PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:
BlueSpark wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:51 pm Well quite. It still goes through the till, you have to type in the selections and it automatically puts the odds in at the time of bet being struck unless manually overridden.
The selections weren't typed in. Odds checked on screen and manually written on to betting slip. In fairness I saw on screen the odds on MVG as 4/5 and at the time thought they were very generous to say the least. Only realised they were wrong when watching darts on Sky Sports and they had MVG at 1/3 prior to the start of the evening's darts.

Was not a huge bet so when settled the results were checked on system but return was manually worked out on calculator based on hand written odds on my betting slip.
Oh right, i was working on the assumption you wrote down the wrong ones, when they are the ones who had the wrong ones. Thats totally different.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The odds are written on the ticket, however the bet selections are still manually typed into the settling software.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:14 pm The odds are written on the ticket, however the bet selections are still manually typed into the settling software.
There was no software used for settling. I walked into the betting shop with my ticket, the Manager checked on the system that the players I selected won, then used a calculator to pay out based on the odds hand written on my slip. It was the same person who had written the odds on my slip that settled, so recognising their own hand writing must have made a difference.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:
BlueSpark wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:14 pm The odds are written on the ticket, however the bet selections are still manually typed into the settling software.
There was no software used for settling. I walked into the betting shop with my ticket, the Manager checked on the system that the players I selected won, then used a calculator to pay out based on the odds hand written on my slip. It was the same person who had written the odds on my slip that settled, so recognising their own hand writing must have made a difference.
Which bookmakers is this? Surely it cant be a major one if they are doing that.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Back to the 1980s in Scotland’s bookies
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Which bookmakers is this? Surely it cant be a major one if they are doing that.
It was a major bookmaker. Strange circumstances as I went in to place a bet on the PGA Championship at the same time. Was in running, and because of this they could only allow me to place my bet through the machine on the shop floor. This was electronically registered but my darts bet was not. As it happens had Jordan Speith at 40/1, but Koepke will probably win by 20 shots, given he is playing like an absolute beast.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Back to the 1980s in Scotland’s bookies
They dont settle the horse racing results up there until they get the paper in the morning to check the results.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 pm
They dont settle the horse racing results up there until they get the paper in the morning to check the results.
Let’s hope no one accidentally rubs the chalk board behind the counter.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 pm
First bookies I used was in Salford. They employed a guy to write the odds as they changed on a white board on a stage in front of the little ledge where you had to scribble your bets on.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ChrisW wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:35 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 pm
First bookies I used was in Salford. They employed a guy to write the odds as they changed on a white board on a stage in front of the little ledge where you had to scribble your bets on.
Ah was a white board.
Upmarket in Manchester compared to Scotland.
Think they used an abacus.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN is aiming to avenge his double defeats to Daryl Gurney when the pair clash in the Unibet Premier League Play-Offs on Thursday.

Gurney completed a league double over the World Champion with wins in Berlin and Manchester this season, helping the Northern Irish ace to reach the Play-Offs for the first time.

The pair will meet in Thursday's opening semi-final at The O2, where Van Gerwen is gunning to claim a fifth Premier League title.

Whilst either 2018 World Champion Rob Cross or 2009 Premier League winner James Wade would be waiting in the final, Van Gerwen insists that he has first set his sights on overcoming Gurney and making amends for his 7-5 and 8-5 defeats.

"Daryl played really well against me the last two times we played in the Premier League but I'm always confident," said Van Gerwen.

"It's a longer format but I have to do well and we'll see what's going to happen. First to ten is totally different, the pressure will be on his shoulders."

Van Gerwen extended his remarkable record of topping the regular season league table for a seventh successive year by defeating Mensur Suljovic in their final league game in Leeds last Thursday.

However, Van Gerwen had also lost to Wade during the season and suffered three draws, and insisted that he must improve if he is to come through to take the £250,000 top prize at The O2.

