EDO AGM

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: EDO AGM

Post by Ginge »

So not every event then, just streamed ones?
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: RE: Re: EDO AGM

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:So not every event then, just streamed ones?
Which is every BDO ranking event that the EDO organise!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: EDO AGM

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:

Fair point. At the end of the day it is pandering to the rule of another organisation.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: EDO AGM

Post by Dannyboy »

Ginge wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

Fair point. At the end of the day it is pandering to the rule of another organisation.
Quite - I actually think this is a sensible decision for the EDO because it avoids any hassle around streams.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

The so called new harmonious relationship between England and the BDO already under strain". Even Barry Hearn commended Des Jacklins decision to relax their position on the PDC and then straight away Tommy's lot deepen the divide again. What is the point of EDO streaming any way, it brings in no revenue, in fact it costs money, and it gets hardly any viewers and the quality is embarrasing. Rather than being a pro active outfit and drop the pointless streaming Tommy Thompson shows his true colours yet again, the most devisive man in darts since Martin Fitzmaurice.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

London Eye wrote:The so called new harmonious relationship between England and the BDO already under strain". Even Barry Hearn commended Des Jacklins decision to relax their position on the PDC and then straight away Tommy's lot deepen the divide again. What is the point of EDO streaming any way, it brings in no revenue, in fact it costs money, and it gets hardly any viewers and the quality is embarrasing. Rather than being a pro active outfit and drop the pointless streaming Tommy Thompson shows his true colours yet again, the most devisive man in darts since Martin Fitzmaurice.
Sounds to me as this would all be fine if the PDC stopped limiting it's players as to where and where not they can play. Not an EDO problem why should they change the way they organise events to fit in with the inflexible and restrictive ruling of the PDC. Maybe once the PDC come up to speed and stop this archaic bullying the EDO will relax their ruling.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

what a shock.the infighting on that side of the divide continues.

so much for this "progress"
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Garry Murphy wrote:what a shock.the infighting on that side of the divide continues.

so much for this "progress"
No infighting me old mucker just the outdated restrictive PDC rules getting in the way........
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I fail to see what the EDO has to gain from banning these guys, get people who enter the comps to certify that they will play on the stream or they don't play, that way it's the PDC preventing them from playing and the EDO have no comeback at all.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
London Eye wrote:The so called new harmonious relationship between England and the BDO already under strain". Even Barry Hearn commended Des Jacklins decision to relax their position on the PDC and then straight away Tommy's lot deepen the divide again. What is the point of EDO streaming any way, it brings in no revenue, in fact it costs money, and it gets hardly any viewers and the quality is embarrasing. Rather than being a pro active outfit and drop the pointless streaming Tommy Thompson shows his true colours yet again, the most devisive man in darts since Martin Fitzmaurice.
Sounds to me as this would all be fine if the PDC stopped limiting it's players as to where and where not they can play. Not an EDO problem why should they change the way they organise events to fit in with the inflexible and restrictive ruling of the PDC. Maybe once the PDC come up to speed and stop this archaic bullying the EDO will relax their ruling.

Won’t ever happen whilst the pdc have multi million pound tv contracts.

Me thinks Barry will clarify the challenge tour and say anyone without a tour card is ok to play any event but it’s not going to happen for tour card holders.

And even then I think Barry made it clear last week he’s only going to help the bdo if they help him
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:I fail to see what the EDO has to gain from banning these guys, get people who enter the comps to certify that they will play on the stream or they don't play, that way it's the PDC preventing them from playing and the EDO have no comeback at all.
Oh I see, put the onus on the EDO even though it's the PDC rules that are preventing their players from attending......you couldn't make this up.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:I fail to see what the EDO has to gain from banning these guys, get people who enter the comps to certify that they will play on the stream or they don't play, that way it's the PDC preventing them from playing and the EDO have no comeback at all.
Oh I see, put the onus on the EDO even though it's the PDC rules that are preventing their players from attending......you couldn't make this up.
Paddy did you bother to read the opening post or my post at all?

It is rumoured that the EDO want to ban tour card holders from playing and I am saying why bother as the PDC contract bans them already.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Me thinks Barry will clarify the challenge tour and say anyone without a tour card is ok to play any event but it’s not going to happen for tour card holders.

And even then I think Barry made it clear last week he’s only going to help the bdo if they help him
I partially agree but making out it's the EDO's fault as some wallies have suggested is very disingenuous to say the least.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Paddy did you bother to read the opening post or my post at all?

It is rumoured that the EDO want to ban tour card holders from playing and I am saying why bother as the PDC contract bans them already.
To avoid confusion. If they can't play then there's no need for them to change anything.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

I partially agree but making out it's the EDO's fault as some wallies have suggested is very disingenuous to say the least.
Yeah I can see why the edo have done it but they could have clarified and said non tour card holders can play
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Think Barry welcomed the move, however said in the same breath that the tour card holders couldn’t play in the events anyway.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Yeah I can see why the edo have done it but they could have clarified and said non tour card holders can play
But at this point you are not certain they can?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Will have to see what comes out, if its just the 128 TC holders then its fair enough, any more than that and it certainly very draconian.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Will have to see what comes out, if its just the 128 TC holders then its fair enough, any more than that and it certainly very draconian.
But even if it's just the 128 then why bother? really the bad publicity alone makes it a silly decision especially since it is unnecessary.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Will have to see what comes out, if its just the 128 TC holders then its fair enough, any more than that and it certainly very draconian.
But even if it's just the 128 then why bother? really the bad publicity alone makes it a silly decision especially since it is unnecessary.
As already said, what happens if all your Last 8 in an event are TC holders and you are streaming from the semis onwards and they all just pull out?
Big Jock Knew