Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Ginge »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
So the the question is why do they seed players in the EDO events, surely your not looking after your top "superstars" and anybody should play anybody. It's not like theres an areana packed and with TV waiting for seeds 1 and 2 to play a final in the EDO.
They have to seed the ones that carry Lakeside points. BDO rules.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Ginge wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
So the the question is why do they seed players in the EDO events, surely your not looking after your top "superstars" and anybody should play anybody. It's not like theres an areana packed and with TV waiting for seeds 1 and 2 to play a final in the EDO.
They have to seed the ones that carry Lakeside points. BDO rules.
I know that bit, but why do they need seeds.
Would half of them not turn up if it any BDO,EDO event was unseeded?
Surely seeding was so the highest two ranked players would meet in a tv final and with no TV then whats the point.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

PDC floor events are seeded, so are Lakeside ranking events, dont really see the issue.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

If "90% of the BDO" are going to Q-school as the carpenter predicts, why on earth would you massively hike the entry fee and try to put people off? Just take their money, and if they've not got the ability to have any business being there in the first place, more fool them.

If your concern is too many players at challenge tour weekends, simply add in an extra level of qualifying at Q-school. A "Challenge tour card" if you like, so, for example, maybe the top 256 who don't get a main tour card get exclusive access to the Challenge Tour. That way you can manage the numbers you're getting at Challenge Tour events whilst still coining it from Q-school entries.

Still, if sound financial management and fiscal probity had been Tommy's forte, dear old Irene wouldn't have been able to spend day after day going cross-eyed in front of a fruity.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Ginge wrote:PDC floor events are seeded, so are Lakeside ranking events, dont really see the issue.
The PDC have an end product with people that watch the streams therefore seeding works for them.
Barring the BDO Championship there is no real reason to have seeds in the BDO/EDO events, hence themselves looking after the top 16 players

As far as i know there are no seeds in the Challenge Tour and it's brutal but they keep turning up.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Ginge wrote:PDC floor events are seeded, so are Lakeside ranking events, dont really see the issue.
Barring the BDO Championship there is no real reason to have seeds in the BDO/EDO events, hence themselves looking after the top 16 players
The Masters should have remained unseeded, there is no doubt about it.
Where can we tune in to the action?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Someone on the Lakeside Darts FB page asking for info on tickets today, having already booked his hotel :roll:
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Someone on the Lakeside Darts FB page asking for info on tickets today, having already booked his hotel :roll:
Moongoose?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It will be there, I am sure of it
They would be committing suicide by moving it
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Someone on the Lakeside Darts FB page asking for info on tickets today, having already booked his hotel :roll:
Moongoose?
My brother in law has recently moved to Farnborough, so I will be staying there, providing it is on.
He will also be attending the day festivities.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Another update for someone who rang the venue today...
Should anyone feel the need to call Lakeside the latest is after all the cancelled meetings thus far a meeting is scheduled for Friday. Still no confirmation the event will happen
And on and on it goes...
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

What are they playing at?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Lakeside dates and BDO 2019 calendar

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:What are they playing at?
Uncle Des keeps cancelling the meetings.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:Another update for someone who rang the venue today...
Should anyone feel the need to call Lakeside the latest is after all the cancelled meetings thus far a meeting is scheduled for Friday. Still no confirmation the event will happen
And on and on it goes...
Wow, it's going to be the end of September at this rate . That will be 12 weeks to sell a lot of tickets.
This is a new low for the BDO
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:What are they playing at?
Uncle Des keeps cancelling the meetings.
He should be taken to task on this. Especially his disregard of the iconic venue with respect of the event.

A lot will not dispute that the BDO need to come up with an alternative at some point. But to seemingly attempt do it when the BDO are in turmoil is a joke and Des should go for it. Why couldn’t he have just gone with what was already in place. Keep something ticking over as normal. Maybe this was a poisoned chalice from the start but this is turning into a farce and he is the leader now. He seems inept to sort it out while pushing other agendas. This event has to be a priority which it doesn’t look like he has made it.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:"Cost of Qschool will go up", "Barry only interested in the top 16", "chance for BDO to regroup and restrengthen" Only need "get some millionaire businessmen in" and we would have had a full house

