2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by oche balboa »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am my point is valid about the Scottish and Welsh opens. How many people go an pay there entry fee and dont expect to win a game ?

Ive played in the scottish open a few times and i dont expect to win the fekkin thing , I dont see the same people moaning about us paying our entry fee and being shit .
BDO is designed for this. Q School shouldnt be
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am
Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am Entry fee for the snooker version was £1000 last year, up from £600 the year before. The darts one needs to match it, imo.
Totally agree.
Or. Police the entrants a bit better . Anyone that didn’t win a leg last year must then compete in the Vauxhall conference league, ie the Scottish open
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am
Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am Entry fee for the snooker version was £1000 last year, up from £600 the year before. The darts one needs to match it, imo.
Totally agree.
Or. Police the entrants a bit better . Anyone that didn’t win a leg last year must then compete in the Vauxhall conference league, ie the Scottish open
Or give them a big marker pen and train them how to use the tablets.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 am
Totally agree.
Or give them a big marker pen and train them how to use the tablets.

:grin:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Totally agree.

I said that the other day, some form of vetting checks before being allowed entry.

But as Ginge says, putting up the entry fee to 1k should do it...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 am
DavidB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 am

Any idea how many went frame-less??
Three events, the following players lost 4-0 first game each time:

Dessie Sheehan
Dan Woolloff
Heather Clare

Two players lost 4-0 in the first two events before deciding not to bother with the third:

Benny Loh Siang Leng
Thomas Wei

Many thanks!
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:16 am
Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am my point is valid about the Scottish and Welsh opens. How many people go an pay there entry fee and dont expect to win a game ?

Ive played in the scottish open a few times and i dont expect to win the fekkin thing , I dont see the same people moaning about us paying our entry fee and being shit .
BDO is designed for this. Q School shouldnt be
at the moment that is exactly the way Q school is designed.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Bit different laying out a 20 quid to enter the Scottish Open and having a great day out watching some well known players or paying several hundreds of pounds for 4 days of playing in a quiet environment...
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

DavidB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am
Totally agree.

I said that the other day, some form of vetting checks before being allowed entry.

The problem with that is, these fools obviously have cash in the hip, and players (eg Ryan Joyce) Or Nathan aspinall who aren’t flush, might be priced out if it (the likes of aspinall and Joyce I mean )
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:11 am
Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am
Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 am

Are your scores freely available to criticise for your games ?
dont see how this makes a difference.

People moaning shit players going to Q school and paying their money but dont moan when they go to other competitions and build up the prize pool for the better players.
One of these freely claimed to be trying to win a tour card, on all 4 mornings prior to play commencing . For all to read, joys of social media . At the same time you’ve other clowns telling him he’s good enough, keep up the practice . . He’s barely good enough to win a leg, why claim he’s trying to win a tour card...
yes some people are completely deluded and retarded.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 am
Totally agree.

The problem with that is, these fools obviously have cash in the hip, and players (eg Ryan Joyce) Or Nathan aspinall who aren’t flush, might be priced out if it (the likes of aspinall and Joyce I mean )

If you are good enough to win a card a Q school , surely in the months running up to Q school you are good enough to be getting to the later stages and actually winning local comps , you then use this money for Q school . If you are not able to win the money via local comps in the 12 months running upto Q school, then you are not good enough.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:41 am

Totally agree.

If you are good enough to win a card a Q school , surely in the months running up to Q school you are good enough to be getting to the later stages and actually winning local comps , you then use this money for Q school . If you are not able to win the money via local comps in the 12 months running upto Q school, then you are not good enough.
How much did carter or Richards win Leading up to q school ?
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:43 am

Nice try , thats not the same.

They daft ***** obviously have the money to waste .

You were talking about people with a genuine chance of a tour card but might not be flush enough to pay the Q school entry fee. These ones who have a genuine chance of a card should be able to win the money required in local comps.

The likes of Carter etc are never going to win a card , but this doesnt stop them paying there money.

You confuse me with someone who thinks these daft ***** will win a card. They are no hopers , but under the current rules they can and do enter.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am

They daft fraggles obviously have the money to waste .

You were talking about people with a genuine chance of a tour card but might not be flush enough to pay the Q school entry fee. These ones who have a genuine chance of a card should be able to win the money required in local comps.

The likes of Carter etc are never going to win a card , but this doesnt stop them paying there money.

You confuse me with someone who thinks these daft fraggles will win a card. They are no hopers , but under the current rules they can and do enter.
Thank you for proving my point.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

You confuse me with someone who thinks these daft fraggles will win a card. They are no hopers , but under the current rules they can and do enter.
I agree with you that these ***** are wasting their money , i havent said otherwise.

I dont see why people care that these guys are wasting their money though ?

Why do you care Dicie if Carter goes and wins 1 leg over 4 days and he pays his money ? If hes deluded enough to think he actually can get a tour card so what ? hes never going to get it we all know that.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Dicie wrote:
Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 am The problem with that is, these fools obviously have cash in the hip, and players (eg Ryan Joyce) Or Nathan aspinall who aren’t flush, might be priced out if it (the likes of aspinall and Joyce I mean )

No one is disputing that. Not here anyway!

It will happen in any open qualyfing system,but it's fine, no one really cares , not the PDC who get the money or the other players who get a warm up game.

It's only an issue if it's more than a dozen or so and starts to clog up the running of the days.
I just can't see all the fuss over them entering. They just have a different way of measuring value for money than we do.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:49 am
Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

I agree with you that these fraggles are wasting their money , i havent said otherwise.

I dont see why people care that these guys are wasting their money though ?

Why do you care Dicie if Carter goes and wins 1 leg over 4 days and he pays his money ? If hes deluded enough to think he actually can get a tour card so what ? hes never going to get it we all know that.
Again, your proving the point I was making yesterday,thank you . The rules do need to change .

I’d you entered the previous year and had a combined average of lower than 60 per visit, then you can’t enter for 2 years.
Just because people can afford to do something, don’t then cry when I can afford to reply telling them there sh ite
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Skewball wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am
Dicie wrote:

No one is disputing that. Not here anyway!

It will happen in any open qualyfing system,but it's fine, no one really cares , not the PDC who get the money or the other players who get a warm up game.

It's only an issue if it's more than a dozen or so and starts to clog up the running of the days.
I just can't see all the fuss over them entering. They just have a different way of measuring value for money than we do.
Would you believe ske, it’s not about them being able to afford o wnternthat I have an issue with. It won’t be long before luck of the draw we will have possibly 4 of these clowns or more on the same board,

Some of these games are 12 visits to the board to break the 300s
I’m sure you’ve chalked games like this, imagine chalking 2 or 3 of them, the will to live would have left a long time ago.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

fucking normal posts of mine getting deleted now.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:09 pm fekkin normal posts of mine getting deleted now.
Anyway, I got to read it.
I wouldn’t class what I’m doing as crying, if they can do as they wish with there own money, surely then it’s ok for me to reply to tell them they are sh ite. Which they are. Muck
The good players love drawing these lads, handy warm up, loosen the arm, no fear of losing. But as I said earlier, just wait till there is a handful of these clowns on the same board, and the whole hall at the last 64 stage is left waiting on board 11, that was hosting 5 fools and there 43 averages