International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Skewball »

Dicie wrote:
Skewball wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am
Dicie wrote:
Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am
Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:43 am

How much did carter or Richards win Leading up to q school ?

Nice try , thats not the same.

They daft fraggles obviously have the money to waste .

You were talking about people with a genuine chance of a tour card but might not be flush enough to pay the Q school entry fee. These ones who have a genuine chance of a card should be able to win the money required in local comps.

The likes of Carter etc are never going to win a card , but this doesnt stop them paying there money.

You confuse me with someone who thinks these daft fraggles will win a card. They are no hopers , but under the current rules they can and do enter.
Thank you for proving my point.
No one is disputing that. Not here anyway!

It will happen in any open qualyfing system,but it's fine, no one really cares , not the PDC who get the money or the other players who get a warm up game.

It's only an issue if it's more than a dozen or so and starts to clog up the running of the days.
I just can't see all the fuss over them entering. They just have a different way of measuring value for money than we do.
Would you believe ske, it’s not about them being able to afford o wnternthat I have an issue with. It won’t be long before luck of the draw we will have possibly 4 of these clowns or more on the same board,

Some of these games are 12 visits to the board to break the 300s
I’m sure you’ve chalked games like this, imagine chalking 2 or 3 of them, the will to live would have left a long time ago.
Well indeed, I've had to mark many of Paddys games and felt like that ! Lol

And to your point that the rules need changing I would say that at the moment any rule would feel like a hammer to crack a nut.
Yes, it's potentially an issue over timings and if 3 or 4 of them were on the same board etc , and I'm sure the PDC are monitoring it, but at the moment it still feels manageable to have a few jokers enter. Any potential vetting or increase of fees would cause more issues and headaches than the issue does as it stands - and until that balance changes then I can't see the point of any rules changes
Last edited by Skewball on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

Maybe make the guys who fail at Q-School have to make a certain amount of dates or wins or something on the Challenge Tour to be eligible for entry the next year? It's a tough one.

It's all down to the people really as I don't see much way in vetting it at the moment. Unfortunately darts seems to be a game seriously deluded people are drawn to for some reason, maybe because it comes across as such an everyman sport. I've seen people over the years who can barely break into the 70's having the game of their life at superleague go to Q-School genuinely believing they can win or get close to winning a tour card, win a few legs over the 4 days at best and then pretend they were just unlucky.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

SolidSCB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 pm Maybe make the guys who fail at Q-School have to make a certain amount of dates or wins or something on the Challenge Tour to be eligible for entry the next year? It's a tough one.

It's all down to the people really as I don't see much way in vetting it at the moment. Unfortunately darts seems to be a game seriously deluded people are drawn to for some reason, maybe because it comes across as such an everyman sport. I've seen people over the years who can barely break into the 70's having the game of their life at superleague go to Q-School genuinely believing they can win or get close to winning a tour card, win a few legs over the 4 days at best and then pretend they were just unlucky.
Joys of dartsconnect now solid, there is no hiding place for these clowns.
I went twice, and I went on the lash (drink) both times, as I was doing no harm and even my bad game I’d still manage something half decent . But these lads A game isn’t worrying my blind goldfish
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

Yeah hopefully dartconnect makes a few of them think twice.

It boggles my mind that these lads averaging 40/50-odd think they've anything to build on, they probably spend a few hours on the board every day as well, their own darts shirt, every piece of equipment going. You see a few of them on Facebook giving it the "One step at a time" thing after, like it's a big learning experience. No, you just have no natural talent for the game of darts and never will, turn it in and go and do a few BDO jolly ups for the same sort of money.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

jesus ******* christ how about a PM with what the **** is the matter with my posts and i can stop doing it .

Edited by Admin.
Last edited by ssjsa on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thought the earlier ***** edits would be explanation enough. Not prepared to continually edit therefore deleted.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I do find it odd how offended people get about nobodies doing qschool, I can’t say it bothers me when it’s an open tournament designed to let anyone have a go.

Vetting people or having 2 sets of qschools doesn’t really solve anything
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:22 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Astonvilla wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:52 pm Nobody knows his story but I'd bet he isnt as sad as Internet critics who have nothing better to do than criticize him.
He's a pub player who's got a few quid by all accounts.

Has just had a few days of fun for his own entertainment

Back in the day you could even sneak onto the Pro Tour by doing that too.

Step forward, Andy Relf.
No no no, apparantly he is a PDC professional because this was a PDC event and so everyone who enters is a PROFESSIONAL and so must be amazing and we should laugh at them when they hit shit averages and call the PDC bullshiters for calling themselves PROFESSIONAL.

