PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
waddle147
Pub Champion

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by waddle147 »

I had a more snappy response before it got edited, if anyone was wondering.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

waddle147 wrote:I had a more snappy response before it got edited, if anyone was wondering.
If you call him an adulterer you will be fine, as he admitted that in a Dutch court
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

waddle147 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm He did help to make me £1500 last week, to be fair.

But then again I didn't boast about getting five results right in a prediction competition for a set of crappy darts either.
Not sure who exactly you are, and might be wrong, but aren't you the prick that won a set of crappy darts in one of our prediction competitions and emailed Unicorn direct to complain about your free prize. :WWWW:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Say you didnt call a player a c*nt - get your post edited.
Moderator calls another member a prick - absolutely fine.

Bizarre.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:55 pm Say you didnt call a player a c*nt - get your post edited.

Bizarre.
Hic!
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:54 pm
waddle147 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm He did help to make me £1500 last week, to be fair.

But then again I didn't boast about getting five results right in a prediction competition for a set of crappy darts either.
Not sure who exactly you are, and might be wrong, but aren't you the prick that won a set of crappy darts in one of our prediction competitions and emailed Unicorn direct to complain about your free prize. :WWWW:
I did, and originally I put that down to the incompetence of the site in sending me the wrong set of darts. In hindsight, it wasn't your fault as all and I apologise humbly. The sad fact is that Unicorn darts are vastly sub-standard compared to even the cheapest brass darts produced by the market leaders, that being Target Darts.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:55 pm Say you didnt call a player a c*nt - get your post edited.

Bizarre.
Hic!
Not yet. Give it another hour maybe.
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

1205 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:47 pm
trotter01 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:28 pm So that's the end of Barney... Well well..

He is in a different position to Taylor though... Taylor could still pick and choose his events and not play all the pro tours and was still guaranteed to be at all the TV majors and actually be competitive to win them.... Barney knows he has to play all the pro tours to get to anything and even if he gets there he cannot win them... Its still very defeatist though and a ridiculous decision for me... IF he sticks to it
Why is it ridiculous? He doesn't want to do it. He doesn't need to do it. So why should he do it?
You are right.. Its actually not ridiculous if I think about it... He has no motivation for the pro tour and without those he has no chance of playing any TV events. His farewell year was likely to become embarrassing and he doesn't deserve that.. at least he went out to a singing crowd in Rotterdam... I think he will stick with this decision.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interviews from last night.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DARYL GURNEY is seeking a dream Unibet Premier League homecoming in Belfast on Thursday, after a perfectly-timed German Darts Championship triumph lifted him up to a career-high third in the world.

Gurney claimed his first success on the European Tour circuit on Sunday night, overcoming Ricky Evans 8-6 in the Hildesheim final to rack up his fourth PDC title.

The Northern Irish number one defeated three former World Champions on his way to the final, one of whom was Rob Cross who he will face at the SSE Arena on Night Ten.

Gurney's £25,000 prize money won saw him jump above Peter Wright and Gary Anderson in the PDC Order of Merit, and the Derry thrower comes into Thursday's clash in top form on the back of three successive Premier League wins.

"It's a great feeling to be world number three heading into Belfast," said Gurney.

"I was already over the moon to be returning to Belfast, I can't wait for it and to win my first European Tour event just a few days before it is the perfect start.

"Heading into this year I knew I was defending a lot of money and I needed to get my act together so this is a welcome win.

"I was desperate to win a European Tour event so I could complete a 'mini-Grand Slam' of TV events, ProTours and now a Euro Tour.

"Last year in Belfast was one of the most magical experiences of my life, so to get the chance to do it again is a dream come true. I know the place will be absolutely buzzing again."

In the 2018 Premier League Gurney made his first big-stage appearance in Northern Ireland as he stepped out at The SSE Arena, and produced a gutsy performance to defeat Cross 7-5 on his way to a fifth-placed finish in his debut campaign.

However, less than four months later Gurney was facing a confidence crisis having struggled for form which culminated in a crushing 11-3 defeat to Joe Cullen at the World Matchplay.

"In Blackpool last July I thought my career was over," Gurney admitted.

"2017 was my best year, it was a very proud year for me, but after struggling for a while in 2018 I wondered if my best darts were behind me.

"I'm still a very nervous player but if I can get rid of the nerves then I reckon I've got another three gears to go through.

"I keep on trying and hopefully I can keep getting better. In January I said this is going to be my best year and hopefully this is just the start of things to come."

Night Ten of the Unibet Premier League in Belfast will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Night Ten - Thursday April 4
The SSE Arena, Belfast
Mensur Suljovic v James Wade
Michael Smith v Peter Wright
Rob Cross v Daryl Gurney
Michael van Gerwen v Gerwyn Price

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN remains the favourite to win the Unibet Premier League going into the second half of the 2019 season.

World Champion Van Gerwen was the 13/25 pre-tournament favourite with sponsors Unibet ahead of the new season, and is now 1/2 as he bids to retain the title next month.

Van Gerwen is joined on 13 points at the top of the league table going into the second half of the season by Rob Cross, who is now 5/1 to claim a maiden Premier League title.

Third-placed James Wade is 9/1 as he bids to win a second Premier League title a decade after being crowned as champion.

Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price are 14/1 to lift the trophy in May, with Peter Wright at 16/1, Michael Smith 18/1 and Mensur Suljovic the 20/1 outsider.

