Finnish Open RIP

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Master
Superleague Player

Re: Finnish Open RIP

Post by The Master »

el_ringo wrote:I often see a 'clash' of some sort given as a common excuse for an event failing in the amateur darts world is just really fake news. There just can't be a mass of local people who would travel from either Lithuania or Wales to play in Finland if their local events didn't exist. The mass numbers come from local players if a tournament is failing to attract the local dart players then this is a fault of the local promoter not the lack of a travelling BDO mass.
+1
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Finnish Open RIP

Post by Addicks Fan »

el_ringo wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Finnish Open clashed with the Lithuanian Open weekend and Welsh Open and World Trophy qualifiers. Not surprising that numbers weren't great.
Surely this is only relevant if you were in the situation of chasing desperately needed last minute points to qualify for Lakeside or similar. I often see a 'clash' of some sort given as a common excuse for an event failing in the amateur darts world is just really fake news. There just can't be a mass of local people who would travel from either Lithuania or Wales to play in Finland if their local events didn't exist. The mass numbers come from local players if a tournament is failing to attract the local dart players then this is a fault of the local promoter not the lack of a travelling BDO mass.
Addicks Fan wrote:Still a muddled situation - Slovak Open added, Czech Open upgraded, Italian Masters upgraded and new event added, RoI Open next year. It will take years to sort out properly
Go to a money list and it will sort itself in 1 year. The promoters who offer decent prize money will get the fields the others will wither and die.
I'm sure that some Baltic players would have played in Finland if they didn't have a double-header on their own doorstep. To have four ranking tournaments on the same weekend for the same region is just daft! And I agree its not the main reason, but it probably didn't help.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk