Headlong into the trap, there
And a poorly baited one at that.
Shameful.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:???
You fell into his clever "make up a URL" trap, you buffoon.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by oche balboa »

haha Nikki
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

haha Nikki

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Hilarious
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Hilarious
You didn't suspect someone with a history of doing similar on here had done it again?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Hilarious
You didn't suspect someone with a history of doing similar on here had done it again?
For a tiny moment I credited Oche with a small amount of credibility, a mistake that will never be repeated.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Nikkiboy got his arse handed to him

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

FFS Nick!
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

BlueSpark wrote:Asking the Lakeside regulars to traipse to London and weigh out for hotel prices there for the duration is not going to go down well.
That being said, at some point they will have to move away. Hopefully by then, their stock will have improved, maybe have a TV deal and decent sponsor(s).
The current prize payout structure is not close to being sustainable without any of that.
Maybe the bdo have come to the conclusion that it is time to no longer just aim at the lakeside regulars? Maybe they now want the once despised PDC crowd?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

devosteve wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Asking the Lakeside regulars to traipse to London and weigh out for hotel prices there for the duration is not going to go down well.
That being said, at some point they will have to move away. Hopefully by then, their stock will have improved, maybe have a TV deal and decent sponsor(s).
The current prize payout structure is not close to being sustainable without any of that.
Maybe the bdo have come to the conclusion that it is time to no longer just aim at the lakeside regulars? Maybe they now want the once despised PDC crowd?
I would love to hear the Toure Song at Lakeside :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside, I do like the 404 message: "Head over to British Darts Organisation to choose a new direction".

The PDC?
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

devosteve wrote:
But surely part of the problem is that the "Lakeside regulars" are all they've really got?
We've seen what happens when they take "majors" to other venues. We all remember how the WDT final got on at the box office compared to the Welsh ballet version of Cindarella which was on next door on the same night. It was just plain embarrassing.

The simple fact is, they've rested on their laurels for years now safe in the knowledge Lakeside would be a near-as-damn-it sell out, it would be on TV somewhere, and Bob would stump up the prize money.
Now that particular house of cards has started to tumble, and they've got nowhere to turn.
They had years to cultivate the next generation of "Fanatics" and didn't do a tap because they ludicrously believed the golden goose would go on shitting out eggs for ever.
As has been said countless times previously, it has to stay at Lakeside, despite that venue being world leading only in it's decrepitude, simply because the regulars have shown they won't go anywhere else.
None of this is a problem of Des' making, but he's yet to show he has the first clue how to do anything about it.

It's highly debatable the BDO would ever want the PDC crowd, but if they did it's currently a very safe bet the PDC crowd want nothing to do with the BDO, and it will take a long time to change that. An amount of time the BDO may not actually have.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Re the O2. Wayne D reckons they could sell tickets. He got 1,000 coming to a darts exbo. With the expert team that they have he says it will do well.

Maybe the wdt and the masters flopped (crowd wise) primarily because of chronic promotion?

What is clear is that the bdo b I oars have been put in contact with the O2 folk. I reckon des is edging his bets re lakeside. Keeping it there if he cannot get elsewhere. Whilst he tries he doesn't want to lose his back up plan of lakeside.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hes an idiot, does he really think an exbo crowd is the same as a Lakeside crowd?!?!
Big Jock Knew
The stick
Brass Darts

Post by The stick »

Pardon me if I’m flogging a dead horse here but would Dave not be interested in showing World champs? I can’t think of another channel apart from possibly them that would want to take it on if Bt and 4 are dropping it
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

How did that European event in Blackpool go? The one that wasn't an exbo...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The stick wrote:Pardon me if I’m flogging a dead horse here but would Dave not be interested in showing World champs? I can’t think of another channel apart from possibly them that would want to take it on if Bt and 4 are dropping it
This has been discussed before. The WDT ending up on Dave was, in my opinion, a Frank Warren-inspired fluke that wont be repeated. The fact they didnt hang around to show the WDT the year after tells you all you need to know really.
Big Jock Knew