Or something.
Epic delayed bite
UKDA 4 Life
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 pm jesus fekkin christ how about a PM with what the fek is the matter with my posts and i can stop doing it .
The admin team are worried that your posts are a symptom of PTSD stemming from that time a soldier shouted at you for not washing up his plate adequately.
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

I mean personally I couldn't give a toss whether people decide to chuck their money down a hole at Q-School or not.

I just feel that for people who are clearly extremely crap at the game, there are far better alternatives for the sort of money they are dishing out than to go and get pasted in silence on some tennis court in Wigan.

and I'm sure that some of the guys going who are looking to take the day seriously and get themselves a tour card and earn a proper living from the game, they'd rather do without the distraction of autograph hunting nutjobs who are just there to namedrop on Facebook and act like Make a Wish kids getting to play Pro Darts Player for the day.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

SolidSCB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 pm I mean personally I couldn't give a toss whether people decide to chuck their money down a hole at Q-School or not.

I just feel that for people who are clearly extremely crap at the game, there are far better alternatives for the sort of money they are dishing out than to go and get pasted in silence on some tennis court in Wigan.

and I'm sure that some of the guys going who are looking to take the day seriously and get themselves a tour card and earn a proper living from the game, they'd rather do without the distraction of autograph hunting nutjobs who are just there to namedrop on Facebook and act like Make a Wish kids getting to play Pro Darts Player for the day.
:grin: :grin:
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Did I read q school to be streamed
County Player

Post by 1205 »

SolidSCB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 pmthey'd rather do without the distraction of autograph hunting nutjobs who are just there to namedrop on Facebook and act like Make a Wish kids getting to play Pro Darts Player for the day.
The nutjobs will play 1 game per day. And I'd think that if you want to be a pro, dealing with the nutjobs would be good practice.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm Did I read q school to be streamed

Straight from the horse's Twitter account.

If it implies more streaming, you could also end up with other qualifiers being streamed, like the tour and Ladies' PDC World Qualifiers.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Thehateful180 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 pm jesus fekkin christ how about a PM with what the fek is the matter with my posts and i can stop doing it .
The admin team are worried that your posts are a symptom of PTSD stemming from that time a soldier shouted at you for not washing up his plate adequately.
They pots didnt wash themselves.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Nathan Richards
Q-School 2012-2015 & 2017-2019
UK Open Quals 2012-2014
GSOD Quals 2013-2014
World Champs Quals 2013-2014
Euro Tour Quals 2014
Challenge Tour 2014 & 2017-2018
Development Tour 2016-2018

Wins 14
Losses 117
Cost 1000s
UKDA 4 Life
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

Getting to meet real life darts players and pretending they are your peers: Priceless.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Dicie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:33 pm
SolidSCB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 pm Maybe make the guys who fail at Q-School have to make a certain amount of dates or wins or something on the Challenge Tour to be eligible for entry the next year? It's a tough one.

Joys of dartsconnect now solid, there is no hiding place for these clowns.
I went twice, and I went on the lash (drink) both times, as I was doing no harm and even my bad game I’d still manage something half decent . But these lads A game isn’t worrying my blind goldfish
I cannot see a way of 'vetting' people who wish to have a pop, even if you made the entry £1500 some with more money than sense would still enter.
At the moment it isn't a problem, they are doing no harm and how many times have you had a mare of a game, sub 60 average and then next game raised it by some 20 points. Many years ago in superleague I remember first game of the season losing with a 17 average (shit loads at doubles) and then next match winning with a 31 average. As long as they pay their money they should be allowed to play imo.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Vetting wouldn't be too difficult - obviously you would need a set criteria, for example:

* Lost tour card
* Top 100 ranked in the BDO
* Haven't failed at last 2 x Q-Schools and have won certain number of points
* Won a county open

Etc, etc!
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

To be honest, with dartconnect you have a prime piece of software for any vetting. It is literally there to collect and collate data.

It's just a case of what's fair really. Is it fair to say no to some bloke who keeps turning up and barely scraping a 50 average on a consistent basis?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

SolidSCB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 pm To be honest, with dartconnect you have a prime piece of software for any vetting. It is literally there to collect and collate data.

It's just a case of what's fair really. Is it fair to say no to some bloke who keeps turning up and barely scraping a 50 average on a consistent basis?
So a youngster enters and hits a 49 average this year - will he be the same next year?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am