2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:23 pm
ssjsa wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:57 pm

As you can see from today's overall average the men from the BDO were pretty competitive.  
Really ?
So Durrant , the reigning lakeside champion averaging 90.4 qualifies as competitive ?
90 wont cut it on the main tour. In fact in the grand slam his 100 plus could not cut it and get him out of the group.

Waites lost with an 85 average. He won Lakeside TWICE with an average like, even reached the final last week with an 85 average, again FACTS.
85 is not competitive in the PDC might win titles in the BDO , it wont get him a tourcard. Thats the difference.

McKinistry went out last 512 with an 86 averages.

The only one spouting pish is you with your "competitive" bullcrap.
or will this post be disapproved as well for stating some home truths
This is not the Main Tour, but rather Q School, and Durrant had the 16th highest average out of a near 400 field, so that was pretty competitive.

As was Conan with the 15th, Scott Baker with the 4th highest and McGeeney with the 3rd highest.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

As you can see from today's overall average the men from the BDO were pretty competitive.  
Really ?
So Durrant , the reigning lakeside champion averaging 90.4 qualifies as competitive ?
90 wont cut it on the main tour. In fact in the grand slam his 100 plus could not cut it and get him out of the group.

Waites lost with an 85 average. He won Lakeside TWICE with an average like, even reached the final last week with an 85 average, again FACTS.
85 is not competitive in the PDC might win titles in the BDO , it wont get him a tourcard. Thats the difference.

To be fair your right them sort or aves are not good enough.ive done this as well
Jim Williams average 86.87 over his 4 games today
Conan whitehead 90.85 over 4 games
Harry ward 93.52 over 7 games
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Really ?

To be fair your right them sort or aves are not good enough.ive done this as well
dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Post by dartsweekly »

New podcast went live this morning with Chris Mason joining us to look back at Lakeside and look ahead to Q-School. Also joined by four players bidding to win tour cards this week. Give it a listen here if you want: https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/01/17/ ... -and-more/
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

masticman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Really ?

Hughes averaged 99 over the day and that is nwhy he won well.
Ward averaged ober 3 points more than durrant and did so over the entire day...this is why he got a card.
Waites and McKinistry averaging mid 80s will not get a card on that form despite ssjsa and others seeking to argue my point for the sake of arguing because its me making it.

I hope to be proven wrong and Durrant gets a card, but another 90 average tomorrow wont be pulling up trees
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Really ?

Waites won the PDC grand slam, PDC tv major - FACT :grin:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 pm
phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:41 pm Harry Ward the first winner this year we’ll done to him
Saw him at a comp in Shropshire 3 or 4 years ago. He was still a kid then. Clearly had loads of talent.

Was BDO world youth finalist in 2016, had a superb walk on track also, Hurry up Harry by Sham 69!
Little Lonely Garry
International

Waites won the Grand Slam almost nine years ago when he was a better player who averaged 99 - Fact
He has not been at those levels since - FACT
Waites won lakeside with an 85 average = FACT
Waites won it twice with an 85 average - FACT
Waites reached this years lakeside final with an 85 average - FACT
85 wins trophies in the bdo - FACT
Waites 85 could not get him past the last 64 in q-school FACT
The BDO Champion could not get past the last 128 - Fact

I could keep on going, the reality is no matter how you try spins things, today was a disaster for Durrant, Waites etc FACT
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

Waites won the Grand Slam almost nine years ago when he was a better player who averaged 99 - Fact

I could keep on going, the reality is no matter how you try spins things, today was a disaster for Durrant, Waites etc FACT
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ChrisW wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 pm
Yozza looks like hes lost weight whereas Wand looks like hes bringing the typical darts player image back.
Both very true
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

DavidB wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Really ?

Waites won the PDC grand slam, PDC tv major - FACT :grin:
How have the bdo boys got on since then, hardly made it out of the group stage & won the odd knockout match. Pretty piss poor showing: Fact
Little Lonely Garry
International

facts are not allowed it seems

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:08 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:22 pm Very enjoyable day. And yes, 100% because of the top bdo players , all of whom I would like to see go through , especially Conan and of course Durrant. Anything to spice up the Pro Tour which I stopped following closely a couple of years back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Whitehead has played PDC before with no success.
And ? I like him

Agree with Gary about Waites though, never take to him in interviews.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
To be fair to Conan, he's 'matured' since his tour card days, he'd make a much better fist of it this time if he's successful. I didn't think McGeeney would play so well yesterday, he looks to be an Ian White type (but hopefully can still grow his TV game in the next few years by playing more than just the very occasional TV event). Durrant 'should' win a card, but I have no idea about him now, his arse might still fall out. Williams is much the same, and Waites, I'm a bit meh on him. Would have been an excellent addition to the tour a few years back, now he'd just be in the pack
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:41 am facts are not allowed it seems

Why have you written the same post three times?
Are you ok?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Breakdown?
Little Lonely Garry
International

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:55 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:41 am facts are not allowed it seems

Why have you written the same post three times?
Are you ok?

The mods on here who were on line at the time did not have the decency to let me know if it was approved or not, so seeing as I got no notification either way I had no way of knowing if it was just another post that was deleted without reason, which happens a lot, so I decided to wait.
When no mod had bothered to acknowledge if it was approved or inform me either way, I decided to wait a bit more and post it a second time, which still got no notice despite mods being on line, so prior to logging out last night I posted it again.

Maybe if the mods had done their job the first time there would not be 3 versions of it....you might be one of the only mods on here to grasp the logic of this sadly.

oh wait...I forgot, this might get deleted without any mention, and will have to repeat the process all over again when I get home this evening :grin:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Hopefully A tourcard for Durrant today or at the least a last 8 or last 4 spot to put him in contention.
Dont mind McGeeney but he is the new Ian White, guy has no TV game.
Dont mind Menzies either.

I dont want to see Waites or Dean Reynolds, sod them I find them unlikable.
Dont care either way about Whitehead
No interest in old cloggers like part, hamilton or Newton, give me young eager players instead.

If any oldie does make it then someone like burnett possibly (if unlikely)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Do you have any opinion on players who are not playing in the BDO system?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:16 pm
Lurgan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 am
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 am
Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:10 am
Lurgan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:08 am darren johnstone, andy boulton etc get tour card, play for 2 years, lose tour card, go to q school win tour card and repeat
does make you wonder doesn't it what their ambition is. I'm guessing a player probably does it for 2 or 3 cycles until he realises that he's good, but just not quite good enough.
Q School should be mainly about young, ambitious talented youngsters.
Bit harsh on Darren, he was the first player to miss out on the Worlds via the ProTour the year before last (before the expansion), and wasn't too far again from making it last year. Boulton made the Worlds one year as well (via the PDPA qualifier admittedly)
whats harsh about it??

they lost their cards

darren should have been a top player but for whatever reason. application mainly. it never happened for him, a seriously talented player who has seriously underachieved for past 15 years
Daz is back playing local darts round here most of the week.

Dont think he really cares anymore, hes just enjoying his darts. So long as he keeps getting his Qschool entry covered he will keep going, getting a tour card and getting the money.
He plays in a local comp in Rovrum most Tuesdays and seems to be doing pretty well in them.