PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
trotter01
Pub Champion

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by trotter01 »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:04 am Suljovic looking like an also-ran again, despite playing some decent stuff this season. Oh well, at least he should get through to the second half of the season to try to put that right. I didn't care really care about Barney getting the spot in and of itself, we all know it's basically a glorified exbo, but it's sad to see him struggle like this. Cross looks in decent nick this season, apart from that farcical ending to the UK Open (which I suppose isn't to do with his form, but seriously man, lose some fekkin weight), hopefully the weight of being world champion is off his shoulders now. Everything's going wrong for Smith at the moment, not even a bad performance yet he got smashed, and Aspinall is going to be gunning for him. Hopefully he's back to full fitness or else he could be looking over his shoulder very nervously come next weekend, the poor sod! Wade back to his best it seems, where was this form over the past few years? Even when he won those two events last year he didn't look this sharp!
Smith may well be looking over his shoulder but when he sees it's only Barney lumbering along behind him then he'll smile and think I'm ok.....

Think the top 4 are nailed in though for me...MVG..Wade ..Cross and Price......depends on Wright really......and I tipped Wade for the bottom 2 with Barney as well ..
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

1205 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:00 pm
Ginge wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:01 am
trotter01 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:01 pm I think the weekly wildcards has worked ☺
the contenders idea is bullshit - its a shit exbo anyway - but whitlock eraned his place - he was next in the rankings - and hes a top player - one of the few proper players left in the game -

robson
This year, there aren't yet many new players with which to repeat the Contender idea next year, so they might be able to give some of the old faces like Whitlock a day, and combine it with some improvers. Aspinall has now made it harder to get into the Premier League as a main player. Jamie Hughes is the only new player looking like a Contender. Wattimena has also had a good start.
Yeah, I'm not sure they'd be able to come up with 9 up and comers quite so suitable for next year, and using the same players would be a bit lame. Long way to go, yes, but which other up and comers realistically fit the bill out of those who missed out? Cullen? Payne? Evans? Scraping the barrel a bit after that. I think come next year there will be at least one contender in there as a regular player anyway (Aspinall is almost there for a start, Duzza, Hopp, JdZ or Dimitri could very feasibly make a run for it too), so I don't even think they'll really have to go down the 'tried and tested' players route
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

trotter01 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:17 pm
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:04 am Suljovic looking like an also-ran again, despite playing some decent stuff this season. Oh well, at least he should get through to the second half of the season to try to put that right. I didn't care really care about Barney getting the spot in and of itself, we all know it's basically a glorified exbo, but it's sad to see him struggle like this. Cross looks in decent nick this season, apart from that farcical ending to the UK Open (which I suppose isn't to do with his form, but seriously man, lose some fekkin weight), hopefully the weight of being world champion is off his shoulders now. Everything's going wrong for Smith at the moment, not even a bad performance yet he got smashed, and Aspinall is going to be gunning for him. Hopefully he's back to full fitness or else he could be looking over his shoulder very nervously come next weekend, the poor sod! Wade back to his best it seems, where was this form over the past few years? Even when he won those two events last year he didn't look this sharp!
Smith may well be looking over his shoulder but when he sees it's only Barney lumbering along behind him then he'll smile and think I'm ok.....

Think the top 4 are nailed in though for me...MVG..Wade ..Cross and Price......depends on Wright really......and I tipped Wade for the bottom 2 with Barney as well ..
Well, Barney has his two easiest fixtures on paper yet to come- Hopp and MvG! Seriously though, I'm sure he'll leave the best until last and at least salvage a small sliver of pride in Rotterdam whatever the result, and regardless, 8th is not a position Smith wants to find himself in for very long.

Yeah, top 4 looking pretty set for now, if Smith were healthy and firing and in Wright's position I'd back him to make a push, but he's not, and for various reasons you can't rely on Wright these days. He's already played his two 'easiest' fixtures in Lennon and Barney so I think he'll find it harder and fall away eventually
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interviews with Snakebite and Price.

Interesting to hear that Gezzy has given up posting on social media.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

So much for Price giving up Social media.

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

ssjsa wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:23 pm So much for Price giving up Social media.

