PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:50 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:21 pm Humphries being given the kiss of death by the master predictor, there...
Humphries duly dead.

Don’t ask he who can’t be named learned poster for the lottery numbers...
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:23 pm I think after the last 2 weeks there is no way Wade is going to be put in. They told him to go and rest last time he started with his problems.
He had 1 manic episode (which seemed more than hypomanic :MAD:), and was still up after the 3rd round, but sufficiently under control. I think the reasonable thing to do would be to have him in but maybe have a sub lined up to play, varying by location. Although, a bit of a challenge to persuade somebody manic not to play ...
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

footballafc wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 pm van Gerwen
Cross
Anderson
Wright
Wade
Gurney
Price
Smith
van Barneveld
Suljovic
And this will be the line up......in my opinion
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

trotter wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:46 am
footballafc wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 pm van Gerwen
Cross
Anderson
Wright
Wade
Gurney
Price
Smith
van Barneveld
Suljovic
And this will be the line up......in my opinion

Unless Aspinall becomes world champion then it’ll be either no Mensur or no Barney and he has a farewell in Rotterdam as been said.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Dannyboy wrote:For me, I'd go for:
1. Michael van Gerwen
2. Rob Cross
3. Peter Wright
4. Gary Anderson
5. Michael Smith
6. Gerwyn Price
7. James Wade
8. Mensur Suljovic
9. Daryl Gurney
10. Adrian Lewis
+1 I like that line up.

And give Barney a farewall exhibition in Rotterdam....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Lewis has done nothing to remotely justify a PL place..the only way he'll get one to to announce his farewell year !

I do think that he may be in for a decent year though and will be back in the mix next year..
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I’d actually like to see them change the premier league to a tournament each night but I can’t see it happening. Would give them the option of using more players as well.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

phil davies wrote:Well that’s the line up all but sealed unless anyone pulls out.

The nine most deserving players plus Barney.
+1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Mason saying on talk sport that the 'farewell to barney ' merchandise or posters has already been done for Rotterdam
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

absolute joke that Barney is in
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

As a huge fan thank God Barney in for one last time
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:29 pm absolute joke that Barney is in
Pathetic in fact. Yes Simon got knocked out of the first round at the Worlds but his 2018 form had lots of highs, a major final and two ET finals, as well as World Cup 1/2 finals, World Matchplay 1/4 finals, Grand Slam 1/4 Finals, World Series did himself proud. Aside from the World Cup where MVG was the better player, Barney has done nothing and shown minimal commitment in 2018 to qualify.

Wade's outburst and continual poor behaviour is rewarded with a PL place, nice.

Disgusted.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I ageee Simon made a tv final played better over the year 2
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

And Gerwyn Price is in but said he didn't like it the first time round!!
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

WizardofozFan wrote:
Pathetic in fact. Yes Simon got knocked out of the first round at the Worlds but his 2018 form had lots of highs, a major final and two ET finals, as well as World Cup 1/2 finals, World Matchplay 1/4 finals, Grand Slam 1/4 Finals, World Series did himself proud. Aside from the World Cup where MVG was the better player, Barney has done nothing and shown minimal commitment in 2018 to qualify.

Disgusted.
And again another chance taken to take a jibe at Wade, maybe he is in as he won 2 televised events.

I see your point over Barney though.
Thinking of one.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Crusader wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 pm
WizardofozFan wrote:

Disgusted.
And again another chance taken to take a jibe at Wade, maybe he is in as he won 2 televised events.

Wades won 2 tournaments but his antics last couple of weeks should have been enough to tell him to go away. They did before when he was nowhere near as bad as this.

Mardle just said it best - Price said he never wanted to play in the PL again, Anderson said he wanted to rest for a bit and go back on the floor, MVG just said he wanted to go away for a while to chill out, Wade has been struggling recently. All put it without a second thought because its entertaining matches and none of the young lads thought about.

The point Hearn and Part made was stupid, If your scared of giving the young lads a chance then your never going to give them a chance.

Also sets a weird precedent now - When anderson packs in the next couple of years is he going to be given a PL place no matter what, is everyone in the top 30 going to get a year on it now the 29th has been given one.

Should have just given him a place in the Rotterdam night.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:

Disgusted.

Wades won 2 tournaments but his antics last couple of weeks should have been enough to tell him to go away. They did before when he was nowhere near as bad as this.

Mardle just said it best - Price said he never wanted to play in the PL again, Anderson said he wanted to rest for a bit and go back on the floor, MVG just said he wanted to go away for a while to chill out, Wade has been struggling recently. All put it without a second thought

Also sets a weird precedent now - When anderson packs in the next couple of years is he going to be given a PL place no matter what, is everyone in the top 30 going to get a year on it now the 29th has been given one.

I think if Wade was ever left out due to his mental health issues again the PDC could be in hot water. If Wade says he needs a break and refuses PL then fair play.

I believe players are invited, that means they can refuse if those players need a rest but the coin from the PL exhibition is too much to turn down.
Thinking of one.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Crusader wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:

Disgusted.

Mardle just said it best - Price said he never wanted to play in the PL again, Anderson said he wanted to rest for a bit and go back on the floor, MVG just said he wanted to go away for a while to chill out, Wade has been struggling recently. All put it without a second thought

I think if Wade was ever left out due to his mental health issues again the PDC could be in hot water. If Wade says he needs a break and refuses PL then fair play.

I believe players are invited, that means they can refuse if those players need a rest but the coin from the PL exhibition is too much to turn down.
Well yeah but nobody is going to turn 100k down.

Just think the pdc should be pushing a few more boundaries and going outside the box. Hearn does an interview saying they are expanding massively, that the game is getting bigger and new tournaments are to be announced next week and then announces just 1 change in the pl

I see an article has appeared on the bbc from Hearn saying the pdc is going to crack China so guessing something is happening over there
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Nice seething over Barney...