"It would be phenomenal to win a fifth Premier League title and it's always a special night in the Play-Offs," said Van Gerwen, who is odds-on with sponsors Unibetto take the title.

"We've been playing for 16 weeks and now it's knockout - it's all or nothing.

"I like to be the favourite but it's a different day. I will be sharp - I have to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

"I know I can do better than I have this season - there is a lot of room for improvement. I let myself down in a few games and I shouldn't have put myself in this position.

"I've still had a 100 average over the season but my concentration level in this Premier League hasn't been as good as in the last three years, so I can only blame myself for that.

"I need to make sure I get focused because it's really important for me to do well."

2019 Unibet Premier League
Play-Offs - Thursday May 23
The O2, London
Semi-Finals
Michael van Gerwen v Daryl Gurney
Rob Cross v James Wade

Final
Van Gerwen/Gurney v Cross/Wade

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Looking forward to Finals night.

Whilst Gurney has got the better of MVG in their recent TV matches, think MVG is going to come out firing on all cylinders and brush Gurney aside.

Wade vs Cross could be a lot tighter, and although I think Rob will progress, Wade would present a tougher task in the final for Michael.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Media day LiveDarts interview with Daryl Gurney.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Media day LiveDarts interview with James Wade.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Media day LiveDarts interview with MVG.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN is the 1/2 favourite with sponsors Unibet to claim a fifth Unibet Premier League title at The O2 on Thursday.

Reigning Premier League Champion Van Gerwen will take on Daryl Gurney in the semi-finals, with Rob Cross and James Wade facing off in the second semi-final.

Cross is rated second favourite at 4/1, with 2009 champion Wade a 7/1 shot and Play-Off debutant Gurney the outsider at 12/1.

Unibet Premier League of Darts – Outright
Michael Van Gerwen - 1/2
Rob Cross - 4/1
James Wade - 7/1
Daryl Gurney - 12/1

Semi-Finals Match Odds
1/5 Michael Van Gerwen v Daryl Gurney 7/2
8/13 Rob Cross v James Wade 13/10

Semi-Final Specials
MVG v Rob Cross Final- Evens
MVG and Cross Most 180s - 2/1
MVG/Gurney and Cross/Wade both to have 9+ 180s - 9/4
MVG and Rob Cross Both to Hit 5+ 180s - 9/4
MVG to beat Wade in the final - 11/4
Daryl Gurney to win and hit Most 180s - 11/2
Wade and Gurney Both to Win - 9/1
MVG and Rob Cross King of the Oche Double - 12/1
James Wade King of the Oche - 12/1
MVG to hit 9 Darter - 22/1
MVG and James Wade King of the Oche Double - 33/1

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JAMES WADE insists the pressure will not get to him at Thursday's Unibet Premier League Play-Offs, ten years on from last lifting the title.

2009 Premier League Champion Wade will make his first Play-Off appearance since 2013 when he takes on Rob Cross in the semi-final, with the winner to face Michael van Gerwen or Daryl Gurney.

Looking ahead to his return to The O2, Wade was feeling confident of his chances of doubling his Premier League title tally.

"It's been a long time since I've been in the Play-Offs but I've been playing professional darts for so long now that the pressure shouldn't get to me," said Wade.

"I expected myself to make the final but it would be so nice to win it. It's a prestigious event, against the best players in the world, so I can look forward to the Play-Offs.

"I'm happy with how the season's gone and I'm really grateful to be in the Play-Offs. I feel like I'm part of the tournament - I've got far enough now to be involved in the Play-Offs so I'm excited by it.

"Last week's game against Rob won't mean anything - it wasn't a knockout game and if anything I cost Rob £25,000 so it will give him a bit of fuel! But I'll be ready for him.

"Michael and me are probably the most experienced players in the Premier League. There are better players than me and far more flamboyant players, but I know what I'm capable of and I'm never someone to be written off."

The Unibet Premier League Play-Offs will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through video.pdc.tv for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Tickets for The O2 are still available and can be PURCHASED HERE or by calling 0844 856 0202.