Maybe he ought to give up social media if he's going to be as careless with his wording as that haha!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:35 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:31 pm Scotland should be ashamed.
Have articulated this on here previously, and have been criticised for that view, but for me asking Mensur to walk on to that Tina Turner song in Dublin, Belfast and Scotland is a mistake. Thankfully, he does not walk on to it in Glasgow.

Just my own observation and will be making no further comment on it.
Yes. I blame Tina's controversial views on sectarianism.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:29 pm Laughing here as sky try to portray hendo as a top player.....snigger
Any luck?
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:25 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:29 pm Laughing here as sky try to portray hendo as a top player.....snigger
Any luck?
There all top players after all you wouldn’t buy a sky dish if the cream wasn’t on display (all sports) it’s a premium price for a premium product showing premium players, or else it’s overegging the pudding because that’s what the pay masters say, I go for the latter myself,
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Any luck?

he is not a "top player"

a player outside the top 16 get a draw with a 97 average does not constitute a top player.
In fact the majority of people are surprised he even got a draw

He is a lesser player who over achieved on the night, and while I am more than glad he did, it wont alter the fact he is not a top player, just a good player outside the elite.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:54 pm
Any luck?

he is not a "top player"

a player outside the top 16 get a draw with a 97 average does not constitute a top player.
In fact the majority of people are surprised he even got a draw

He is a lesser player who over achieved on the night, and while I am more than glad he did, it wont alter the fact he is not a top player, just a good player outside the elite.
Yep. Seething.

He's beaten Van Gerwen in a TV major.
Definitely a top player.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

so a single win over MVG make a player a top player....oh dear....

by your logic then Toon Greebe who has beaten MVG twice is a top player
Mark Hylton has beaten MVG 4 time...he must be a superstar.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

GERWYN PRICE is confident of defeating Michael van Gerwen and maintaining his unbeaten start to the 2019 Unibet Premier League in Nottingham on Thursday.

The highly-anticipated match-up at the Motorpoint Arena will see fourth-placed Price look to preserve his record as the only player yet to taste defeat in this year's competition against third-placed Van Gerwen, who is without a win in his last two Premier League outings.

The pair have enjoyed similar starts to 2019, both winning two ProTour titles, and both taking seven points from their opening five matches in this year's tightly-grouped Premier League.

"Obviously Michael is the number one player in the world and the reigning World Champion, but I know I can give him a good run and I'm confident I can beat him,"said Price, who is yet to beat Van Gerwen in 13 attempts.

"Every time in the past when I've played the likes of Michael I've thought 'can I do it?' but now I'm in a position where I know I can.

"I knew I needed to win last week against Mensur [Suljovic] ahead of this week's tough game against Michael and even though I wasn't at my best I managed to keep my good run going.

"I'm not afraid of him or anybody and I know if I play my a game I can beat him. You always know he's going to play well but if his 'A game' comes out then I'll have to bring my 'A+ game' out."

After claiming his maiden televised title at the Grand Slam of Darts last November, Price suffered a miserable run of early exits at the Players Championship Finals, World Championship and The Masters.

However, since getting his second Premier League campaign underway the Welshman has enjoyed a purple patch which saw him come close to doubling his televised title tally at the UK Open at the start of March.

"At the moment I'm probably the best player in the world in terms of form but that can change in the space of 24 hours or even two minutes," Price added.

"I was very disappointed not to win the UK Open, but take nothing away from Nathan [Aspinall], he did the right things at the right moments and I was pleased for him that he went on to win it.

"At the time I was gutted, but I've got over it now and moved on with the Premier League, and I'm happy with where I am at the moment."

Night Six of the Unibet Premier League in Nottingham will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Night Six - Thursday March 14
Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
Nathan Aspinall v Michael Smith
James Wade v Mensur Suljovic
Rob Cross v Raymond van Barneveld
Gerwyn Price v Michael van Gerwen
Peter Wright v Daryl Gurney

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

NATHAN ASPINALL is aiming to show his Unibet Premier League credentials when he steps onto the Motorpoint Arena stage against Michael Smith on Thursday night.

Aspinall will compete in Nottingham as the latest Contender to replace Gary Anderson during the opening nine weeks of the Premier League season.

The Stockport ace was selected in February shortly after his superb run to the World Championship semi-finals at Alexandra Palace, where he made his big-stage breakthrough.

