PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Spud180 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 am Whens the last time a world champ finalist didnt make the premier league? Whitlock, Hamilton, Wright all made it with there runs. So it be pretty hard to ignore Dolan, Aspinall, Joyce or Humphries if they was to make the final.

Chizzy is 1 win away from the premier league.
Sheppard in 08 but then there was only 2 wildcards and one had to go to Part for being world champion so it was Mardle or Sheppard.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I don't think Painter got in with a World Final appearance..he got in a couple of years later when he won the Players Champs..but as was said there were only 2 wildcards and I'm not sure who got them when Painter didn't.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Spud180 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 am Whens the last time a world champ finalist didnt make the premier league? Whitlock, Hamilton, Wright all made it with there runs. So it be pretty hard to ignore Dolan, Aspinall, Joyce or Humphries if they was to make the final.

Chizzy is 1 win away from the premier league.
No and no, as long as van Barneveld is in.

Chisnall has been a quarter finalist this year, while other top players have been winners.
Whitlock is the only obvious drop.
The other young players making runs haven't done much this year.

Suljovic faded, but otherwise had a very good year, with wins, finals and semis.

Chisnall makes the final, then having played well, and beaten Anderson and van Gerwen (almost certainly) to get there, there's an argument for him replacing Smith, but if he lost in the final, then you'd be leaving out the World Champion, whether Smith or anyone else from the bottom half.

Without van Barneveld it'd be much easier to pick the 10.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I think after the last 2 weeks there is no way Wade is going to be put in. They told him to go and rest last time he started with his problems.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

trotter wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:14 pm I don't think Painter got in with a World Final appearance..he got in a couple of years later when he won the Players Champs..but as was said there were only 2 wildcards and I'm not sure who got them when Painter didn't.
The Premier League only started in 05, Painter made the final in 04, Dudbridge got to the final in 05 and got picked
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Humphries being given the kiss of death by the master predictor, there...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:23 pm I think after the last 2 weeks there is no way Wade is going to be put in. They told him to go and rest last time he started with his problems.

They can’t not pick Wade having won two majors and how do you or anyone know he has a problem??

To me it’s simple - Barney is in and the last place is between Mensur or the world champion/finalist if it’s Aspinall, Humphries or Joyce. If two of these make the final then I reckon they’ll only select the world champion.

Someone said a few weeks ago that Mensur might turn it down anyway...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:23 pm I think after the last 2 weeks there is no way Wade is going to be put in. They told him to go and rest last time he started with his problems.

They can’t not pick Wade having won two majors and how do you or anyone know he has a problem??

To me it’s simple - Barney is in and the last place is between Mensur or the world champion/finalist if it’s Aspinall, Humphries or Joyce. If two of these make the final then I reckon they’ll only select the world champion.

Mensur has since gone on record to state this is bollocks and he won't be turning it down if asked.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Source?

It was someone’s opinion (can’t temember who) so probably no mileage in it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:Source?

Can't remember now. Was an interview he gave to Live Darts, maybe.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:35 pm
DavidB wrote:Source?

Can't remember now. Was an interview he gave to Live Darts, maybe.

Right ho...
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

DavidB wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Wade ain't exactly a Barney-level attraction, even when he was at his best I don't think he was really box office. If he was deemed dispensable in 2014 (when, although he hadn't won a major the year before, he was undoubtedly one of the top players in the game), I think he may be dispensable now
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

The only way to solve this as I've been saying for these last weeks is to drop Barney but make him play two exhibition matches in the Rotterdam nights to allow him to salute the crowds in the way he deserves to be saluted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote:
DavidB wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Wade ain't exactly a Barney-level attraction, even when he was at his best I don't think he was really box office. If he was deemed dispensable in 2014 (when, although he hadn't won a major the year before, he was undoubtedly one of the top players in the game), I think he may be dispensable now
They will pick Wade as he will be a good pantomime bad guy, always good for a bit of atmosphere.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

For me, I'd go for:
1. Michael van Gerwen
2. Rob Cross
3. Peter Wright
4. Gary Anderson
5. Michael Smith
6. Gerwyn Price
7. James Wade
8. Mensur Suljovic
9. Daryl Gurney
10. Adrian Lewis
footballafc
Steady Sixties

Post by footballafc »

van Gerwen
Cross
Anderson
Wright
Wade
Gurney
Price
Smith
van Barneveld
Suljovic
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Is it at all possible given what Rob Cross has said in interviews that he would turn down his spot?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

daveboygreen wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:47 pm Is it at all possible given what Rob Cross has said in interviews that he would turn down his spot?
No.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:51 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:47 pm Is it at all possible given what Rob Cross has said in interviews that he would turn down his spot?
No.
Or perhaps Gary Anderson has been getting his excuse in early with him complaining about his back
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:21 pm Humphries being given the kiss of death by the master predictor, there...
Humphries duly dead.