Hospitality Packages can be purchased through Sport and Music.

Play-Offs - Thursday May 23
The O2, London
Semi-Finals
Michael van Gerwen v Daryl Gurney
Rob Cross v James Wade
Final
Van Gerwen/Gurney v Cross/Wade

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN is targeting a fifth Unibet Premier League title in Thursday’s Play-Offs, with Rob Cross, James Wade and Daryl Gurney also hoping to claim the presitigious title at The O2 in London.

Reigning Premier League and World Champion Van Gerwen is seeking to avenge his double defeats to Gurney in this year's tournament when the pair meet in the opening semi-final of the night.

With either Cross or Wade awaiting the winner in the final later in the night, Van Gerwen insists that he has his sights firmly set on overcoming Gurney and maintaining his bid for the £250,000 top prize.

"Daryl played really well against me the last two times we played in the Premier League but I'm always confident," said Van Gerwen, who could equal Phil Taylor's record of four successive Premier League titles with victory on Thursday.

"It's a longer format but I have to do well and we'll see what's going to happen. First to ten is totally different, the pressure will be on his shoulders.

"It would be phenomenal to win a fifth Premier League title and it's always a special night in the Play-Offs. We've been playing for 16 weeks and now it's knockout - it's all or nothing.

"I need to make sure I get focused because it's really important for me to do well."

Gurney's victory over Michael Smith on Night 16 in Leeds meant the Northern Irishman finished fourth in just his second Premier League campaign.

The world number three is plotting a third consecutive Premier League victory over Van Gerwen in 2019, a feat never before achieved in the history of the competition.

"I'm absolutely delighted to make it to The O2, it really is a dream come true and now anything is possible," said Gurney, who defeated Van Gerwen to win the Players Championship Finals in November 2018.

"To play in front of a massive crowd at such a famous darts venue is another tick in the box of what I want to achieve in my career and I'm already looking forward to it.

"Of the four players I'll probably be the fourth favourite, but being the underdog doesn't bother me as I know what I can do.

"Whenever the pressure is on me, for some reason I play my best darts. When I'm playing the best players in the world it takes me to another level and that's what I'll be aiming to reproduce in London."

The second semi-final will see 2009 champion Wade take on former World Champion Cross in a repeat of last Thursday's clash in Leeds, which saw Wade run out an 8-6 winner.

Wade will make his first Play-Offs appearance since 2013, and looking ahead to his return to The O2, was feeling confident of his chances of doubling his Premier League title tally.

"It's been a long time since I've been in the Play-Offs but I've been playing professional darts for so long now that the pressure shouldn't get to me," said Wade.

"I expected myself to make the final but it would be so nice to win it. It's a prestigious event, against the best players in the world, so I can look forward to the Play-Offs.

"Last week's game against Rob won't mean anything - it wasn't a knockout game and if anything I cost Rob £25,000 so it will give him a bit of fuel! But I'll be ready for him.

"Michael and me are probably the most experienced players in the Premier League. There are better players than me and far more flamboyant players, but I know what I'm capable of and I'm never someone to be written off."

Cross will be making his second successive Play-Offs appearance in as many Premier League campaigns, having suffered a semi-final defeat to Van Gerwen at last year's event.

The 2018 World Champion was hampered by a sternum injury in last year's Play-Offs, and Cross is looking forward to enjoying the experience this time around.

"Last year I was really struggling with my injury and I didn't get to make the most of my chance to play at The O2," said Cross.

"This year I've enjoyed playing in the Premier League a lot more, and I think that's been reflected in my improved performances.

"I've practiced a bit more, put the hard work in and it's paid dividends for me. I've learnt a lot from my experiences of the last couple of years and it's finally coming to fruition.

"To win the Premier League would be an amazing thing for me, there's only a very elite group of players to achieved it and I would love to join that list."

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Media day LiveDarts interview with Rob Cross.