PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Crusader
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by The Crusader »

Maybe time to expand it to 12 players. 2 leagues running same nights with top 2 in each playing on finals night.

Draw unseeded done in night 1 at 7pm.
Thinking of one.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

The Crusader wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 pm
WizardofozFan wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:29 pm absolute joke that Barney is in
Pathetic in fact. Yes Simon got knocked out of the first round at the Worlds but his 2018 form had lots of highs, a major final and two ET finals, as well as World Cup 1/2 finals, World Matchplay 1/4 finals, Grand Slam 1/4 Finals, World Series did himself proud. Aside from the World Cup where MVG was the better player, Barney has done nothing and shown minimal commitment in 2018 to qualify.

Wade's outburst and continual poor behaviour is rewarded with a PL place, nice.

Disgusted.
And again another chance taken to take a jibe at Wade, maybe he is in as he won 2 televised events.

I see your point over Barney though.
Wade has done excellently winning 2 TV events, one of them a major title, but where is the deterrent for his behaviour? And Gerwyn Price for that matter? So Daryl Gurney has an ordinary year, wins the PC Finals and he's in? Ludicrous!

I guess yes the main gripe though is with Barney being in, it's literally beyond a joke. Why didn't they just invite him to come along to an exhibition at Rotterdam, get Taylor involved and bill one of the nights as 'Last Time Ever' or something?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Barney just been informed on RTL7 he is in.
Didn't seem at all surprised.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

WizardofozFan wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 pm
WizardofozFan wrote:
Pathetic in fact. Yes Simon got knocked out of the first round at the Worlds but his 2018 form had lots of highs, a major final and two ET finals, as well as World Cup 1/2 finals, World Matchplay 1/4 finals, Grand Slam 1/4 Finals, World Series did himself proud. Aside from the World Cup where MVG was the better player, Barney has done nothing and shown minimal commitment in 2018 to qualify.

Disgusted.
And again another chance taken to take a jibe at Wade, maybe he is in as he won 2 televised events.

I see your point over Barney though.
Wade has done excellently winning 2 TV events, one of them a major title, but where is the deterrent for his behaviour? And Gerwyn Price for that matter? So Daryl Gurney has an ordinary year, wins the PC Finals and he's in? Ludicrous!

I guess yes the main gripe though is with Barney being in, it's literally beyond a joke. Why didn't they just invite him to come along to an exhibition at Rotterdam, get Taylor involved and bill one of the nights as 'Last Time Ever' or something?
The DRA deal with anything that needs to regarding discipline, it should have effect on playing in events.

Agree 100% with you views over Barney.
Thinking of one.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

That was the most obvious Premier League selection ever...must have been 1-100 on that line up being announced !!
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

WizardofozFan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:32 pm

Disgusted.

Masters final though
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Disappointed with Barney's inclusion

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 am Why are people moaning everyone with a brain cell knew this was going to be lineup anyway and other than Barney it’s the 9 most deserving players.

Agreed. Why does anybody care who's in an exhibition that is designed to make money? This angst about this player's in or this player isn't is totally over the top. So what if Barney is getting the equivalent of a cricketer's benefit year through the Premier League? It just reminds people that it is a money-spinning exhibition designed for mass entertainment.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I really don't give a toss. He's been nearly the most important part of the Premier League and probably received the most support over the years.

Throwing a young gun in usually stalls their career so I have no problem with him having a swan song.
Thrifty
Feather Flights

Post by Thrifty »

Despite being the lowest ranked player in the league, I don't think van Barneveld will be eliminated after the first phase - my money's on Wright and Price for relegation.
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 am Why are people moaning everyone with a brain cell knew this was going to be lineup anyway and other than Barney it’s the 9 most deserving players.
Glad for Barney he is in. He already had such a hard time last year.

But anyway:

BARNEY ARMY! BARNEY ARMY! BARNEY ARMY!
To survive, is to be victorious!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Thrifty
Feather Flights

Post by Thrifty »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Thrifty wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:23 pm Despite being the lowest ranked player in the league, I don't think van Barneveld will be eliminated after the first phase - my money's on Wright and Price for relegation.
Wade and either Price or Gurney IMO.
I reckon Gurney will be nearer the top than the bottom and has a great chance of making the playoffs, but the player I hope and expect to shine this year is Rob Cross. The pressure of being world champion has been lifted from him and he showed good signs of a return to form during the World Championships - I expect him and van Gerwen to be battling it out for top spot throughout the season.
ankers
Brass Darts

Post by ankers »

No going to lie...im chuffed that i will see barney in the PL this year..i do agree he shouldn't be there going on performance but thats life init!?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I suppose the more time he is on a stage playing darts, the less chance there is of him committing adultery again. So every cloud and all that.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Thrifty wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 am
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Thrifty wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:23 pm Despite being the lowest ranked player in the league, I don't think van Barneveld will be eliminated after the first phase - my money's on Wright and Price for relegation.
Wade and either Price or Gurney IMO.
I reckon Gurney will be nearer the top than the bottom and has a great chance of making the playoffs, but the player I hope and expect to shine this year is Rob Cross. The pressure of being world champion has been lifted from him and he showed good signs of a return to form during the World Championships - I expect him and van Gerwen to be battling it out for top spot throughout the season.

Course he will, Phil hates him so don't listen to him!

Now if it were Jamie Lewis... :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

MvG vs Smith on opening night, kell surpree!

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/18/2019 ... e-fixtures
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Judegement night in Rotterdam.
Let's hope its not a damp squib like last year.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Is there going to be a comp this year?
Didn't fling volunteer?