies from nightclubs/discotheque, café bars and sports bars to property developing (my company owned & funded solely by myself and wife) has built to the present date close to 130 properties and have extensive experience with negotiating 6 figure sums.
As far as sport was concerned I always had a passion for tennis and 25 years ago I made my way through the County ranks however, it was my wife’s talent and passion of darts that drew me in and when she decided to make her darting comeback (after a 15-year layoff) it was only natural that I would support her. My wife started back playing for Lincolnshire in 2007 and by 2012 I became the Lincolnshire Chairman/treasurer and Captain and have taken Lincolnshire from division 2, to division 1, to the premier division and that is where we have stayed ever since. I have introduced a player’s sponsorship scheme where by any Lincolnshire County player is sponsored to attend up to 22 BDO ranking tournaments per year all over the UK and Europe and all paid for by Lincolnshire county, and through my negotiations all Lincolnshire county players and officials have all expenses paid for BICC matches.

My ability to negotiate a deal/contract or communicate with those needed to take the BDO further has never been in doubt, and with the team that I have put together I can assure all members that your company could not be in safer hands.

BDO DIARY
One of the biggest problems the BDO have is the Diary and despite my best efforts this year it hasn’t really improved.
My aim is to attack this issue immediately and would like to see a full calendar published 12 months in advance and I would hope to have this into practice by the end of September 2018 and wherever possible I would like to see a calendar published 3 years in advance for all Special and Major events including all category A+ and A. Tournaments.
As I see it the following are necessities that have to be addressed and implemented:
• The tour players need proper Diary dates that are set in stone
• The players themselves that enter comps need proper advance information,
• The players attending Tournaments overseas need notifying in plenty of time in order to book their flights at a reasonable cost as the longer we leave it the higher the price rises for them.

More/……
SPONSORSHIPS
Despite all the bad publicity received by the BDO of late I have had several meetings with a major overseas sports company who are interested in investing within the BDO, this investment would be across the board, BICC, the professional game, (men’s and ladies) youth and disabled.
The contracts that we negotiate need to cover a longer period of agreement i.e. 24 or 36 months that will give sponsors more continuity for promotion of not only their current brands but also any future product launches and thereby making a partnership with the BDO more attractive in the long term.

BICC
Hotels - At this moment I am in discussions with two major hotel chains who have shown strong interest in being the preferred hotel chain for the BDO. A system could be put together where any County would be able to call the number provided and using a unique code book as many rooms as needed for that particular weekend.
Reducing Costs - One of the single biggest issues for most County delegates is that of County costs, we are working on a scheme to include the above investor to cut County costs, and as I have asked the BDO accountants to get the accounts ready for the AGM there will hopefully no real need to have the November delegates meeting. Other reasons for not having the November meeting are a saving for the BDO on room hire and hotel rooms for officials, a saving for the Counties on travels and room costs but
perhaps the biggest reason would be if my overall proposal receives a favourable vote, the new directors will not have had enough time in office to produce any real talking point only 12 weeks after starting their new post. I cannot stress to you all enough how important it is to me to try and help every County achieve what it needs to become a more successful and profitable county and with this in mind I will always be
on hand to help any county or individual with any issue no matter its importance. - all questions will be answered.

Fundraising - I also have some good strong and proven fundraising ideas for Counties who wish to try them in order to generate the income that is so desperately needed
BDO Flagship - The BICC is the BDO Flagship and as such I intend to form a pro-active team of Regional Directors and county representatives to work alongside the BDO BICC Director in order to revitalise this most crucial of Events that is the BDO’s shop-window to all aspiring players.

TOURNAMENT VENUES
One of our most embarrassing issues is the sort of venue we choose, I’m looking at more upmarket and well-appointed venues with glitz and glamour in easily accessible areas of the Country, after all we are the BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION and should try and lead by example, I have already negotiated several great venues to replace existing ones along with new competitions with high incentive sponsorship.

LIBERATING THE BDO
I believe that over the past few years the Counties and Countries working within the BDO system have become so disenfranchised that our brand has hit an all-time low with no real way forward, no plan and therefore no real opportunity to execute any kind of change. What is needed is something radical that will enhance our identity whilst not sacrificing our objectives and one that will bring us into line with every
other successful business in the land.

The BDO needs liberating from the constraints that are holding us back It is imperative the BDO work closely with all other organisations and Countries and not have this wall
built up around a few directors that make decisions at the expense of our company, and I’d like to point out right now that if my proposal receives a favourable decision at the AGM, then I as the Chairman will actually have less power and decision making than what is current, but that is how it should be if or company is to have a chance at being successful.

