2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International
Posts: 10009
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by oche balboa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:20 am

Of course the BDO will be blamed
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Skewball
International
Posts: 6503
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Skewball » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 am

Ah, I see Ginge is on line, am I right in thinking you do DIsco's etc as a DJ? Wedding parties and that sort of shit? I might have literally just made that up, but its in my head that you do! If so I need advice!

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58667
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:27 am

Skewball wrote:Ah, I see Ginge is on line, am I right in thinking you do DIsco's etc as a DJ? Wedding parties and that sort of shit? I might have literally just made that up, but its in my head that you do! If so I need advice!
Yes, send me a PM.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2754
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Addicks Fan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 pm

Given the dates of European Q-School, and the fact that Lakeside contracts will be returned before the players know which day they are playing on, how many European Lakeside players will go for Q-School?

List of European Lakeside qualifiers:

Wesley Harms
Michael Unterbuchner
Richard Veenstra
Chris Landman
Willem Mandigers
Derk Telnekes
Jeffrey van Egdom
Wouter Vaes
Krzysztof Kciuk
Brian Løkken
Oliver Ferenc
Roger Janssen

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:06 am

According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by The Jolly Man » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:13 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine
Do you mean until after Lakeside?

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:14 am

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine
Do you mean until after Lakeside?
Yeah

Was a bit early when I wrote that

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4680
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by The Jolly Man » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 am

As a side it looks like the Bulls Superleague qualifier in Germany took place for next season. Unterbuchner has obviously missed it. This would mean he cant qualify for the PDC Worlds through the German only route if he was to switch.

Whether he would need it, who knows.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2754
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Addicks Fan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:According to bdof the tour card contract doesn’t have to be signed until after qschool so as long as the schedule is ok they are fine
Do you mean until after Lakeside?
Yeah

Was a bit early when I wrote that
I don't think I explained my point very well. Lakeside invites have to be accepted in the next week or so, before players will know the day on which they are playing their prelim or 1st round matches. Given that European Q-School clashes with the 1st weekend of Lakeside, how many European Lakeside qualifiers will sign up for Q-School? It will restrict the number surely?

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6451
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by phil davies » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:37 pm

The Jolly Man wrote:As a side it looks like the Bulls Superleague qualifier in Germany took place for next season. Unterbuchner has obviously missed it. This would mean he cant qualify for the PDC Worlds through the German only route if he was to switch.

Whether he would need it, who knows.
I think he would be fine without it if he switched TBH.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Astonvilla
Superleague Player
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Astonvilla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:49 pm

So could this clash of dates stop Harms from turning professional?

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by PVDarts501 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.

billyd
The Ton Club
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by billyd » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:44 pm

PVDarts501 wrote:Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.
Cue Unterbuchner's match being on Saturday/Sunday.....

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:04 pm

PVDarts501 wrote:Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.
Can’t see any way it’s not going to be the first weekend

Bdo like to book their names over the weekend, duzza first thing on the Saturday ect after this weekend he’s one of the names and will end up Saturday or Sunday.

Hopefully he decides to still do qschool if his game is Sunday and he does the first 3 days

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by PVDarts501 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:29 pm

He should do one day at Q-School anyway so hes eligable to play all Euro Tour Qualifiers.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 10009
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by oche balboa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Its simply mad that players will be playing Lakeside and then trekking across europe to play Q School lol

When the solution is to try the PDC via Euro tour (Ratajski & Labanaukas route)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 10009
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by oche balboa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:38 pm

billyd wrote:
PVDarts501 wrote:Unterbuchner said on Dutch tv he would play Q-School if his Lakeside first round is on Monday.
Cue Unterbuchner's match being on Saturday/Sunday.....

It's not the BDO's problem really but you will obviously blame the BDO
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58667
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:41 pm

I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58667
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”