World Masters 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: World Masters 2018

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:Waites has a point but probably not the best way to go about dealing with it. As for ref asking what he should do about it....erm, actually be a ref and make a decision?

What else could he have done? He won the set (didn't do it after losing the first set) and went straight to the ref.

Interesting that Parletti doesn't say much!
Don't think anyone could complain where there is no raised oche, the issue is that Parletti throws from well over to the right past the oche. Scott waited until after the set had finished, fair play but the ref needs to refer it to a second official to monitor.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:You mean ask Parletti not Waites??
Well yes of course, ask Parletti to stop doing it.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:You mean ask Parletti not Waites??
Well yes of course, ask Parletti to stop doing it.

Well I thought that's what you meant but you said Waites could have done it differently so thought you were talking about him!
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:Waites has a point but probably not the best way to go about dealing with it. As for ref asking what he should do about it....erm, actually be a ref and make a decision?

What else could he have done? He won the set (didn't do it after losing the first set) and went straight to the ref.

Interesting that Parletti doesn't say much!
Don't think anyone could complain where there is no raised oche, the issue is that Parletti throws from well over to the right past the oche. Scott waited until after the set had finished, fair play but the ref needs to refer it to a second official to monitor.

There must have been a raised oche, just perhaps not that big or long??

Yes the ref should have done a bit more there.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

If Parletti did fall over a raised oche, I'm sure he could raise thousands to pay his medical bills somehow.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Even with raised oche's I have come across players at many comps that will still put their foot onto the oche instead of leaning against it or putting their toe to it, I could understand Waites having a moan if Parletti was standing to the side of the oche and was perhaps beyond the line but does it really give a player any advantage anyways?
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

daveboygreen wrote:Even with raised oche's I have come across players at many comps that will still put their foot onto the oche instead of leaning against it or putting their toe to it, I could understand Waites having a moan if Parletti was standing to the side of the oche and was perhaps beyond the line but does it really give a player any advantage anyways?

Yep, I've played players who actually put their foot on the raised oche, then squashed the top of their shoe so technically their 'foot' is behind the oche but the top of the shoe is on the top of the oche. Is that actually allowed?? I've never questioned it but surely the 'foot' includes the footwear used??

Whether it gains an advantage or not is by the by, if it's not allowed then it ain't allowed!

I'm not sure in this case whether it was this that was the problem or if the foot was standing past the raised oche to the side??
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

DavidB wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:Even with raised oche's I have come across players at many comps that will still put their foot onto the oche instead of leaning against it or putting their toe to it, I could understand Waites having a moan if Parletti was standing to the side of the oche and was perhaps beyond the line but does it really give a player any advantage anyways?

Yep, I've played players who actually put their foot on the raised oche, then squashed the top of their shoe so technically their 'foot' is behind the oche but the top of the shoe is on the top of the oche. Is that actually allowed?? I've never questioned it but surely the 'foot' includes the footwear used??

Whether it gains an advantage or not is by the by, if it's not allowed then it ain't allowed!

I'm not sure in this case whether it was this that was the problem or if the foot was standing past the raised oche to the side??

I always and have thought that the rule is Toe to the oche, Anything beyond that should not be allowed
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rab Butler or Ricgard Ashowdown wouldnt have stood there like lemons doing nothing about it.
Big Jock Knew
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Ginge wrote:Rab Butler or Ricgard Ashowdown wouldnt have stood there like lemons doing nothing about it.
Little Bitchard has done in the past!!