Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by Ginge »

whatty180 wrote:He loves it.when you speak to him you forget his age which is a big compliment to him.He has his head screwed on for a young lad and I don't think his dad is pushy. Yes he supports him 100% as a dad should but I don't think he is overpowering. He is a good player himself and plays in all the comps that Leighton does so he knows what he is letting the lad get into
Will the dad be trousering the cash for himself though to cover bed and board? :D
Big Jock Knew
whatty180
Brass Darts

Re: Cambridgeshire Open 2018

Post by whatty180 »

I can't speak for him but if it was me he would be forking out for petrol money and buying me a pint at least :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Good to see moderators aren't immune from having their posts moderated. Excellent work, whoever did it.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Good to see moderators aren't immune from having their posts moderated. Excellent work, whoever did it.
Goddam police state!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Isn’t the whole reason the development tour doesn’t allow under 16s is because of the legal issues with it?

Can’t see a 12 year old being allowed to enter many events
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Can't see the issue myself, it's not gainful employment just a sport or pastime.
Good luck to the young lad.
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

whatty180 wrote:I can't speak for him but if it was me he would be forking out for petrol money and buying me a pint at least :grin:
I know the lads dad well ...one of the most improved players I'd ever seen when he started for Lincs ...going from a 21 ave right up to 28-32 every week in a very short space of time. I know he's been taking the lad to darts for over 5yrs now and encouraged him a lot. And I can imagine how the dad was on Sunday lmao and I doubt the dad will have taken any of the cash and will have let the lad treat himself and use some of it to enter other comps.
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Just watched a video of the final and the dad was a bit out of order ..shouting out and telling a few to f off lol
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Double Flops wrote:Just watched a video of the final and the dad was a bit out of order ..shouting out and telling a few to f off lol
Oh dear. No need for that. Its that Barberan (sp?) fella all over again, his lad ended up telling him to F off didnt he?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Sounds like a lovely bloke
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://dartsnews.com/12-year-old-stuns ... hire-open/

The future seems to be bright if this past weekend’s Cambridgeshire Open is anything to go by with 12 year old Leighton Bennett claiming the title. As well as in the process a £1,000 first prize.
Bennett who last year made history by becoming the youngest player to play for Lincolnshire in a Premier Division game against Devon has done so again.

On the way he saw off Ricky Evans in the semi-finals in a 4-3 win. Then he defeated Development Tour star Rhys Hayden 5-0 in the final.
He hit an 82 average in the final in defeating Hayden and an 81 average in seeing off Evans.
In terms of the Ladies event, Casey Gallagher who is a well known player won the title 4-2 seeing off Deta Hedman in the final.
Also David Pallett, a UK Open semi-finalist this year wired the D18 for a 9-darter in what seemed like a brilliant day of darting action.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Double Flops wrote:Just watched a video of the final and the dad was a bit out of order ..shouting out and telling a few to f off lol

Heard it caused a bit of a stir in the venue. Especially in the final against Rhys
JFT97
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Bag Carrier wrote:

Heard it caused a bit of a stir in the venue. Especially in the final against Rhys
Yeah he was shouting out when Rhys was throwing, Tilley asked for order and he was told to f off lol ....then at the end he jumped on stage and was asked to leave it and told a woman to f off as well.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Where is said video?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Not been cutting and pasting (where is marky when we need him?) from real fanatics as much. But interesting convo re this lad and him not being old enough to play at lakeside.

Apparently in one person's opinion the age limit is because the pros are scared, These kids could beat the PDC pro's, And if they lifted the age restrictions then it would bring new faces in which would result in fresh crowds watching and the BDO returning to it's glory.

Can't be as simple as that.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Ginge wrote:Where is said video?
On a blokes fb page ...Charlie Warrilow
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Double Flops wrote:
Ginge wrote:Where is said video?
On a blokes fb page ...Charlie Warrilow
Not watching all 15 minutes of it but he tells the woman to F off from 13.28 onwards, with some verbals thereafter. What an actual nob.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Not been cutting and pasting (where is marky when we need him?) from real fanatics as much. But interesting convo re this lad and him not being old enough to play at lakeside.

Apparently in one person's opinion the age limit is because the pros are scared, These kids could beat the PDC pro's, And if they lifted the age restrictions then it would bring new faces in which would result in fresh crowds watching and the BDO returning to it's glory.

Can't be as simple as that.
This is exactly the reason, they dont want their top players to be humbled by a kid, they hide behind the sponsorship reason which is total b*llocks given 15 year olds have played in TV snooker events sponsored by gambling companies.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Sounds like a classy guy.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He gets a proper telling off from the woman, fair play to her.
Big Jock Knew