2019 Unibet Premier League
Unibet Odds
Tournament Winner (Pre-Season odds in brackets)
1/2 Michael van Gerwen (13/25)
5/1 Rob Cross (9/1)
9/1 James Wade (25/1)
14/1 Daryl Gurney (33/1)
14/1 Gerwyn Price (50/1)
16/1 Peter Wright (9/1)
18/1 Michael Smith (13/2)
20/1 Mensur Suljovic (16/1)

Night Ten Match Odds
7/4 Mensur Suljovic
7/2 Draw
11/10 James Wade

5/4 Michael Smith
4/1 Draw
11/8 Peter Wright

9/10 Rob Cross
4/1 Draw
15/8 Daryl Gurney

3/10 Michael van Gerwen
11/2 Draw
11/2 Gerwyn Price

Night Ten Unibet Specials - Belfast
James Wade, Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen all to win 5/1
Michael van Gerwen, Michael Smith and Rob Cross all to win 11/2
Michael van Gerwen, James Wade and Michael Smith all to win 6/1
James Wade, Michael Smith, Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen all to win 12/1
Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright, James Wade and Rob Cross all to win 14/1

Michael van Gerwen, Michael Smith and James Wade Most 180s 6/1
Mensur Suljovic, Rob Cross and Michael Smith Most 180s 9/1
Mensur Suljovic, Michael van Gerwen, Rob Cross and Michael Smith Most 180s 14/1
James Wade, Michael van Gerwen, Rob Cross and Michael Smith Most 180s 14/1

Wade/Suljvoic, Smith/Wright and Gurney/Cross all Over 13.5 Legs and Van Gerwen/Price Under 12.5 6/1
Wade/Suljvoic, Smith/Wright and Gurney/Cross all Over 13.5 Legs 12/1
Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen both to be "King of the Oche" 16/1
Michael van Gerwen and Michael Smith both to be "King of the Oche" 18/1
All Four Games to Have 14 Legs 33/1

170 Checkout on the Night 7/2
Nine-Dart Finish on the Night 10/1
Odds courtesy www.unibet.co.uk and correct at time of writing. Subject to fluctuation.

Unibet Premier League
Night Ten - Thursday April 4
The SSE Arena, Belfast
Mensur Suljovic v James Wade
Michael Smith v Peter Wright
Rob Cross v Daryl Gurney
Michael van Gerwen v Gerwyn Price

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE second half of the Unibet Premier League season begins at The SSE Arena in Belfast on Thursday, as Northern Ireland's Daryl Gurney bids to continue his Play-Off surge against Rob Cross.

Following the elimination of Raymond van Barneveld after last week's double-header in Rotterdam, the remaining eight players are now battling for four spots in May's Play-Offs.

The first of seven further league nights sees the Premier League return to Belfast, where Gurney enjoyed a memorable victory in his first appearance at The SSE Arena 12 months ago.

Gurney also took on Cross on that occasion, winning 7-5, and returns to Northern Ireland in fourth place in the league table after winning his last three games.

Victory in the German Darts Championship on the PDC's European Tour circuit last weekend also moved Gurney up to third on the PDC Order of Merit, leaving him in confident mood.

"I absolutely cannot wait for Thursday night," said Gurney. "I was already over the moon to be returning to Belfast and to win my first European Tour event just a few days before it is the perfect start.

"Last year in Belfast was one of the most magical experiences of my life, so to get the chance to do it again is a dream come true. I know the place will be absolutely buzzing again

"I'll be in the mode where I don't want to be beaten but to be the best, you've got to beat the best and I'll be trying my damnedest.

"I'm not as consistently good as Rob, Michael van Gerwen or James Wade but I'm looking to get into the top four."

Cross sits level on 13 points at the top of the table with World Champion Van Gerwen, and the world number two is hoping to silence the home support

"I played a Dutchman, Jeffrey de Zwaan, in Rotterdam last week and I know the crowd will be behind Daryl too but I'm looking forward to it," said Cross.

"Daryl's playing great darts at the moment and he's a fantastic guy.

"I had to dig in last week to win against Jeffrey but that's not a bad thing to have a battle like that. I hit some big scores at important times and my game's been pretty good recently.

"I've got to keep doing what I've been doing but I'm playing well. I've shown some character recently and I've needed to do that."

Van Gerwen defeated both Peter Wright and Van Barneveld by 7-1 scorelines in Rotterdam, and is looking to continue his push to top the league table when he faces Gerwyn Price in Belfast.

"I performed really well in Rotterdam and it's set me up well for the rest of the Premier League," said Van Gerwen.

"I'm really happy with how things are going and I've got a lot of confidence now, but I have to stay focused. It's still going to be a long journey towards London but I'm looking forward to it."

The visit to Belfast also sees third-placed James Wade come up against Mensur Suljovic, while Peter Wright meets Michael Smith.

2018 Premier League finalist Smith sits in eighth place going into the second half of the season, but is only four points away from the top four in a congested league table.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Post by dartsweekly »

NEW PODCAST with special guests Keegan Brown and Mac Elkin, plus we discuss can Daryl Gurney win one of the big three this year, is James Wade playing the best darts of his career, were Sky right to give RVB a wildcard for the Premier League and more...

https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/04/03/ ... -and-more/
County Player

Post by 1205 »

phil davies wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:07 pm Treble for tonight Mensur,Wright and Cross around 11-1.

The one I really don’t understand is Mensur at 8-5 to beat Wade he should favorite he has an amazing record against him especially in recent matches. Also he will Be right up for it given how Wade has acted during their recent meetings.
2-0 this year.
1-2 last year.
None of the games have been very close.
I'd ignore earlier results. Neither are playing the way they were.

It seems odd that Suljovic is unfavored. It should be at worst a coin toss.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Wade looking very lethargic for the walk on, he's either really relaxed or can't be bothered.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Relaxed it seems. 2-0 Wade,Mensur well off the pace.