He was eventually stopped by a brilliant Michael Smith performance in the last four - and the pair will lock horns again in Nottingham on Thursday.

"I couldn't believe it when I got the call, I was buzzing," he revealed. "I'd seen that Gary had pulled out but never in a million years did I think that I was going to get a call-up.

"When I heard, I was really happy for the PDC to put me in and give me an opportunity to show what I can do. I've got to grab that opportunity with both hands and show everybody what I can do.

"In all honesty it would have been nice to have played Michael van Gerwen, because he's the best player in the world, but to play Michael Smith after the semi-final game that we had is nice.

"It should hopefully be another good game. The semi-final was a great game - Michael played phenomenal darts so hopefully on Thursday night I can get my own back on him.

"People want it to be another exciting game and I'm sure it will be."

Aspinall has since gone on to join the PDC's list of televised title winners with his memorable UK Open success, which included wins over two other Premier League aces, Gerwyn Price and Rob Cross.

The 27-year-old has been thrust into the limelight with that triumph, and he admitted: "My name was getting about after the World Championship run, but now I've won my first major a lot more people know who I am.

"I'm not just getting brought on as a contender, I'm getting brought on as a major winner, so I'm really looking forward to the walk-on!"

That UK Open win came less than a fortnight ago as Aspinall sealed his win in the final against Cross with a stunning 170 checkout - sparking huge celebrations amongst family and friends and moving the Stockport ace into the world's top 16.

Reflecting on the reaction since, he admitted: "It's been manic!

"I had a little bit of a homecoming on the Monday night when I got back, and I've been doing a lot of interviews and spending time with the family when I can as well as practising.

"It's been really busy but that's what we do it for. I'm still trying to get my head around the whole last three months really, I've not had time for it all to sink in.

"It's been a whirlwind few months for me but now I'm out to show that I belong in the Premier League.

"I've been in the World Championship semi-finals, won a major and am in the top 16, and none of it's really sunk in. At the moment it's all a bit of a blur to be honest."

Aspinall is now focusing on the clash with Smith in Nottingham as a showcase for his own credentials as the newest member of the sport's elite.

"I want to go and show people what I can do," he adds.

"I'm going to enjoy it and hopefully it's going to be the most enjoyable game that I've played in my career so far, in front of a massive crowd.

"I know I won the UK Open, but my performances weren't my best so I want to play at the level I know I can play at and prove to everyone that I'm worth a shot in the Premier League next year."

2019 Unibet Premier League

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE 2019 Unibet Premier League continues with Night Six in Nottingham on Thursday, as in-form Gerwyn Price looks to maintain his unbeaten start to the campaign against four-time champion Michael van Gerwen, while UK Open Champion Nathan Aspinall makes his Premier League debut.

The highly-anticipated match-up at the Motorpoint Arena will see fourth-placed Price look to preserve his record as the only player yet to taste defeat in this year's competition against third-placed Van Gerwen, who is without a win in his last two Premier League outings.

The pair have enjoyed similar starts to 2019, both winning two ProTour titles, and both taking seven points from their opening five matches in this year's tightly-grouped Premier League.

"Obviously Michael is the number one player in the world and the reigning World Champion, but I know I can give him a good run and I'm confident I can beat him," said Price, who is yet to beat Van Gerwen in 13 attempts.

"Every time in the past when I've played the likes of Michael I've thought 'can I do it?' but now I'm in a position where I know I can.

"I knew I needed to win last week against Mensur [Suljovic] ahead of this week's tough game against Michael and even though I wasn't at my best I managed to keep my good run going.

"I'm not afraid of him or anybody and I know if I play my a game I can beat him. You always know he's going to play well but if his 'A game' comes out then I'll have to bring my 'A+ game' out."

Michael van Gerwen (PDC)

After winning his opening three matches of the season, Van Gerwen suffered a shock defeat to James Wade in Exeter and could only manage a draw with Scottish favourite John Henderson in Aberdeen on Night Five.

The Dutchman has won the league phase every year since his Premier League debut in 2013, but failure to defeat Welsh number one Price would see Van Gerwen go three games without victory for just the second time in Premier League history.

“I’m really looking forward to the match against Gerwyn,” said Van Gerwen.

