bdo lift all restrictions on players re the pdc.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
London Eye
The Ton Club

Re: bdo lift all restrictions on players re the pdc.

Post by London Eye »

ChrisW wrote:
London Eye wrote:What a pointless rambling announcement. May have just said that anyone not good enough to have a tour card can play BDO events, but hang on, they can already except for a couple of players who signed Lakeside contracts. The 128 tour card holders are prevent by their PDC contracts from playing in non PDC televised or streamed events so they are not affected. So what's the point of this announcement. What's changed?
It means all BDO players can have a crack at Q School without fear of failing.
It also means in Europe there will be a lot of complications :MAD:
BDO players could go to Q school without fear of failing anyway, only those who signed Lakeside contracts where restricted. They may have well have just said the Lakeside contract was now null and void.

What complications can there be in Europe, loads of top ranked European BDO players already play Euro Tours.

I cannot see what has changed here.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

‎Paul James‎ to The Real BDO Fanatics
48 mins ·
In view of bdo announcement today , it raised several issues with me and no doubt other orgs .
So I thought I would put Des’s transparency claims to the test .
Point one was this announcement purely a way to placate the BDO top ladies , Des assured me it wasn’t! the BDO needs a radical change , this idea was first mooted 4 years ago , I remember being at the bdo youth festival at Wolverhampton and discussing the BDO future with the then BDO chairperson ! I suggested a way forward might be to make the BDO completely open , the reply startled me was that you might get what you wish .
At the British Classic at hull arena it was going to be announced ( Tommy Thompson is that true) , at last minute because of some opposition from some players it never happened .
Seemingly this idea has been revisited and it is felt it might re invigorate the BDO and open up sponsor opportunities and hopefully TV .
The ladies qualifier was announced and the top players I know were expecting if they got through to Ally Pally they would be banned from BDO WC have been told this is not so .
With my tour hat on I then asked Des what would protect the Orgs who run a ranked event and streamed it , if say a 128 tour card holder refused to play on a stream ? . The reply was in lieu of a change of pdpa rules the organisers of a streamed event would have the BDO backing if they refused to accept a players entry , the BDO fully accept that other countries have Sponsors to please etc .
Will this work, who knows? All I can say these are our elected board and I presume this is a collective decision , in a utopian society PDC would remove the streaming rule , I doubt very much if that will happen .
Have asked other questions unrelated to this that at this moment can’t be answered because a decision hasn’t been made ! I’m happy that the pledge of the AGM has been honoured to date and no confidential info was given to me ..........although I did ask
I wish the board every success in progressing our Org , whether you agree with this decision or not at least my questions were answered.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

London Eye wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
London Eye wrote:What a pointless rambling announcement. May have just said that anyone not good enough to have a tour card can play BDO events, but hang on, they can already except for a couple of players who signed Lakeside contracts. The 128 tour card holders are prevent by their PDC contracts from playing in non PDC televised or streamed events so they are not affected. So what's the point of this announcement. What's changed?
BDO players could go to Q school without fear of failing anyway, only those who signed Lakeside contracts where restricted. They may have well have just said the Lakeside contract was now null and void.

What complications can there be in Europe, loads of top ranked European BDO players already play Euro Tours.

A PDC tour card holder can enter a BDO event that is not streamed. Perhaps one in their own country?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

this announcement only serves for 2 things.

1. To allow players simply not good enough for a tourcard like tony O Shea to try qualify again for Lakeside
and
2. Take some heat of the bdo before the lakeside debacle starts..

As I said earlier, its just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

ChrisW wrote:
London Eye wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

A PDC tour card holder can enter a BDO event that is not streamed. Perhaps one in their own country?
So a non streamed ranked event that does not clash with a Pro Tour, UK Open Qualifier, Euro Tour or PDC Premier event then. So in actual fact hardly anything. Out of interest, which decent BDO ranked events aren't streamed?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Was about to post Paul James post but already been done.

btw this subject on real fanatics has 173 comments to 38 on original fanatics (where Ross sits on the fence).

Still not a lot of clarity.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

devosteve wrote:Was about to post Paul James post but already been done.

btw this subject on real fanatics has 173 comments to 38 on original fanatics (where Ross sits on the fence).

Ross should sleep easy, hardly anything has changed. It was just an announcement concocted so the Chairmans wife can enter the PDC qualifier.its as simple as that.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

London Eye wrote:

Ross should sleep easy, hardly anything has changed. It was just an announcement concocted so the Chairmans wife can enter the PDC qualifier.its as simple as that.
:DDD:
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

London Eye wrote: Out of interest, which decent BDO ranked events aren't streamed?
At present Lakeside 2019 , not sure about the Masters given Winmau's recent news.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I do find it strange that after years of people calling for this all of a sudden it is a bad thing.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
London Eye wrote: Out of interest, which decent BDO ranked events aren't streamed?
At present Lakeside 2019 , not sure about the Masters given Winmau's recent news.
The rule for players not playing in a BDO event that is streamed is a PDC rule. :roll:
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

57638927-F5F8-49AC-A9AA-75921D867EE1.png
57638927-F5F8-49AC-A9AA-75921D867EE1.png (432.83 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
Glen put this on his twitter account last night the flood gates are opening...
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

can someone please acknowledge chris....lad is desperate
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

This news went on the BDO Facebook page about 3 hours ago.

Four comments, two of which are asking about Lakeside TV coverage and/or tickets. Seems this news is just an attempt at a bit of deflection from the real big issue in the organisation at the minute.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I think it's a good thing as the less restrictions the better I think....not sure it will be over popular with BDO players and in reality won't make much difference....the only thing is a player like Jamie Hughes could still have tried to qualify for lakeside again if he had wanted to...no tour card holders will play BDO streamed events unless the PDC lift their restrictions and I can't see that happening..

It looks like a big announcement..in reality they were force into a corner because of the ladies situation and not a lot will change apart from Lakeside men being able to go to QS without losing anything should they fail..I think the BDO have some much greater challenges ahead
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

London Eye wrote:

Does it not benefit the BDO players you help sponsor?
Spud180
Pub Champion

Post by Spud180 »

Darts for all in the BDO.....
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

The news has made the BBC Sport website so that's publicity which the BDO haven't had for ages I suppose..also has Durrant's tweet on though
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

A thought: why is Des doing this? Not just about letting the ladies enter the qualifier surely. he has got to be looking at it as a benefit to the BDO.

Btw I am 100% for the removal of the lakeside contracts (which I am guessing are now no longer on the agenda). maybe Des realised that thet BDO can no longer guarantee the level of prize fund in the future.
Last edited by devosteve on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The PDC have their own tour, the number of instances of any Top 64 PDC player entering a Lakeside ranked event of any note (Cat A+ or A) is going to be quite low.
Big Jock Knew