World Championship Women's Qualifiers Nov 17 & 25

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bag Carrier
County Player

Re: World Championship Women's Qualifiers Nov 17 & 25

Post by Bag Carrier »

ChrisW wrote:I imagine both Italian and Czech will suffer with entries.
Italian Masters had 53 ladies last year. Deta won it.
Czech Open had 136 ladies.
What I read was that 1 UK lady at the Italian event last year.

Czech may loose 20 players Max.

I think the UK and Ireland playoffs will have a bigger turnout than the Rest of the World ones. I expect a fair few from Japan.
JFT97
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Bag Carrier wrote:

I think the UK and Ireland playoffs will have a bigger turnout than the Rest of the World ones. I expect a fair few from Japan.
..and at least one swiss (russian) player will travel to Düsseldorf.. :headbang:
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

bukowski wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

..and at least one swiss (russian) player will travel to Düsseldorf.. :headbang:
I believe she will have to play under Russia from what I read earlier somewhere.
JFT97
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Bag Carrier wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

I believe she will have to play under Russia from what I read earlier somewhere.
she have a swiss passport

if you have more nationaliys you have to choose before you enter... i had to make the same decision last year at th qualifying school because im swiss/german...
Last edited by bukowski on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

bukowski wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Ana has English also but plays under Russia her Birth country. I read something before about Thomas playing BDO/WDF under Swiss but has to play PDC under Germany
JFT97
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Bag Carrier wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Ana has English also but plays under Russia her Birth country. I read something before about Thomas playing BDO/WDF under Swiss but has to play PDC under Germany
because he have no swiss nationality...and our federation dont care about nationality, like the WDF rules which says, after 3 years you can play for another country
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

What about travel and hotels in MK? I think some think they should be free too!

Is the feeling that if numbers do back this, they may start a separate women's tour as well?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
markymark wrote:One Fanatic moaning it clashes with the Czech Open. You can't make this stuff up.
you will always get some people finding an excuse.

This to me is a no brainer.

Some of these women travel all year for a place at Lakeside or a place in the Playoffs costing them thousands.

here they are "BEING GIVEN" the chance to earn minimum £7k for free and some still find fault with it. That £7k in reality will be turned into another £10/£20/£30k with sponsors, Demo's, Appearances and media duties if they have the right people behind them.

I already have a feeling a few women wont go, to show there loyalty to the BDO and the New Chairman, Also the chance to go to the events they clash with and nick a few quid and some ranking points in depleted fields.

If the women don't back these events this time, I feel its GAME OVER for Ladies darts as the is the one time they can make a difference with there feet and attend the event. Who knows if there is 64-100 people present at the qualifiers, There may well be a few tour dates thrown in for next year. :darts
Numbers might struggle because not many women will think they have a chance if the big guns go for it. Only 5 different players have won the 25 ranking events with the strongest fields so far this year...realistically fewer than 10 players have a chance of qualifying
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Free entry what have you got to lose
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote:Free entry what have you got to lose
They didn't mention that yet :)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The experience alone has got to be worth it. A bit of transport cost to see how the pdc run an event. I will be amazed if numbers are low (less than 50?).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
markymark wrote:One Fanatic moaning it clashes with the Czech Open. You can't make this stuff up.
you will always get some people finding an excuse.

This to me is a no brainer.

Some of these women travel all year for a place at Lakeside or a place in the Playoffs costing them thousands.

here they are "BEING GIVEN" the chance to earn minimum £7k for free and some still find fault with it. That £7k in reality will be turned into another £10/£20/£30k with sponsors, Demo's, Appearances and media duties if they have the right people behind them.

I already have a feeling a few women wont go, to show there loyalty to the BDO and the New Chairman, Also the chance to go to the events they clash with and nick a few quid and some ranking points in depleted fields.

If the women don't back these events this time, I feel its GAME OVER for Ladies darts as the is the one time they can make a difference with there feet and attend the event. Who knows if there is 64-100 people present at the qualifiers, There may well be a few tour dates thrown in for next year. :darts
Numbers might struggle because not many women will think they have a chance if the big guns go for it. Only 5 different players have won the 25 ranking events with the strongest fields so far this year...realistically fewer than 10 players have a chance of qualifying
how many of those ranking events have been unseeded? I am guessing none. Okay, to win, you still have to beat a good player but with a good draw a player might find themselves in the latter end of the event.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

markymark wrote:What about travel and hotels in MK? I think some think they should be free too!

Is the feeling that if numbers do back this, they may start a separate women's tour as well?
There could be, imo , 3 reasons the pdc are doing this:

To cover all bases in getting recognition as main governing body of darts in UK.

Extra publicity.

testing the waters with a view to launching something for the ladies if these 2 events are well attended.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

devosteve wrote:
The experience alone has got to be worth it. A bit of transport cost to see how the pdc run an event. I will be amazed if numbers are low (less than 50?).
You consider 50 ok for a World Championship qualifier?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

If the women don't support this en mass they don't deserve to have any progression in their tour both structurally and financially.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Addicks Fan wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Just throwing a figure out. What do you think would be low: 100? 75? 50?

But whatever figure the pdc have set if it is low then I think the pdc may reconsider any thoughts of some kind of tour.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Just throwing a figure out. What do you think would be low: 100? 75? 50?

But whatever figure the pdc have set if it is low then I think the pdc may reconsider any thoughts of some kind of tour.
Can anyone remember how many played in the 20? qualifiers in 2010 for the WC the PDC held?
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

nikkiboy wrote:If the women don't support this en mass they don't deserve to have any progression in their tour both structurally and financially.
100% correct my friend
But we all know that you can count on 1 hand who has a chance of winning this. & imo only 1lady could hold there own against the men. & to be fair I think there will all struggle over a 5 set match. Best of 9 legs then mayb they might cause an upset. Has said before I think the turn out will be low. On the basis the lady’s won’t turn up knowing they have no chance. I wud say 30-40 at most.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

masticman wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:If the women don't support this en mass they don't deserve to have any progression in their tour both structurally and financially.
100% correct my friend
But we all know that you can count on 1 hand who has a chance of winning this. & imo only 1lady could hold there own against the men. & to be fair I think there will all struggle over a 5 set match. Best of 9 legs then mayb they might cause an upset. Has said before I think the turn out will be low. On the basis the lady’s won’t turn up knowing they have no chance. I wud say 30-40 at most.
If you end up bring correct then ladies darts is doomed re the pdc. What more would they want? Unseeded so lisa could draw deta in Rd 1. Free entry! Apart from travel costs what is there to lose? A Saturday afternoon!

But what is there to gain? A chance to go far. The experience of playing in a pdc run event. And a possibility that by attending they could be contributing to the development of ladies darts in the pdc.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

masticman wrote: On the basis the lady’s won’t turn up knowing they have no chance. I wud say 30-40 at most.
There are probably around 700 ladies who play County Darts so anything less than a 100 must be considered a failure.

I suspect , as its more than possible, there are more than 1 or 2 ladies out there unknown who are capable of doing a female Rob Cross