2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by ChrisW »

The only noises you hear coming from the PDC is they are very happy with the Grand Slam.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:16 am If it does ever revert to a PDC-only event, then the crying on Twitter and Fanatics will be something else.
Will be a sweet relief from the crying to make it a PDC only event.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Hearn only cares about the money, loyalty, snake oil salesman etc etc etc...."
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The Jolly Man wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:10 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 am I hope Durrant wins a card but he does not deserve to be handed a free one. The PDC dont owe the bdo players a living. sound familiar ?
If you give a free tourcard to a Lakeside winner you are acknowledging that durrant in this case is a "top player who is too good for Q School"

Look at how people even made claims that there was only 2 people in the world better than Bunting because he won Lakeside, and he was shown up to be not a top 16 player
Durrant is/was a top player in the BDO, but does not mean he will be one in the PDC, time will tell.
If Durrant is indeed this top player then Q-school should be no problem to him, and he can compete with every one on a level playing field.

If the PDC gave favoritism to certain players you know there would others crying about that.
Same rule should apply to all , be it men , women, pdc , bdo,
Flip side to that the PDC could see Durrant get even better. We’ve seen it with others.

Think people are forgetting about bunting and the fanfare he came with. Even winning a PDC title in his first few weeks. He has done well but not been close to a major. I’ve seen stats where it’s been best average since Bunting etc. Durrant hasn’t exactly done loads at the GSOD to show he can win a PDC major.

Only time will tell though
The PDC do not NEED Durrant. but will take him if he joins
The BDO need Durrant though and will take him in a heartbeat if he fails at Q-school
Durrant wants the PDC more than he wants the bdo
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:16 am If it does ever revert to a PDC-only event, then the crying on Twitter and Fanatics will be something else.
There’s a lot more harmony between the 2 sides now.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:14 am Yes I agree Ashton should have been there. I think that will be addressed this year. Every single year we have a TSOD user saying “it’s the last year of BDO invites” etc

Sky was responsible for changes to the GSOD.
This year could be different, the BDO could be very weak looking indeed come November. As much as I like the BDO being involved (they're certainly more interesting than the often very grim floor qualifiers), I don't see the point if almost all the top players try their hand at Q-School (I know there's a few missing this year, but next year those players should be going)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That doesnt change my statement. Fanatics would be absolutely foaming at the mouth.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 am That doesnt change my statement. Fanatics would be absolutely foaming at the mouth.
But people like you & Zapp want it to be a PDC only event, so you are only doing what you think they will do

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 am
oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:14 am Yes I agree Ashton should have been there. I think that will be addressed this year. Every single year we have a TSOD user saying “it’s the last year of BDO invites” etc

This year could be different, the BDO could be very weak looking indeed come November. As much as I like the BDO being involved (they're certainly more interesting than the often very grim floor qualifiers), I don't see the point if almost all the top players try their hand at Q-School (I know there's a few missing this year, but next year those players should be going)

You would imagine Durrant will be invited regardless as BDO world champion.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 am
Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 am That doesnt change my statement. Fanatics would be absolutely foaming at the mouth.
But people like you & Zapp want it to be a PDC only event, so you are only doing what you think they will do
Stop crying, it hasnt happened yet!
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

I think it should be just a pdc event with no bdo involvement.
As soon as it became a "ranking event" all wildcards should be revoked and those spots given to pdc players who are more deserving
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

You would assume that but remember Hearn has stated the BDO choose their 8 participants. Why would they choose anyone who doesnt play in their system anymore?
Big Jock Knew
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

PreciesJJ wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm
Kyeavfc wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm Does Cameron Menzies know he has to register? He’s not assuming that just because he gets free entry he doesn’t have to do anything??? Seem to remember he forgot to register for UK open last year...
He said on twitter he has registered a couple of weeks ago.
His name is not on the present list of entries.

Why would he get free entry anyway?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

fling wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am
PreciesJJ wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm
Kyeavfc wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm Does Cameron Menzies know he has to register? He’s not assuming that just because he gets free entry he doesn’t have to do anything??? Seem to remember he forgot to register for UK open last year...
He said on twitter he has registered a couple of weeks ago.
His name is not on the present list of entries.

Why would he get free entry anyway?
Top X on the Challenge Tour last year(forgot what X is) get free entry.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 am
DavidB wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

You would assume that but remember Hearn has stated the BDO choose their 8 participants. Why would they choose anyone who doesnt play in their system anymore?

He's still playing in their system, for now ;-)

But yes I'd forgotten that - still they might want their world champion there, we shall see...
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:

Na I just don’t think it should be straight up 8 of the bdo choosing and I think it should be more based around invites and major tournament winners than people getting in from qualifiers and rankings
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Who would be your 32 then Zapp ?

Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Given how weak the BDO is any of the semi finallists who gain a card should be given one of the 8 places as any alternative would be vastly inferior.
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Astonvilla wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:15 am Given how weak the BDO is any of the semi finallists who gain a card should be given one of the 8 places as any alternative would be vastly inferior.
If all of the top players got tour cards, what's the best possible 8 after that?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

mshaw2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am
Astonvilla wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:15 am Given how weak the BDO is any of the semi finallists who gain a card should be given one of the 8 places as any alternative would be vastly inferior.
If all of the top players got tour cards, what's the best possible 8 after that?
They still havent updated the rankings post-Lakeside but the current top 16 is...

Durrant
McGeeney
Williams
Harms
Veenstra
Mitchell
Unty
Robson

Waites
Warren
Landman
Parletti

Telnekes
Day
Baker
Mandigers

Take out the ones who have entered Q School and they all win a card (in red), and you are left with the ones in blue as your top 8
Big Jock Knew