“He is in good form and has done really well recently to be fair to him but I know – and he knows – that I play close to my best game I will win.

“I’ve shown many times that I have what it takes to bounce back from disappointed results and come back stronger and I am aiming for that to start on Thursday night."

Nathan Aspinall (Lawrence Lustig, PDC)

Aspinall will compete in Nottingham as the latest Contender to replace Gary Anderson during the opening nine weeks of the Premier League season.

The Stockport ace was selected in February shortly after his superb run to the World Championship semi-finals at Alexandra Palace, where he made his big-stage breakthrough.

He was eventually stopped by a brilliant Michael Smith performance in the last four - and the pair will lock horns again on Thursday.

"It should hopefully be another good game. The semi-final was a great game - Michael played phenomenal darts so hopefully on Thursday night I can get my own back on him," said Aspinall.

"I'm not just getting brought on as a contender, I'm getting brought on as a major winner, so I'm really looking forward to the walk-on!

"I've been in the World Championship semi-finals, won a major and am in the top 16, and none of it's really sunk in. At the moment it's all a bit of a blur, but I would really like to make my mark in the Premier League."

"I'm going to enjoy it and hopefully it's going to be the most enjoyable game that I've played in my career so far, in front of a massive crowd.

"I know I won the UK Open, but my performances weren't my best so I want to play at the level I know I can play at and prove to everyone that I'm worth a shot in the Premier League next year."

James Wade (Lawrence Lustig, PDC)

2009 champion Wade moved to the top of the league table following his Exeter win over Van Gerwen and whitewash of Daryl Gurney a week ago, and he faces Suljovic in Nottingham as he bids to continue his strong start to the year.

Wade has the highest match average and tournament checkout percentage of the nine regular competitors, and is averaging a joint-highest 101.30 following five weeks.

"I'm happy with how the season's going so far, I still believe I'm one of the best in the world, if not the best at chosen times," said Wade.

"I know I can play darts and I believe every dart player knows I can, and I can hurt anyone. But it's the same as every story, talk is cheap.

"People think darts is all about averages but people are concentrating too much on numbers rather than just enjoying themselves."

Departing Dutchman Raymond van Barneveld will continue his search for a first win of the season against former World Champion Rob Cross, while Daryl Gurney will be looking to end a run of two losses against world number three Peter Wright.

The top four players at the end of 16 nights will face off in the Play-Offs at The O2 on May 23, while the ninth-placed player following Judgement Night in Rotterdam will face an early elimination.

Night Six of the Unibet Premier League in Nottingham will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Tickets: 0843 373 3000 or click here

Unibet Premier League – Night Six Match Odds
15/8 Nathan Aspinall - Draw 7/2 - Michael Smith Evens
Evens James Wade - Draw 33/10 - Mensur Suljovic 2/1
1/2 Rob Cross - Draw 9/2 - Raymond van Barneveld 7/2
7/2 Gerwyn Price - Draw 9/2 - Michael van Gerwen 1/2
9/10 Peter Wright - Draw 33/10 - Daryl Gurney 9/4

Unibet Premier League Darts 2019 - To Win Outright
Michael Van Gerwen - 1/2
Rob Cross - 7/1
James Wade - 10/1
Peter Wright - 11/1
Gerwyn Price - 12/1
Michael Smith - 14/1
Mensur Suljovic - 28/1
Daryl Gurney - 33/1
Raymond Van Barneveld - 150/1

dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Post by dartsweekly »

NEW PODCAST! Episode 96 of the Weekly Dartscast and we're joined by two of the leading players in the British Darts Disability Association, Snowy Dyson and Ricky Chilton! Plus we chat Premier League, Development Tour, Isle of Man, Mickey Mansell's fine from the DRA and make our Premier League picks. Give it a listen and let us know your thoughts!

https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/03/13/ ... -and-more/
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

phil davies wrote:This weeks decent betting treble after last weeks success for me is Aspinall, Wade and Wright all to win boosted with Wright to win 7-4 or better. Gives odds of around 21-1.
I have just inadvertently followed you, 11/1 treble for the three named above to win. Hopefully we do as well as last week but Cheltenham has been a blast so far. God bless Altior and Tiger Roll.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I have lost interest in the PL already.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »