2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
I guess it boils down to does the PDC want to help the BDO players (and in turn the BDO)

Im going to say the date was done intentionally and made to make players choose and make Lakeside seem like a minor tournament that players can skip (just as I think we will see that Ana and whoever wins the UK qualifier wont be able to play at lakeside and just like they got Rajaski to play last year)

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by PVDarts501 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:27 am

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
That is not going to happen next year, probably coming something else in place... :IIII:

1205
Steady Sixties
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:01 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
I guess it boils down to does the PDC want to help the BDO players (and in turn the BDO)

Im going to say the date was done intentionally and made to make players choose and make Lakeside seem like a minor tournament that players can skip (just as I think we will see that Ana and whoever wins the UK qualifier wont be able to play at lakeside and just like they got Rajaski to play last year)
The PDC have scheduled the UK Q School after Lakeside. I'd hope that they'll respond to the BDO's positive move on players going to Q School, by allowing any non-UK player who has qualified for Lakeside to play the UK Q School.

Bag Carrier
County Player
Posts: 3958
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: Im always in your head

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Bag Carrier » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:19 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/

What was brought up about Ana's nationality

Has always played under Russia and will continue to.
JFT96

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3471
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 am

Bag Carrier wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/

What was brought up about Ana's nationality

Has always played under Russia and will continue to.
Someone in the other thread was questioning it

Like you say she’s always played under Russia so I don’t see what the issue is

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 15950
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by ssjsa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 am

Courtesy of Burton. This will be the best Q School ever.

Here's the post-Ally Pally Order of Merit. Top 64 retain their Tour Card, and Top 16 qualify for the Masters.
Attachments
IMG_20181120_114316.jpg
IMG_20181120_114316.jpg (183.58 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

oche balboa
International
Posts: 10009
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by oche balboa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:44 pm

So here are the players who need to win at players/Worlds for any chance of keeping their tour card

Darren Johnson (Got to a Euro tour event but nothing else)
Andrew Gilding (Looks to be back to something near his best, A PC run will do wonders)
Rowby John (Has done nothing for 2 years)
Devon Petersen (Needs a good worlds to regain tour card)
Robbie Green (Injured, but back for GSOD Qualifer so will be a threat at Q School)
Kirk Shepherd ( Did ok in first half of the year, dropped off the 2nd half)
Chris Quantock (Youngster who is still learning, Will be a threat at Q School)
Jamie Caven (Ages since he has been on TV)
Jimmy Hendriks (About time he fulfilled his potential)
Madars Razma (Surprising considering he got to a pro tour final)
Scott Taylor (Think he is at the Players, needs a few upsets)
Joe Murnan (Plays well in the GSOD Qualifier but nothing either side)
Richie Edhouse (Semis of a Euro tour, Thought he wouldnt be in danger)
Steve Hine (Will be a threat at Q School)
Terry Jenkins (Will he actually go to Q School)
Richie Burnett (One last chance?)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Reinier
The Ton Club
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Reinier » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:01 pm

PVDarts501 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
That is not going to happen next year, probably coming something else in place... :IIII:
Spill the beans Pieter!

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:15 pm

oche balboa wrote:So here are the players who need to win at players/Worlds for any chance of keeping their tour card

Darren Johnson (Got to a Euro tour event but nothing else)
Andrew Gilding (Looks to be back to something near his best, A PC run will do wonders)
Rowby John (Has done nothing for 2 years)
Devon Petersen (Needs a good worlds to regain tour card)
Robbie Green (Injured, but back for GSOD Qualifer so will be a threat at Q School)
Kirk Shepherd ( Did ok in first half of the year, dropped off the 2nd half)
Chris Quantock (Youngster who is still learning, Will be a threat at Q School)
Jamie Caven (Ages since he has been on TV)
Jimmy Hendriks (About time he fulfilled his potential)
Madars Razma (Surprising considering he got to a pro tour final)
Scott Taylor (Think he is at the Players, needs a few upsets)
Joe Murnan (Plays well in the GSOD Qualifier but nothing either side)
Richie Edhouse (Semis of a Euro tour, Thought he wouldnt be in danger)
Steve Hine (Will be a threat at Q School)
Terry Jenkins (Will he actually go to Q School)
Richie Burnett (One last chance?)
So...It is only those players who have a chance then?

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:20 pm

daveboygreen wrote:
oche balboa wrote:So here are the players who need to win at players/Worlds for any chance of keeping their tour card

Darren Johnson (Got to a Euro tour event but nothing else)
Andrew Gilding (Looks to be back to something near his best, A PC run will do wonders)
Rowby John (Has done nothing for 2 years)
Devon Petersen (Needs a good worlds to regain tour card)
Robbie Green (Injured, but back for GSOD Qualifer so will be a threat at Q School)
Kirk Shepherd ( Did ok in first half of the year, dropped off the 2nd half)
Chris Quantock (Youngster who is still learning, Will be a threat at Q School)
Jamie Caven (Ages since he has been on TV)
Jimmy Hendriks (About time he fulfilled his potential)
Madars Razma (Surprising considering he got to a pro tour final)
Scott Taylor (Think he is at the Players, needs a few upsets)
Joe Murnan (Plays well in the GSOD Qualifier but nothing either side)
Richie Edhouse (Semis of a Euro tour, Thought he wouldnt be in danger)
Steve Hine (Will be a threat at Q School)
Terry Jenkins (Will he actually go to Q School)
Richie Burnett (One last chance?)
So...It is only those players who have a chance then?
Reading a post before replying is so overrated.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58666
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Dave clearly still on the pop after hearing the great news last Wednesday. Fair play to him.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Ginge wrote:Dave clearly still on the pop after hearing the great news last Wednesday. Fair play to him.
What happened Wetnesday, he qualified for PiP?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58666
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:24 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Dave clearly still on the pop after hearing the great news last Wednesday. Fair play to him.
What happened Wetnesday, he qualified for PiP?
Edited by Admin.
Last edited by ssjsa on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited following report.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:25 pm

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Dave clearly still on the pop after hearing the great news last Wednesday. Fair play to him.
What happened Wetnesday, he qualified for PiP?
Edited by Admin.
:barney
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58666
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Ah so you were the one who deleted it the other day when I mentioned it.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Ginge wrote:Ah so you were the one who deleted it the other day when I mentioned it.
Don't remember doing so but I would have had I seen it, you being a disgusting human being and all that.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by PVDarts501 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Reinier wrote:
PVDarts501 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:I've asked it about 10 times so I'll ask it again - have any of the affected players asked if they can play the UK one instead?
Surely that will cause people to complain about the nationality issues (that were brought up yesterday with Ana)

Interesting that the PDPA website says they are not ready to announce details yet and it will be released after the players championship finals

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/
They let Barney play the wrong Euro qualifier at least once this year because there was a clash elsewhere.
That is not going to happen next year, probably coming something else in place... :IIII:
Spill the beans Pieter!
Not yet, as the plans are not 100% confirmed yet.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7721
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm

So we have gone from "not going to happen next year" to "not 100% confirmed yet"
Just don't say anything next time unless you actually know something concrete?
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by PVDarts501 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm

BlueSpark wrote:So we have gone from "not going to happen next year" to "not 100% confirmed yet"
Just don't say anything next time unless you actually know something concrete?
I meant the Euro Tour qualifiers will not clash anymore with other events for Barney. But the structure around it is not confirmed yet.

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 23121
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by ChrisW » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:04 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Just don't say anything next time unless you actually know something concrete?
Are you referring to Ginge being a disgusting human being?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”