nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:On a serious note I do hope he gets a say in what happens to the money (given he earned it), or it is held in trust until he is older.
Why? these kids cost money to run you know, 'make the final son and you can have anything you want from the pound store'
So you think a 12 year old child has to earn £1k in a darts event to earn his keep?

Don't be silly.
I am a bit concerned about whether a 12 year old should be competing in pubs with adults for that kind of money in the first place tbh but it's his dad's decision to allow him to play ergo it's his dad's decision what happens to the money.
You numpty. The kid earned it, it's his money.
The kid is underage, it is his dad's money.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Why? these kids cost money to run you know, 'make the final son and you can have anything you want from the pound store'
So you think a 12 year old child has to earn £1k in a darts event to earn his keep?

Don't be silly.
I am a bit concerned about whether a 12 year old should be competing in pubs with adults for that kind of money in the first place tbh but it's his dad's decision to allow him to play ergo it's his dad's decision what happens to the money.
Underage to earn money in a competition? Link to the relevant legislation, please.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:So you think a 12 year old child has to earn £1k in a darts event to earn his keep?

Don't be silly.
Underage to earn money in a competition? Link to the relevant legislation, please.
The child cannot have his own bank account until he's 16 (I think) until that age there must be a guardian on the account, it is illegal for a child under 13 to work at all (certain exemptions) so therefore he cannot have 'earned' it as you state because that is illegal. Even a child of 13 or over is restricted to just 2 hours of work on a Sunday. What time did he get there and what time did he win? Shaky ground claiming he earned it as umpteen laws would have been broken.
Until he is 16 it is his parent's money and their decision what happens to it, simples.
Ginge
International

Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by Ginge »

Hmm.

Weren't you slagging off darts organisations for giving kids holiday vouchers rather than cash the other week?

As for your comments about him earning that money being illegal, I assume you will be reporting Cambridgeshire Darts to the authorities? :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:A kid can't have a bank account until he is 16?

Well that's utter bull Nick as I had a Yorkshire Bank one when I was in bloody primary school!
With the permission and signature of a guardian, yes.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yes I deleted that as I didn't read your post properly.

Can you comment on my edited post please?
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

nikkiboy wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Why? these kids cost money to run you know, 'make the final son and you can have anything you want from the pound store'
With a bit of luck, his dad will join here and win him some darts for his next birthday.
We could see if DBG fancies a cash game....
He'd find reasons to give it a swerve, with the kid having got to more finals than he ever has!
I'll have to check on the Dave Boy Green discussion forum to see if he's made any more finals this week.
Maybe give poor aul Moochie a sympathy bump while you're there.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Hmm.

Weren't you slagging off darts organisations for giving kids holiday vouchers rather than cash the other week?

As for your comments about him earning that money being illegal, I assume you will be reporting Cambridgeshire Darts to the authorities? :D
This is the issue with kids entering adult competitions, if he's good enough he's old enough - absolutely but the legality of it is a bit hazy because it was an adult tournament.

I say good luck to the kid but am just pointing out to you that a: he cnnot legally have earned the money and b: his guardians control all his money as he is only 12.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Anyone?
^^^^^ Also, this. :D
If this is in reference my post I will explain my, yes, lame joke.

The purists, the 'proper' dart players, the loyalists, often claim that hearn and the pdc have ruined darts.

bad behaviour with the fans; all the fault of the premier league (ignoring the fact I have seen a guy grab a lady player and give her a kiss on the lips as she walked on to play at a WDT ).

A player over celebrates in a pub, well that is all down to mvg and others, for over celebrating (as encouraged by hearn and the pdc).

and this lad. It's not his fault if he at times has played antics. Or if his dad has/does (from what is posted on here). He seen it on the telly. And thus by the law of averages he has seen it watching pdc on the telly and they, and by default, hearn is to blame.

I am sure paddy will agree with this.
Last edited by devosteve on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So you would have no issue with parents using their child to win cash for then to use on mundane things like household bills and mortgage payments.