There are so many areas within the BDO that need tackling and of course I cannot be 100% sure that we are going to be totally successful. However, as a good starting point the team that I have put together are quite simply some of the best at what they do and together we will endeavour to do our utmost to get the BDO back to where it needs to be to survive in a modern world.
It is of prime importance to the BDO that we have the strengths of England Darts, Scotland Darts Association and Wales Darts Organisation on board as their success is vital to the well-being of the BDO and I intend to seek full collaboration with each as a means of taking us all forward.
The future for the BDO is in your hands, we are at a fork in the road and we need some strong decision making, we are either facing even darker times with no prospects of improvement or a surprisingly brighter future, give me and the team surrounding me a chance and the BDO stands a really good chance of coming out the other side, from where I’m standing the only person with his head on the block is me
and as I really believe in the BDO I am more than willing to accept the challenges ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I really hope for your support in August, your Company is
counting on you making the right choices.
Yours most sincerely - Des Jacklin

To BDO Directors
For distribution to BDO Member Counties Date: 21/7/2018
Dear Sirs and Ladies
Further to presentations made at the BDO EGO of 29th April 2018 and further communications relayed by the BDO Director Des Jacklin on his vision or the future of the BDO Lincolnshire would like to submit the following proposals for consideration by the BDO Membership at the 2018 BDO Annual General Meeting.

HAMPSHIRE will be seconding these proposals [See Page 4]
Re: TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF DIRECTORS
PROPOSAL ONE
To increase the number of Directors to at least 12 of a maximum of 20
Ref: BDO Documentation –
BDO Website/Rules - Volume One -Handbook Vol 1 – Section F - Directors – Page 2 – Clause 1.4a
This proposal requires a change to Clause 1.4a as follows
Current Clause:
 At the present time the number of BDO Directors to be elected is SIX.
Revised to read:
 At the present time the number of BDO Directors to be elected to a number of TWELVE.

PROPOSAL TWO
To initiate the process of compliance with Proposal One
It is fully appreciated that the process of increasing the number of Directors cannot be brought into immediate effect due to the election process that must be followed for the 2018 AGM elections purely because counties will have had no opportunity to nominate Directors to fill the extra vacancies that the proposal would create
However, in order to support and take forward the implementation of the forementioned vision for the future laid it is essential that changes need to be made and for this we would look to the Management structure of the BDO Directors under the BDO Management Structure rules currently in existence i.e.
BDO Website/Rules - Volume One - Handbook Vol 1 – Section F - Directors – Section 2,00
We summarise as follows:
The Offices of BDO Directorship as currently in operation are as follows:
Office
1. CHAIRPERSON & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
2. FINANCE DIRECTOR
3. TOURNAMENTS DIRECTOR
4. PLAYERS DIRECTOR
5. MEMBERSHIPS, STATISTICS & RANKINGS DIRECTOR
6. MERCHANDISING & FUND-RAISING DIRECTOR
These positions to appear on the Ballot sheet
Continued/……..
Office Current situation
1. BDO CHAIRPERSON Position vacant
[By nomination Derek Jacklin has been acting as ‘shadow’ Chairperson since BDO EGM]
2. FINANCE DIRECTOR Position vacant
3. TOURNAMENTS DIRECTOR Position vacant
4. PLAYERS DIRECTOR Derek Jacklin [non-retiring Director]
5. MEMBERSHIPS, STATISTICS & RANKINGS DIRECTOR John Smith [non-retiring Director]
6. MERCHANDISING & FUND-RAISING DIRECTOR Position vacant
In addition to the above it is proposed to create under the current Documentation the Executive Director
positions thus
1. B.I.C.C. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
2. MEN’S PLAYER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
3. LADIES PLAYER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
4. DISCIPLINARY MATTERS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
5. RULES & DOCUMENTATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
These positions will be filled by appointment of personnel agreed by the elected BDO Directors
[Lincolnshire give their recommendations on Page 3]
These positions will be reviewed during the 2018-2019 season and the BDO Directors shall collectively decide on whether these positions be converted not BDO Directorships and added to the 2019-2020
Directors ballot sheet.
6. VICE CHAIRPERSON
It is further proposed that in order for the Chairman to be able to cover any increased duties then a Vice Chairperson by appointed to give assistance to the Chairperson as and where necessary.
I am given to understand that HAMPSHIRE will be seconder to all proposals
Confirmation of which in on Page 4 of this Document
Yours sincerely
Julie Lambie
Lincolnshire Darts Organisation

