2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge »

If you said "top 10" I think you would probably have it spot on. Plenty of flaky names between 11-16.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 am If you said "top 10" I think you would probably have it spot on. Plenty of flaky names between 11-16.

Quite...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 am If you said "top 10" I think you would probably have it spot on. Plenty of flaky names between 11-16.
Hey! Leave it out!
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Astonvilla wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am Certainly matches like last nights give people who think Durrant is top 5 in the World plenty to consider. It may be that if he switches the continual exposure to both high pressure matches against class opponents and TV tournaments lead him to improve under pressure. Equally he might do nowhere near as well as some think.
Who said Duzza is a top 5 player? I've never heard anyone who's even suggested that (maybe some uber-shroom has, but we can ignore them). As for his bottle, I'm with Ginge, there are a lot of players near the top of the PDC who have their wobbles under pressure so I don't think Duzza is particularly out of place in that regard
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidB wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 am

Quite...
ok lets split the difference, call it top 13 :grin: :DDD:
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

Q school is a joke. Deliberately put on the same weekend as the Inter Counties to disrupt the bedrock of the BDO system. All our lads should boycott it and show some loyalty to the system that made them what they are. The PDC is a business built on sand, where will all these players go when it all comes crashing down and Hearn rides off into the sunset to find his next cash cow? They will come crawling back to the BDO with their tales between their legs, well I for one would Slam the door shut on them!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am Q school is a joke. Deliberately put on the same weekend as the Inter Counties to disrupt the bedrock of the BDO system. All our lads should boycott it and show some loyalty to the system that made them what they are. The PDC is a business built on sand, where will all these players go when it all comes crashing down and Hearn rides off into the sunset to find his next cash cow? They will come crawling back to the BDO with their tales between their legs, well I for one would Slam the door shut on them!
Hi Robson!!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ffs
wimpster
Feather Flights

Post by wimpster »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am Q school is a joke. Deliberately put on the same weekend as the Inter Counties to disrupt the bedrock of the BDO system. All our lads should boycott it and show some loyalty to the system that made them what they are. The PDC is a business built on sand, where will all these players go when it all comes crashing down and Hearn rides off into the sunset to find his next cash cow? They will come crawling back to the BDO with their tales between their legs, well I for one would Slam the door shut on them!
I hope you finished your homework before coming on here young man.....
:fishing :IIII: :IIII: :CCCCC: :darts :CCCCC: :IIII: :IIII: :fishing
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Clock is back then
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 am
Hi Robson!!
Oh ffs u get rid of 1 & another 1 comes along
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Just ignore him and he will get bored. Dont reply its simple really.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Davidb?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 amFfs
Been getting DMs for the last hour from Robson.
Same old nonsense from his thelad1985 account.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 am
DavidB wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am
Astonvilla wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am Certainly matches like last nights give people who think Durrant is top 5 in the World plenty to consider. It may be that if he switches the continual exposure to both high pressure matches against class opponents and TV tournaments lead him to improve under pressure. Equally he might do nowhere near as well as some think.

Didn’t Duzza win last night?? Anyone would think he bottled it and lost reading that...
He said himself in the interview he was a beaten man at 3-3. Don't you honestly think that 9 times of 10 anyone in the PDC top 16 would have won that final set? I really really want Duzza to do well in the PDC, I like him a lot, and I think he will, but, its worrying that he frequently shows signs that under pressure he finds it hard to maintain his game, especially against faster players. He does often find a way to win but in the case of last night it was more Baker than him that meant he won that last set.
Ian White and Joe Cullen are both in the top 16 of the PDC.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

1205 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 pm
Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 am
DavidB wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am

Didn’t Duzza win last night?? Anyone would think he bottled it and lost reading that...
He said himself in the interview he was a beaten man at 3-3. Don't you honestly think that 9 times of 10 anyone in the PDC top 16 would have won that final set? I really really want Duzza to do well in the PDC, I like him a lot, and I think he will, but, its worrying that he frequently shows signs that under pressure he finds it hard to maintain his game, especially against faster players. He does often find a way to win but in the case of last night it was more Baker than him that meant he won that last set.
Ian White and Joe Cullen are both in the top 16 of the PDC.
I'm not saying that he he not as good as them, he is better, much better, but that the way the match swung I think most of them would have won that last set 9/10. Not Ian White though! :grin:
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Paul Nicholson is taking a year off from playing and won't be going to Q-School. Shame really as he's been half-decent in the last two years, but he's said he's not confident enough on current form to come through the field. Hope he'll come back firing in 2020!
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

I wonder if he's seen the standard this week at times, along with Hamilton and Newton qualifying despite missing the first couple of months of the season, and thought that he could do something at Lakeside (or some other place) in 2020.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Or maybe he's enjoying his media work so wants to wait until he is better prepared.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Has dave won this yet?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"