2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Addicks Fan »

Given the dates of European Q-School, and the fact that Lakeside contracts will be returned before the players know which day they are playing on, how many European Lakeside players will go for Q-School?

List of European Lakeside qualifiers:

Wesley Harms
Michael Unterbuchner
Richard Veenstra
Chris Landman
Willem Mandigers
Derk Telnekes
Jeffrey van Egdom
Wouter Vaes
Krzysztof Kciuk
Brian Løkken
Oliver Ferenc
Roger Janssen
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine
Do you mean until after Lakeside?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine
Yeah

Was a bit early when I wrote that
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

As a side it looks like the Bulls Superleague qualifier in Germany took place for next season. Unterbuchner has obviously missed it. This would mean he cant qualify for the PDC Worlds through the German only route if he was to switch.

Whether he would need it, who knows.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Yeah

Was a bit early when I wrote that
I don't think I explained my point very well. Lakeside invites have to be accepted in the next week or so, before players will know the day on which they are playing their prelim or 1st round matches. Given that European Q-School clashes with the 1st weekend of Lakeside, how many European Lakeside qualifiers will sign up for Q-School? It will restrict the number surely?
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

So could this clash of dates stop Harms from turning professional?
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

PVDarts501 wrote:Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.
Cue Unterbuchner's match being on Saturday/Sunday.....
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

PVDarts501 wrote:Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.
Can’t see any way it’s not going to be the first weekend

Bdo like to book their names over the weekend, duzza first thing on the Saturday ect after this weekend he’s one of the names and will end up Saturday or Sunday.

Hopefully he decides to still do qschool if his game is Sunday and he does the first 3 days
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

He should do one day at Q-School anyway so hes eligable to play all Euro Tour Qualifiers.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Its simply mad that players will be playing Lakeside and then trekking across europe to play Q School lol

When the solution is to try the PDC via Euro tour (Ratajski & Labanaukas route)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

billyd wrote:
Cue Unterbuchner's match being on Saturday/Sunday.....

It's not the BDO's problem really but you will obviously blame the BDO
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
I guess it boils down to does the PDC want to help the BDO players (and in turn the BDO)

Im going to say the date was done intentionally and made to make players choose and make Lakeside seem like a minor tournament that players can skip (just as I think we will see that Ana and whoever wins the UK qualifier wont be able to play at lakeside and just like they got Rajaski to play last year)
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

That is not going to happen next year, probably coming something else in place... :IIII:
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I guess it boils down to does the PDC want to help the BDO players (and in turn the BDO)

Im going to say the date was done intentionally and made to make players choose and make Lakeside seem like a minor tournament that players can skip (just as I think we will see that Ana and whoever wins the UK qualifier wont be able to play at lakeside and just like they got Rajaski to play last year)
The PDC have scheduled the UK Q School after Lakeside. I'd hope that they'll respond to the BDO's positive move on players going to Q School, by allowing any non-UK player who has qualified for Lakeside to play the UK Q School.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

What was brought up about Ana's nationality

Has always played under Russia and will continue to.
JFT97