To BDO Directors Date 21/7/2018
NOMINATIONS OF BDO DIRECTORS
Further to our proposal for the BDO Management restructuring we would like to supplement this with the names of personnel that have been nominated as BDO Directors
Position CHAIRPERSON
Name DEREK JACKLIN
Position FINANCIAL DIRECTOR
Name CATHERINE HANDLEY
Position BDO DIRECTOR - TOURNAMENTS
Name STAN CRUIKSHANKS
Position BDO DIRECTOR - PLAYERS
Name DEREK JACKLIN
Position BDO DIRECTOR - MEMBERSHIPS, STATISTICS & RANKINGS
Name JOHN SMITH
Position BDO DIRECTOR - MERCHANDISING & FUND-RAISING BDO DIRECTOR
Name
BDO Director Proposed by Seconded by
Position BRITISH INTER COUNTIES CHAMPIONSHIPS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name CAROLINE BUCKLEY
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position MEN’S PLAYER - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name GARY STAFFORD
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position LADIES PLAYER - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name LAURA TURNER
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position DISCIPLINARY MATTERS - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name STUART SMITH
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position RULES & DOCUMENTATION - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name FRANK BRANSCOMBE
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
Position VICE CHAIRPERSON – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Name ROBERT MacDOUGALL
Executive
Director
Recommended Lincolnshire
All nominees have provided letters of acceptance
Yours sincerely
Lincolnshire Darts
Julie Lambie
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

To quote the Pythons:

Well, blessed is just about everyone with a vested interest in the status quo, as far as I can tell, Reg.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

I think the county’s will want more meat on the bone so to speak.

I’m sure they will be asking who his team is if Des does not announce this at the AGM.

I agree and don’t know anyone else that doesn’t think the BICC and top end of the game should be split and have a separate board for decisions.

Have heard Roger has threw his name in for the Big role but I’m guessing that this will be made Public like Des’s proposal has
JFT97
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

What a load of meaningless nonsense taken straight out of the David Brent book of Middle Management. Anyone who votes for Jacklin based on a load of crap like that needs shooting. Add to that the Mans track record of strops, threats and intimidation then it's amazing he has the audacity to put his name forward.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Mr Orange wrote:What a load of meaningless nonsense taken straight out of the David Brent book of Middle Management. Anyone who votes for Jacklin based on a load of crap like that needs shooting. Add to that the Mans track record of strops, threats and intimidation then it's amazing he has the audacity to put his name forward.
Has to be 50% of counties voting for him to be in place.

If he don’t get 50% he don’t get the position, Question then is, Do the Williams stay in charge as I have a sneaky feeling they won’t quit or do they then have to have another meeting to appoint people.

Also does anyone know, If you have to be in a current board position with a county to go for a BDO board position. If you do, do they have to be in a position now. Or is it within a certain time frame
JFT97
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Does any of this really sound any different to deluxes plan last year

Or sportotals plan that I sat through in Rotherham with the rest of the bdo players

Or the original plan when everyone in the bdo decided to oust olly

A few points

No way are venues going to be able to agree to 3 or 4 year plans, the pdc doesn’t even release the next years calendar until 6 months before

It’s alright saying you have a major foreign sports company willing to invest but it’s business talk for “ we could maybe find some investors in the future”

Also the hotel partnership is no different to what deluxe was doing any company can right Travelodge or premier inn and work a company deal to get 10% off a booking
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Mr Orange wrote:What a load of meaningless nonsense taken straight out of the David Brent book of Middle Management. Anyone who votes for Jacklin based on a load of crap like that needs shooting. Add to that the Mans track record of strops, threats and intimidation then it's amazing he has the audacity to put his name forward.
Has to be 50% of counties voting for him to be in place.

If he don’t get 50% he don’t get the position, Question then is, Do the Williams stay in charge as I have a sneaky feeling they won’t quit or do they then have to have another meeting to appoint people.

Also does anyone know, If you have to be in a current board position with a county to go for a BDO board position. If you do, do they have to be in a position now. Or is it within a certain time frame

I see nothing in the rules stating BDO directors have to be an existing county board member. Paul and Barry Chuckle could be elected if they were proposed, seconded and received 50% of the votes.
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Does any of this really sound any different to deluxes plan last year

Or sportotals plan that I sat through in Rotherham with the rest of the bdo players

Or the original plan when everyone in the bdo decided to oust olly

A few points

No way are venues going to be able to agree to 3 or 4 year plans, the pdc doesn’t even release the next years calendar until 6 months before

It’s alright saying you have a major foreign sports company willing to invest but it’s business talk for “ we could maybe find some investors in the future”

Also the hotel partnership is no different to what deluxe was doing any company can right Travelodge or premier inn and work a company deal to get 10% off a booking
The AGM is going to be utter chaos.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

"The BICC is the BDO Flagship" - So why cater for the "top end" who have an alternative at all?
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

If you fly a delegate in from Scotland from a county that has never attended a BDO meeting and put them up in a hotel and pay for their meals and drinks is it bribery?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

I support Des Jacklin
UKDA 4 Life