Tommy Thompson
I suppose we are all second guessing the next moves from the BDO and Barry Hearn, however in the ruthless world of business, the strongest will prevail. My opinion for what it is worth is that the PDC would not be interested in weakening their market position to accommodate the BDO in anyway. Barry Hearn has a “Closed Shop” on the top players’ contracts concerning when and where they can feature on TV or Internet streaming. Yes there may be a lot more players going to Q-School but there are only so many spots available, I would be surprised if the cost of Q-School doesn’t go up to say around £1,000, the market and state of the BDO would stand this increase and he would get rid of the non-serious competitors, the wannabees, he neither wants nor needs. Does he need 600-700 players at challenge tour events running 4 events a weekend, I don’t think so! Currently running events with these numbers I know it would be an impossible schedule. The Challenge Tour is financially underpinned by other activities within the PDC, to extend the challenge tour considerably, doesn’t make financial sense, as his main priority is the main Tour and probably the top 16 players within that tour.

The BDO is in a very poor position, worse than I can ever remember, however the structure is there to re-build and strengthen, definitely not into the position it has been in the past, but as an alternative for a great deal of darts players not just in the UK, but around the World. However at this moment in time to achieve this is going to be a monumental task, and not the best of starts for the new board. Not pointing the finger at Des as he has inherited the majority of the board who brought the company to its’ knees. We will see, but the clock is definitely ticking.

Hasn't Hearn been on Twitter to confirm no entry increase.

Also I have seen that the PDPA confirmed this also.
JFT97
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:"Cost of Qschool will go up", "Barry only interested in the top 16", "chance for BDO to regroup and restrengthen" Only need "get some millionaire businessmen in" and we would have had a full house

Tommy Thompson
I suppose we are all second guessing the next moves from the BDO and Barry Hearn, however in the ruthless world of business, the strongest will prevail. My opinion for what it is worth is that the PDC would not be interested in weakening their market position to accommodate the BDO in anyway. Barry Hearn has a “Closed Shop” on the top players’ contracts concerning when and where they can feature on TV or Internet streaming. Yes there may be a lot more players going to Q-School but there are only so many spots available, I would be surprised if the cost of Q-School doesn’t go up to say around £1,000, the market and state of the BDO would stand this increase and he would get rid of the non-serious competitors, the wannabees, he neither wants nor needs. Does he need 600-700 players at challenge tour events running 4 events a weekend, I don’t think so! Currently running events with these numbers I know it would be an impossible schedule. The Challenge Tour is financially underpinned by other activities within the PDC, to extend the challenge tour considerably, doesn’t make financial sense, as his main priority is the main Tour and probably the top 16 players within that tour.

The BDO is in a very poor position, worse than I can ever remember, however the structure is there to re-build and strengthen, definitely not into the position it has been in the past, but as an alternative for a great deal of darts players not just in the UK, but around the World. However at this moment in time to achieve this is going to be a monumental task, and not the best of starts for the new board. Not pointing the finger at Des as he has inherited the majority of the board who brought the company to its’ knees. We will see, but the clock is definitely ticking.

Yup apparently it has all come from certain people in lancs

And laughably now it’s been confirmed as staying the same cost I’ve heard people saying this was a ploy from Barry to make it seem like he’s offering something to bdo players when nothing’s changed................despite the fact this whole rumour was made up from people in the bdo!
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Tommy Thompson

Yup apparently it has all come from certain people in lancs

And laughably now it’s been confirmed as staying the same cost I’ve heard people saying this was a ploy from Barry to make it seem like he’s offering something to bdo players when nothing’s changed................despite the fact this whole rumour was made up from people in the bdo!
I heard it from Lancs players few weeks back, and investigated and was told day before Q school dates were announced that the PDC fee was staying the same. there is still a question mark over the PDPA fee which is currently £50
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Has anyone corrected TT on his utter tripe yet then?
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So that's why half the people that came back from Wigan Challenge Tour saying it would be a £1000 to enter Q-School ,so it's a bunch of whiney Lancashire officials trying to spread stuff again.
He talks about the need for change once again but then thinks they would run a 4 challenge tours on a weekend with 600/700 players not thinking the PDC could reorganise the Challenge Tour faster than the BDO could put up a website.
It's all nonsense anyway. There obviously aren't anywhere near 600 players who are ready to shell out £1000 in CT entry fees and probably the same amount for travel each season without being good enough to make back a significant amount of that in prize money. Heck, there aren't anywhere near 600 players who are playing 5+ BDO/EDO tournament weekends in a year either, despite the lower costs and easier level of play.