2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:Some will do Q school and just mess around so they can play Challenge Tour
I don’t think they will mess around but the pressure is off. You can still have a decent enough season if you don’t make it through, see Menzies Hughes and Rajaski

I think the big thing for duzza was he was scared of fluffing q school and being stuck in limbo for a season, now he’s knows he can just go back to doing the bdo tour if anything happens.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Some will do Q school and just mess around so they can play Challenge Tour
I don’t think they will mess around but the pressure is off. You can still have a decent enough season if you don’t make it through, see Menzies Hughes and Rajaski

I think the big thing for duzza was he was scared of fluffing q school and being stuck in limbo for a season, now he’s knows he can just go back to doing the bdo tour if anything happens.
And losing 100k
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And losing 100k
Assuming he actually wins Lakeside
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

billyd wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And losing 100k
Apparently that's a given. :roll:
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

If he thinks about PDC it will lessen his BDO chances.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

billyd wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And losing 100k
But at least it was there as a possible....if he'd failed at QS then it wouldn't have even been there as an option even..it is now...assuming the prize always stays at at least 100k..
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

The Eurosport deal shouldn't make any difference to any player genuinely wanting to go to QS..it didn't make any difference to them when they had BBC and then Channel 4 and now with the PDC extending the World Championship field , the increasing of the Players Champs finals , scrapping of entry fees , increasing prize money and the BDO themselves lifting restrictions for actually going to QS then any player with ambition has nothing to lose by going to QS..
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

After all these years how many players who qualified through QS school are in the top 10 PDC oom?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:After all these years how many players who qualified through QS school are in the top 10 PDC oom?
And your point is ?

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:After all these years how many players who qualified through QS school are in the top 10 PDC oom?
And your point is ?
Try and guess?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
And your point is ?
Try and guess?
No thanks. I prefer to follow the advice below. ;-)

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” It is usually accompanied by a veiled insult from the poster.

In fairness, I don't think you are anywhere near stupid, just contrary for the sake of it. ;-)

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
And your point is ?
Try and guess?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” It is usually accompanied by a veiled insult from the poster.

In fairness, I don't think you are anywhere near stupid, just contrary for the sake of it. ;-)
Well I was trying to determine how succesful QS actually was for finding the best talent.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
And your point is ?
Try and guess?

Well I was trying to determine how succesful QS actually was for finding the best talent.
No you weren't. ;-)

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

“Playing at Lakeside in a final is something really special and I don’t think much would ever top that.”
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
And your point is ?
Try and guess?

No you weren't. ;-)
Yes I was........ based on evidence what's your opinion on it's success of finding top talent?
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Try and guess?

No you weren't. ;-)
Yes I was........ based on evidence what's your opinion on it's success of finding top talent?
This year Danny Noppert and Jeffrey de Zwaan came through who've had quite successful years thus far. From last year's batch I'd say Richard North, Steve Lennon and Martin Schindler are starting to make an impression on the circuit as well.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Good luck DBG can wait to see you on the tour.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Gerwyn Price is on the edge. And there are quite a few in the top 32 now.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
And your point is ?
Try and guess?

Here you go Paddy.

For the purposes of this let's define success as being ranked in the top 32.

Year - No. Of Cards - Guys that made top 32.

2011 - 25 - Dave Chisnall, John Henderson
2012 - 40 - Stuart Kellett, Dean Winstanley, Jamie Lewis
2013 - 25 - Darryl Gurney
2014 - 42 - Kyle Anderson, Benito Van De Pas, Gerwyn Price, Christian Kist
2015 - 34 - Alan Norris, Steve West, James Wilson, Jonny Clayton
2016 - 30 - None
2017 - 28 - None
2018 - 33 - None
UKDA 4 Life