Hope you never have kids, you would be s horrible father :D
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Anyone?
^^^^^ Also, this. :D
If this is in reference my post I will explain my, yes, lame joke.

The purists, the 'proper' dart p let ayers, the loyalists often claim that hearn and the pdc have ruined darts.

bad behaviour with the fans, all the fault of the premier league (ignoring the fact I have seen a guy grab a lady player and give her a kiss on the lips as she walked on to play at a WDT ).

A player over celebrates in a pub, well that is all down to mvg and others, for over celebrating (as encouraged by hearn and the pdc).

and this lad. It's not his fault if he at times has played antics. Or if his dad has/does (from what is posted on here). He seen it on the telly. And thus by the law of averages he has seen it watching pdc on the telly and they, and by default, hearn is to blame.

I am sure paddy will agree with this.
He was taking the piss out of a typo you made, mate. Hope this helps.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:So you would have no issue with parents using their child to win cash for then to use on mundane things like household bills and mortgage payments.

Whether I have issue with it or not was not the point, if I were the dad I'd set up a fund to pay for his entries, costs etc. and pay all winnings into the same fund. The kid gets full access when he's 16 to whatever funds are in there.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

nikkiboy wrote:

This is the issue with kids entering adult competitions, if he's good enough he's old enough - absolutely but the legality of it is a bit hazy because it was an adult tournament.

I say good luck to the kid but am just pointing out to you that a: he cnnot legally have earned the money and b: his guardians control all his money as he is only 12.
Nikki if you think the money belongs to the parent based solely on the "under 16, living at home , not entitled to a bank account" reason.
Then you must also admit the father by that same law could be done for child exploitation since he is using a minor to support his income.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:So you would have no issue with parents using their child to win cash for then to use on mundane things like household bills and mortgage payments.

Whether I have issue with it or not was not the point, if I were the dad I'd set up a fund to pay for his entries, costs etc. and pay all winnings into the same fund. The kid gets full access when he's 16 to whatever funds are in there.
So one of my original suggestions then? Phew, we agree after all that.
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

At least the restrictions on playing in the BDO and Lakeside should protect Durrants earnings for a few years.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Garry Murphy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Nikki if you think the money belongs to the parent based solely on the "under 16, living at home , not entitled to a bank account" reason.
Then you must also admit the father by that same law could be done for child exploitation since he is using a minor to support his income.
Legally the kid is under the control of the parents which includes his money, for the second bit someone could argue just that and if he forces the child to work it is illegal as he's only 12 and worked more than two hours on a Sunday.

In reality it's a dad taking a kid to do what the kid wants to do, good luck to both of them it sounds like the kid is a real talent, you don't beat Ricky Evans by being lucky.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Legally the kid is under the control of the parents which includes his money, for the second bit someone could argue just that and if he forces the child to work it is illegal as he's only 12 and worked more than two hours on a Sunday.

In reality it's a dad taking a kid to do what the kid wants to do, good luck to both of them it sounds like the kid is a real talent, you don't beat Ricky Evans by being lucky.
Serious question but how do we know the kid wants to do it?

Seen many a pushy parent....including my own stepbrother who has his 10 year old child "signed" for Leeds United. My stepmum who knows him better than me is of the opinion he is being rather pushy.

Not saying this is the case here but it does happen.
Last edited by Ginge on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

So one of my original suggestions then? Phew, we agree after all that.
When you and Tom Daley get your surrogate child delivered just give me a shout if you need any of my tips :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Serious question but how do we know the kid wants to do it?

Seen many a pushy parent....including my own stepbrother who has his 10 year old child "signed" for Leeds United. My stepmum who knows him better than me is of the opinion he is being rather pushy.

Not saying this is the case here but it does happen.
If he wasn't enjoying it I doubt he would be winning opens.
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

He loves it.when you speak to him you forget his age which is a big compliment to him.He has his head screwed on for a young lad and I don't think his dad is pushy. Yes he supports him 100% as a dad should but I don't think he is overpowering. He is a good player himself and plays in all the comps that Leighton does so he knows what he is letting the lad get into