James Wade v Dimitri Van den Bergh
Rob Cross v Jeffrey de Zwaan
ChrisW
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:00 pm
ChrisW wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:58 pm
The Crusader wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm Complete fek up imho, at least make the matches just the 1st ones in the night with a purse to play for, say 10k.

The fact the 9 can take points off the others makes it an uneven league, not looked at who plays who where but presume some will have almost have whitewash written all over them whilst others look likely to be close.
Seems fair enough. All 9 players get one 'easy' match. Against a PL debutant.
You think MvG playing Hendo and Wright playing Hendo is on a par with Gurney playing Durrant? :roll: :roll:
But bu Duzza wouldn't make the top 32 in the PDC.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Wright, Price and MVG the big winners I feel.
Thinking of one.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Crusader wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm Complete fek up imho, at least make the matches just the 1st ones in the night with a purse to play for, say 10k.

The fact the 9 can take points off the others makes it an uneven league, not looked at who plays who where but presume some will have almost have whitewash written all over them whilst others look likely to be close.
You think MvG playing Hendo and Wright playing Hendo is on a par with Gurney playing Durrant? :roll: :roll:
But, but, Duzza wouldn't make the top 32 in the PDC.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:

I have never said that. Fancy a serious crack at answering the question?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:04 pm
ChrisW wrote:

It's an exhibition tour.
PL players are supposed to be the best there is. If they start moaning they can't beat any of the 9 players they shouldn't have been picked.
david cox
Superleague Player

Post by david cox »

Why could’nt the contenders get points aswell,then if they qualified for top 8, they could have a mini tournament ay off, winner plays the last 8 matches and has a chance of winning the thing.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Anyway I think it's a great plan. I will be definitely watching the contender matches each week.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Anyway I think it's a great plan. I will be definitely watching the contender matches each week.
I see the logic in it but they should just be one off matches with nothing riding on them except maybe a cash bonus. Certainly not points for the table ffs.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:09 pm
ChrisW wrote:Anyway I think it's a great plan. I will be definitely watching the contender matches each week.
I see the logic in it but they should just be one off matches with nothing riding on them except maybe a cash bonus. Certainly not points for the table ffs.
I doubt it will make much difference.
Only 1 player leaving after judgement night.
Then 7 nights without contenders to sort of the final 4.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

The Crusader wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:59 pm As I said have a pot I said 10k but maybe 12k, 8k to winner 4k loser and play them as 1st match as a warm up.
:? 12k for each of the nine games?
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Zeyes wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:59 pm As I said have a pot I said 10k but maybe 12k, 8k to winner 4k loser and play them as 1st match as a warm up.
:? 12k for each of the nine games?
Was just a figure, could be 4k winner 2k loser, just dont think points should count.
Thinking of one.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

As others have said, this is a potentially very clever idea, which clearly hasn't been thought through properly.
Awarding points for these games is just asking for trouble.

Have them as an exbo within and exbo, with a few quid on the line, by all means. But having them count towards the table is a joke.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Good to see this exhibition event being opened up. I don't see how it makes it unfair given wildcards have always been part of the equation, but I can't believe anyone thinks this is a major.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Very good idea, great for TV in the respective countries, especially Max Hopp. The players will just have to suck it up and try and win with regards the points issue.
Good experience for the 9 players and give them a taste of what to expect if they eventually qualify
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

odd how some of the people who claimed Barneys inclusion did not matter since it was only a non ranked exbo, now seem upset that the very same non ranked exbo has a slew of new names making an appearance.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:07 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:04 pm
ChrisW wrote:

It's an exhibition tour.
PL players are supposed to be the best there is. If they start moaning they can't beat any of the 9 players they shouldn't have been picked.
You've got a point there. It's not 'fair' as such, as JdZ on paper is a tougher game than Hendo, but still, nobody in the Premier League should be scared of them. It's still a very ill-thought out, but hey, it gives these lads experience. The PDC is all about making money and growing the game, including Barney and doing this is one way they do that, and if there were ever a time to do it, it's the Premier League. Not too fussed either way about this, but, for example, if Barney has to be parachuted into next year's Worlds via a wildcard, that will be some dodgy shit right there
Pig In Chardonnay
Feather Flights

Post by Pig In Chardonnay »

This is the best thing PDC could have done under the circumstances.

With the best will in the world the Prem League gets a bit boring after 4-5 weeks & with 9 of the 10 players scheduled as last year,
the format & matches were looking stale. This will freshen it up keeping fans & media interested.
Bringing in the likes of De zwaan, Humphries & Aspinall is a masterstroke.

Still, Whitlock must be feeling a tad sore....
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:44 pmFarce.
it was a farce long before that.

Giving a spot to barney in the first place proved it was a meaningless exbo.
Adding these players wont make it any less or more .

The PL is only to make money for the PDC, no one really believes its a proper major
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Cracking call imo. Webster and Anderson added to the event when they got guest spots for Mardle. People complain the Premier League is stale and just a glorified exhibition and moan like feck when it is mixed up a bit.