Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Image
Okay, thanks for that Ben.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Skewball »

Given the volume of posts from Moongoose in this thread I thought I would actually look at his posts for the first time in a long time to see what the fuss was about. The pleasing net result is that I got to spend two mins of my time seeing him get well and try owned.

If he keeps this up I may even take him off ignore.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:Given the volume of posts from Moongoose in this thread I thought I would actually look at his posts for the first time in a long time to see what the fuss was about. The pleasing net result is that I got to spend two mins of my time seeing him get well and try owned.

Absolute bullshit
UKDA 4 Life
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:Something about Muslim grooming gangs, thought it was funny tbh.
Any post becomes offensive when it offends someone, regardless of the majority not being personally offended. And rightly so.
Since when is being offended such a important thing. ?
I hate to break it to you but being offended is part of every day life. You cannot ban everything one finds offensive.

If that were the case, the bdo calling themselves "pros2 would not be allowed as that is offensive to real pros
Boy bands, reality tv offends people, dont see that being outlawed
Getting offended is ok, sadly some people look for stuff to be offended by so gives them an excuse to cry.

What you consider offensive might not be offensive to others.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Any post becomes offensive when it offends someone, regardless of the majority not being personally offended. And rightly so.
Since when is being offended such a important thing. ?
I hate to break it to you but being offended is part of every day life. You cannot ban everything one finds offensive.

If that were the case, the bdo calling themselves "pros2 would not be allowed as that is offensive to real pros
Boy bands, reality tv offends people, dont see that being outlawed
Getting offended is ok, sadly some people look for stuff to be offended by so gives them an excuse to cry.

What you consider offensive might not be offensive to others.
I was not expressing my own opinion, but rather the legal implications of offensive remarks made on the internet.

Prior to my current job, I was heavily involved in dealing with potential Employment Tribunal issues, and dealt with some of the best lawyers in the land. I know Employment Law is different, but the definition of what can be considered offensive does not differ dramatically from the legal perspective.

See the link below for something that a lot of ill informed people would not consider offensive, but the offenders were punished by being sent to jail.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/ju ... r-facebook

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Image
The annual darts forum lakeside bukkake party pic.

Good to see mongoose in the middle surrounded by paddy and oche.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Lakeside Darts FB page continuing to ignore everyone who is asking about the ticket release date. Great PR skills.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ssjsa wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:I doubt there was a report.
Just for clarity, your post was reported, as both Nick and Sparky will confirm.

However, in all fairness that post was both racist and offensive and regardless of it being reported or not, I would have edited or deleted it anyway.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by BlueSpark on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post reported
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote:
The problem you have here is the colossal increase in people claiming to be offended.

Whether they are or not. They just have to say they are and that is it. Judge, jury and executioner, the poster is guilty.
That doesn't mean there aren't offensive posts, it's just a horribly grey area.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Skewball wrote:Given the volume of posts from Moongoose in this thread I thought I would actually look at his posts for the first time in a long time to see what the fuss was about. The pleasing net result is that I got to spend two mins of my time seeing him get well and try owned.

"well and try"
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewy is my bitch
UKDA 4 Life
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
The problem you have here is the colossal increase in people claiming to be offended.

Whether they are or not. They just have to say they are and that is it. Judge, jury and executioner, the poster is guilty.
That doesn't mean there aren't offensive posts, it's just a horribly grey area.
Couldn't agree more.
The power to take offence at anything now has to be one of the most forceful (and most abused) powers we have in this country.
It's literally beyond a joke (when did you last hear a joke that was genuinely funny and didn't have the capacity to offend someone somewhere).

But none of that is the fault of the mods on here. They have to tread a very fine line between following the law and allowing us free reign to take the piss.
In my humble opinion they do a cracking job which I wouldn't want to do under any circumstances.
There are always going to be posts modified / deleted that make the vast majority of us think "what the hell was wrong with that?", but the way the law is these days, when it comes to things like this the opinion of the majority counts for nothing.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Phoned Lakeside and spoke to them and they claim they are waiting clearance from the BDO
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Clearance regarding the TV coverage, more than likely.
Big Jock Knew
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Is it not on quest yet
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:Phoned Lakeside and spoke to them and they claim they are waiting clearance from the BDO
I know someone who has spoken to Potter directly and he said specifically a ticket wouldn't be sold until a schedule is confirmed and it cant be confirmed until a TV company comes in and agrees to one.

If they have said to you they are waiting on the BDO then I wonder if they have given up on waiting for a TV company and they are just going ahead with the schedule in the hope a TV company picks it up how it is (and if its Freesports I guess they will just take whatever)
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Lakeside have never had an issue putting tickets out in August. Before the field is ever confirmed let alone a schedule.

There participation in the event seems reliant on there being tv coverage which seems ever increasingly a more distant possibility.

With the fact that the venue, which is key to the event, doesn’t want to commit, will only further scare tv and sponsorship away from the BDO
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The schedule excuse is a red herring. Same number of players and same number of days blocked out on the Lakeside hotel website so no reason why it won't be the same number of sessions on the same days.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:The schedule excuse is a red herring. Same number of players and same number of days blocked out on the Lakeside hotel website so no reason why it won't be the same number of sessions on the same days.
It certainly suggests that ch4/bt is very unlikely. A new tv company could want a different schedule as don't forget the evening sessions midweek did finish quite early and would a new tv company even agree to the same number of days and/or week midday sessions at all? It might need all to be done in the evening midweek- or daytime even !
It tells us that there is lots of uncertainty still in the air
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:The schedule excuse is a red herring. Same number of players and same number of days blocked out on the Lakeside hotel website so no reason why it won't be the same number of sessions on the same days.
It certainly suggests that ch4/bt is very unlikely. A new tv company could want a different schedule as don't forget the evening sessions midweek did finish quite early and would a new tv company even agree to the same number of days and/or week midday sessions at all? It might need all to be done in the evening midweek- or daytime even !
It tells us that there is lots of uncertainty still in the air
I doubt extending it beyond the current 9 days is doable. Hotel will have bookings either side.
Big Jock Knew